Author Topic: Larry Scott  (Read 75175 times)

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: Larry Scott
« Reply #100 on: June 16, 2012, 03:58:21 AM »
Great stuff, Stunt!
I know he gets a lot of flack for "pimping" his products & services over the years, but Larry always seemed like a classy guy in the way you mentioned above.

yendor1152

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #101 on: September 29, 2012, 08:15:08 PM »
some guy on rawiron reported it, he said larry actually called him and was a little incoherent, this guy just did an article= interview with larry and larry thought it was over a year ago. the guy's name alias i guess was rodster. the disease is a strange one everyone progresses differently. music great glen campbell has had it for awhile yet he still performs. however he gets lost from time to time in his sets.

I'm the one who posted that on Raw Iron about Larry, but I never said he was a "little incoherent." Larry called to ask why we hadn't been in touch for a while--had he offended me in any way? This was a surprise to me, since the last time we chatted, everything was fine. The article we did was on "Muscle Beach Party," and while we had spoken about it originally over a year ago, the actual interview wasn't done that long ago. Anyway, as we talked, Larry confessed that he is in the first stages of early-onset Alzheimer's Disease. He spoke at length about it, in fact. I'll be doing an article on his struggle--and it is a struggle. He's still working at his business and doing his usual everyday things--including lifting--but what prompted his concern and a visit to a doctor was memory loss.

Overall, though, Larry's attitude is upbeat, as usual. He's a great champion and a superlative person. I've known him since 1985, when we first worked together--but, of course, I originally "met" him when I was a kid, and he was all over the Weider mags. Larry Scott has always been my favorite bodybuilder. We've done five articles together so far, with the 5th being about Muscle Beach Party. That'll see print in Fangoria magazine. The other four were printed in Iron Man (twice), MuscleMag and Flex (a two-parter). The Alzheimer's article will more than likely go into MuscleMag, since they're the ones I'm writing for now.

If you can, say a prayer for Larry. He deserves all the kindness and good thoughts we can give!

Rod

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2012, 06:36:15 AM »
I'm the one who posted that on Raw Iron about Larry, but I never said he was a "little incoherent." Larry called to ask why we hadn't been in touch for a while--had he offended me in any way? This was a surprise to me, since the last time we chatted, everything was fine. The article we did was on "Muscle Beach Party," and while we had spoken about it originally over a year ago, the actual interview wasn't done that long ago. Anyway, as we talked, Larry confessed that he is in the first stages of early-onset Alzheimer's Disease. He spoke at length about it, in fact. I'll be doing an article on his struggle--and it is a struggle. He's still working at his business and doing his usual everyday things--including lifting--but what prompted his concern and a visit to a doctor was memory loss.

Overall, though, Larry's attitude is upbeat, as usual. He's a great champion and a superlative person. I've known him since 1985, when we first worked together--but, of course, I originally "met" him when I was a kid, and he was all over the Weider mags. Larry Scott has always been my favorite bodybuilder. We've done five articles together so far, with the 5th being about Muscle Beach Party. That'll see print in Fangoria magazine. The other four were printed in Iron Man (twice), MuscleMag and Flex (a two-parter). The Alzheimer's article will more than likely go into MuscleMag, since they're the ones I'm writing for now.

If you can, say a prayer for Larry. He deserves all the kindness and good thoughts we can give!

Rod

Will you please post any available links to the articles here?

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2013, 09:30:58 AM »
sorry to bump an old thread... I was actually his client working with his ''bio-phase training'' for 2 years. i was 19 yrs old and def made some serious gains at the time. I believe his methods contributed to my unique shape when i grew older and bigger.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: February 20, 2013, 12:00:17 PM »
sorry to bump an old thread... I was actually his client working with his ''bio-phase training'' for 2 years. i was 19 yrs old and def made some serious gains at the time. I believe his methods contributed to my unique shape when i grew older and bigger.

Welcome aboard!!

I remember the Bio-Phase ads in the Weider mags; I think that was around 1988. I recall they featured a customized training plan and supplements. What exactly did your system consist of? Did you actually get to consult Larry personally?

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #105 on: March 09, 2013, 06:43:56 PM »

Welcome aboard!!

I remember the Bio-Phase ads in the Weider mags; I think that was around 1988. I recall they featured a customized training plan and supplements. What exactly did your system consist of? Did you actually get to consult Larry personally?

thank you. every 2 weeks, larry's associate would send me training routines and diet adjusted to my goal and progress. the package also included copies from Bill Pearl's ''key to the inner universe'' where every variations of every exercise is listed with pictures. I wish i was able to speak to larry personally but thats only if your given trainer wasnt able to answer your question.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: March 09, 2013, 06:50:18 PM »
thank you. every 2 weeks, larry's associate would send me training routines and diet adjusted to my goal and progress. the package also included copies from Bill Pearl's ''key to the inner universe'' where every variations of every exercise is listed with pictures. I wish i was able to speak to larry personally but thats only if your given trainer wasnt able to answer your question.

