Author Topic: Bush Buys Land in Northern Paraguay  (Read 1216 times)

AlliedPowers

• Getbig II
Bush Buys Land in Northern Paraguay
« on: October 15, 2006, 04:11:49 PM »
Bush Buys Land in Northern Paraguay

Buenos Aires, Oct 13 (Prensa Latina) An Argentine official regarded the intention of the George W. Bush family to settle on the Acuifero Guarani (Paraguay) as surprising, besides being a bad signal for the governments of the region.

Luis D Elia, undersecretary for the Social Habitat in the Argentine Federal Planning Ministry, issued a memo partially reproduced by digital INFOBAE.com, in which he spoke of the purchase by Bush of a 98,842-acre farm in northern Paraguay, between Brazil and Bolivia.

The news circulated Thursday in non-official sources in Asuncion, Paraguay.

D Elia considered this Bush step counterproductive for the regional power expressed by Presidents Nestor Kirchner, Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva, Evo Morales, Hugo Chavez and Fidel Castro.

He said that "it is a bad signal that the Bush family is doing business with natural resources linked to the future of MERCOSUR."

The official pointed out that this situation could cause a hypothetical conflict of all the armies in the region, and called attention to the Bush family habit of associating business and politics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Bush Buys Land in Northern Paraguay
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 04:21:52 PM »
weird

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2006, 08:08:03 PM »
if this is true, I wonder what the land looks like. I wouldn't mind having a large ranch in the pampas.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 08:09:42 PM »
monster nice place to retire should things in the US get messy and/or 911 Trials start.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 08:11:16 PM »
monster nice place to retire should things in the US get messy and/or 911 Trials start.

dream on.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:59:20 PM »

hehehe   ;)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 08:19:25 AM »
All the Nazis went to South America as well right?  8)
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 08:21:08 AM »
gotta hide somewhere.  the funniest part is that the US media completely ignored it.  monster quiet purchase.  100,000 acres- that's a lot of room to keep the family should they ever lose their monster popularity here.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 08:29:48 AM »
As long as brother Jeb is in Florida, they are only a 1 pardon away from freedom.

Happy days for the Bush family.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2006, 08:31:34 AM »
As long as brother Jeb is in Florida, they are only a 1 pardon away from freedom.

Happy days for the Bush family.

Bush has already been pardoned by congress for any crimes committed thus far. and he can blanket pardon everyone involved on Christmas Eve 2008.   

But reality is, should 911 truth come out and he knew more than he let on, it might not be fun to live here no mo.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2006, 08:40:59 AM »
240-
Spin is a wonderful thing. If you look at Clinton is doing right now with his Osama stuff you would have thought he personally pulled the trigger and missed.
Bush is not very politically savvy many people will fall before he even starts to look bad and once the starts he will spin like a top.

If Nixon can look good at the time of his death and Carter like an incompetent boob then Bush will look like a freaking angel.
Z

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 08:49:15 AM »
240-
Spin is a wonderful thing. If you look at Clinton is doing right now with his Osama stuff you would have thought he personally pulled the trigger and missed.
Bush is not very politically savvy many people will fall before he even starts to look bad and once the starts he will spin like a top.

If Nixon can look good at the time of his death and Carter like an incompetent boob then Bush will look like a freaking angel.

I don't know... Bush was SO involved with fighting an investigation and has used the 911 catchphrase about a million times to justify anything he does in the world.

I think that if suddenly there were 3 DoD guys, a white house staffer or two, and a few norad/faa guys pointing fingers, and the US people realized there was complicity here, Bush would take instant blame by nature of how much he benefitted.

I'm not talking image, i was meaning more harassment from victims families.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 08:54:32 AM »
I don't know... Bush was SO involved with fighting an investigation and has used the 911 catchphrase about a million times to justify anything he does in the world.

I think that if suddenly there were 3 DoD guys, a white house staffer or two, and a few norad/faa guys pointing fingers, and the US people realized there was complicity here, Bush would take instant blame by nature of how much he benefitted.

I'm not talking image, i was meaning more harassment from victims families.

Fair enough,
but Bush as a former Pres will have secret service for life. He won't ever have to be in contact with average citizens when he is out of office.
Z

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 09:30:55 AM »
gotta hide somewhere.  the funniest part is that the US media completely ignored it.  monster quiet purchase.  100,000 acres- that's a lot of room to keep the family should they ever lose their monster popularity here.

I doubt he needs to stay away from justice.

But he will likely try to stay away from inquiries about his presidency, and it's quite unique that a president buys real estate outside of USA DURING his time in the office.

It's something that a Ferdinand Marcos or Baby Doc, or Kim Jong-Il would do. But not a president of the USA IMO.

IMHO, he hurts the Republican Party real bad by this move, and my guess is that many Republicans are real pissed off right now. I'd like to know what McCain thought when he found out LOL...

I think the Democratic Party would have more acceptance for such behaviour for some reason.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 09:36:57 AM »
The question is which Bush family member?
If it was George Bushm then people might care.

If it was his sister husband, I don't think people would care that much.
Z