Author Topic: Two ordered not to discuss Guantanamo claims  (Read 1787 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Two ordered not to discuss Guantanamo claims
« on: October 15, 2006, 07:34:17 AM »
Gag.

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - A paralegal and a military lawyer who brought forward allegations about prisoner abuse at the Guantanamo Bay detention center have been ordered not to speak with the press, lawyers and a military spokeswoman said Saturday.

Marine Lt. Col. Colby Vokey, who represents a detainee at the U.S. naval base in eastern Cuba, filed a complaint with the Pentagon last week alleging that abuse was ongoing at the prison. He attached a sworn statement from his paralegal, Sgt. Heather Cerveny, in which she said several Guantanamo guards bragged in a bar about beating detainees, describing it as common practice.

Muneer Ahmad, a civilian defense lawyer for Omar Khadr, a Canadian detainee whose military counsel is Vokey, said that Vokey and Cerveny were ordered Friday by the U.S. Marines not to speak with the press.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15271493/

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: Two ordered not to discuss Guantanamo claims
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 07:48:50 AM »
Hmm, potential terrorists some of which DEFINETLY want you, me, and the free world to end... and here you are defending them.

Makes me laugh they're protesting about their lack of freedom... fucking scum.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 07:52:55 AM »
Hmm, potential terrorists some of which DEFINETLY want you, me, and the free world to end... and here you are defending them.

Makes me laugh they're protesting about their lack of freedom... fucking scum.

Did you even read that article?

They got their asses kicked, the guards were bragging about it in a bar.  When the lawyer filed a complaint, the lawyer was gagged.

"potential" terrorist?  Aren't you a potential astronaut, a potential time-traveler, a potential anything?  I didn't know you could beat a man for something he hasn't done yet.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »
Did you even read that article?

They got their asses kicked, the guards were bragging about it in a bar.  When the lawyer filed a complaint, the lawyer was gagged.

"potential" terrorist?  Aren't you a potential astronaut, a potential time-traveler, a potential anything?  I didn't know you could beat a man for something he hasn't done yet.

Don't try owning me on the subject at hand due to my slip with my English brother. "POTENTIAL" was the wrong word, I agree. The reality is the people in there have an very high probability of wanting everything you live for abolished.

You have the potential to be a sane person one day! :P

I hope for your sake that potential is fulfilled! :-*
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 08:29:04 AM »
Don't try owning me on the subject at hand due to my slip with my English brother. "POTENTIAL" was the wrong word, I agree. The reality is the people in there have an very high probability of wanting everything you live for abolished.

In that case, put em on trial and follow normal course.

Are you defending the two guy guards for sitting in a bar, bragging about beating a cuffed man?

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 10:11:10 AM »
In that case, put em on trial and follow normal course.

Are you defending the two ass guards for sitting in a bar, bragging about beating a cuffed man?

Unfortunately some stupid human right laws put more power in the defendents hands, rather that being truly equal. This make it difficult to dish out true justice to these individuals.

This is why I believe special operations such as Guantanamo are justified.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 12:37:32 PM »
Unfortunately some stupid human right laws put more power in the defendents hands, rather that being truly equal. This make it difficult to dish out true justice to these individuals.

This is why I believe special operations such as Guantanamo are justified.
yeah real tuff guys that'll end terroism for sure ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 09:19:20 PM »
My very good friend is stationed there.  He is pretty high ranking and is involved in interogation.  He told me what some of the detainees say to the soldiers.  all I gotta say if any of them said anything like what he told me I would kick their ass too.  It's unreal what those sand monkeys say.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 09:29:35 PM »
My very good friend is stationed there.  He is pretty high ranking and is involved in interogation.  He told me what some of the detainees say to the soldiers.  all I gotta say if any of them said anything like what he told me I would kick their ass too.  It's unreal what those sand monkeys say.

Beating them violates international law and Geneva.

If soldiers cannot abide by these rules and control themselves when presented with such words, they shouldn't sign up for the Military, and they certainly shouldn't be in high-level interrogation positions.

Besides... you have guys that have been in a cage for 50 to 60 months... they're obviously pissed, they're obviously blowing hot air, and seeing as the guards are anonymous and holding the cell keys, the imprisoned dickheads are hardly in a posiiton to follow up on any of their threats.

The US has gotta be the bigger man here.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 09:33:52 PM »

potential could mean someone who has gone to terrorist camps and is trained to kill. if beating someone like that can make me safer, or even if it cant, i say go for it. its better than mopping your neighbours out of a blown up bus or subway :(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 09:37:05 PM »
potential could mean someone who has gone to terrorist camps and is trained to kill. if beating someone like that can make me safer, or even if it cant, i say go for it. its better than mopping your neighbours out of a blown up bus or subway :(

What about the people who have been picked up in America or Canada, held and tortured, then found to be innocent and released.  You cool with that?

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:41:46 PM »
by that thought process what about the people who we put to death for crimes who are innocent, or locked up in general? the fact they could be innocent is not an issue there, so it shouldnt be here. if you object to crossing the line of beating people to make you safer thats cool, im sure most people would till push came to shove.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:56:46 PM »
by that thought process what about the people who we put to death for crimes who are innocent, or locked up in general? the fact they could be innocent is not an issue there, so it shouldnt be here. if you object to crossing the line of beating people to make you safer thats cool, im sure most people would till push came to shove.

Problem is, the same thing will happen to our troops.  Yes, it happens sometimes now.  But now that torture is legal and you have Bush on FOXnews gloating about how waterboarding turned Kal Sheik Moham into a sniveling bitch, you probably have 100,000 new iraqi assholes dying to return the favor.

Torture is bad because 1) you get imperfect info, 2) You hurt innocents, and 3) they will do it back to our men a million times worse.

Our troops over there deserve better.  And the U.S. was built on a belief that we were better than the scum of the earth.  By breaking world law to get info (when morphine is a perfectly good alternative option and quite painless to get the truth), we become as bad as them.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
so your beef isnt with torture for our safety per se, but rather the fact its ineffective, obsolete(with morphine) and will endanger the troops oversees?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 11:06:51 PM »
so your beef isnt with torture for our safety per se, but rather the fact its ineffective, obsolete(with morphine) and will endanger the troops oversees?

MY morals say they are wrong, but since so many people justify it with "it makes us safe", I try to put it in practical terms.

it's against world law, which the US signed.  It's a legal thing.  We should renege from teh Geneva convention - and deal with those consequences - or follow it.  But "we don't follow it sometimes if it's a group that we used to call a nation but now we call them rogue state guys" - then why have Geneva at all?

These rules protect our fighting men and women.  When our soldiers not only break them - BUT BRAG ABOUT IT TO STRANGERS AT BARS - they are increasing the odds that our men will end up being tortured.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 11:19:30 PM »
id think torture would be quite effective if the person knew what you needed to find out, no??

saying its a legal thing is humerous in this situation, i doubt most of the torturees have been afforded due process ;D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2006, 12:03:46 AM »
Fuck those porch monkeys, they don't torture us they just cut their heads off.  And fuck rules in war.  The other guys don't follow and either should we.  All it does is cost the Americans money to keep these guys around.  Lose em.  No one will notice.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2006, 02:49:39 AM »
f**k those porch monkeys, they don't torture us they just cut their heads off.  And f**k rules in war.  The other guys don't follow and either should we.  All it does is cost the Americans money to keep these guys around.  Lose em.  No one will notice.

Hahaha, nice opinion 8)

Saves, money, time, and yeah, play the war by their rules... over in days!
الاسلام هو شيطانية