That's interesting. I was always curious about the intricacies of the program.

Did you also use any of the supplements?

myosaurus

• Getbig III
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:08 AM »

That's interesting. I was always curious about the intricacies of the program.

Did you also use any of the supplements?

No I was broke at the time and thought the supps were overpriced.

Montague

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2013, 10:56:17 AM »
No I was broke at the time and thought the supps were overpriced.

LOL!! I can't fault you there.

Larry advertised his protein as being the same as Blair's famous formula, but I understand that his had a ton of sugar in it, which Blair's obviously did not.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2013, 02:10:03 PM »
Possible, but don't think that Larry Scott has the same complex compound that Reho Blair (Irvin Johnson) did in the original formula. Might be close, but not quite  (just a personal view, talking to and reading about, the original concept from stronger brains than mine).

There is a guy who sells (his version) of the original formula, and say he was a close companion of Blair's, who worked and trained with him. Don't know if this gentleman was Blair's "partner", back in the day, or not. But rumor has it that the secret of Blair's formulas went to the early grave with him.

Blair's protein powder had a strong  milk (some suggest whey protein) and egg base, but never confirmed what the secret stuff actually contained. He also was big on amino acids, B-complexes and assorted other supplements. Advised to mix the powder in a heavy cream milk product. Taken throughout the day. Maybe the low carb and the high fat (heavy dairy creams, etc) accounted for the body fat loss and muscle gains of the Blair diets. Guy's who were on it, claimed increased strength and energy day by day. Some claimed a couple of inches removed from the waist during the time on the protocol. Not that many veggies or wheat products eaten with the original Blair diet.

Too bad none of that stuff is still around, could get a chemical key to the structure of what was really in it. Also the important ratio per ratio to each compound.
F

MuscleMcMannus

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2013, 02:23:26 PM »
Possible, but don't think that Larry Scott has the same complex compound that Reho Blair (Irvin Johnson) did in the original formula. Might be close, but not quite  (just a personal view, talking to and reading about, the original concept from stronger brains than mine).

There is a guy who sells (his version) of the original formula, and say he was a close companion of Blair's, who worked and trained with him. Don't know if this gentleman was Blair's "partner", back in the day, or not. But rumor has it that the secret of Blair's formulas went to the early grave with him.

Blair's protein powder had a strong  milk (some suggest whey protein) and egg base, but never confirmed what the secret stuff actually contained. He also was big on amino acids, B-complexes and assorted other supplements. Advised to mix the powder in a heavy cream milk product. Taken throughout the day. Maybe the low carb and the high fat (heavy dairy creams, etc) accounted for the body fat loss and muscle gains of the Blair diets. Guy's who were on it, claimed increased strength and energy day by day. Some claimed a couple of inches removed from the waist during the time on the protocol. Not that many veggies or wheat products eaten with the original Blair diet.

Too bad none of that stuff is still around, could get a chemical key to the structure of what was really in it. Also the important ratio per ratio to each compound.

Chemical key to the structure of what was really in it?  LMAO!  Some of you clowns really believe in this old golden age nonsense.  Like they were from some sort of alien planet.  There was nothing magical in any supplement back then. Nothing that isn't available nowadays.  Most of those supplements had a lot of different things in them.  The only difference was they were not as artificial, refined, and filled with crap like nowadays.  Most had egg protein, milk, cream, etc. like you were saying.  Hell some of them had Hershey's milk chocolate and Ovaltene like crap in them.  There was nothing special about anything back then.  Larry Scott was a big time dbol popper like many in his day.

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »
Muscle MC

Chemical key just means what was the basic stuff in the protein blend. Like the ratio of amino acids from egg, dairy or whatever. No mystery or magic stuff, just what the amino acid make up was; like; eggs, dairy, etc protein. And/or what the ratio/blend was to one another. Pretty common theory, back then and even now, that Blair's was pretty much a higher quality of egg and milk proteins. Used with a heavy whipping cream (another different protein product). Like DNA, a amino acid and how it is structured, can give different results, some bad...some good.

Witnesses say that Scott did D'bol (among other chemicals). And big time, back it that day, was some pretty weak stuff.

Lot of fraud back then (as there is now) and what was labeled high quality protein could actually be low quality and heavily laced with soy powder. Cheap Soy power is missing some of the amino acid base (22 amino acids) and a poor example of a useful protein. Bob Hoffman and Joe Weider were good examples of men who tried to pass some of their protein brands as pure. Weider was known for paying off the law suits and just keep making the same poor quality stuff under a different label brand.
F