Author Topic: Letrozole  (Read 2318 times)

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
Letrozole
« on: October 16, 2006, 08:34:32 AM »
Anyone know anything about this stuff? Heard that its 5 times stronger than nolva. What are the effects, when to take?

Thanks,

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
Re: Letrozole
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »
No disrespect but I find it hard to believe you have never heard of Letrozole especially having that cute little competitor symbol in your avatar. But in case you have been hiding under a rock here is a little insight.

Femara (Letrozole) is an aromatase inhibitor. It work different than Nolvadex. Nolvadex is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) and acts as an anti estrogen at the breast tissue to stave off gynecomastia but acts like an estrogen in other target tissues like the liver. These are two very different compounds.

Femara being an aromatase inhibitor stops the conversion of androgens into estrogens. The aromatase enzyme is in a group of enzymes in the cytochrome P-450 complex. Femara acts on this enzyme by inactivating the flavoprotein site specific target rendering the enzyme useless based on the blood plasma levels and binding ability.

These are two very different compounds. A simple search could have told you this. These compounds also carry inherent risks as well. The most prevalent with Femara is the ability to drive lipid levels in the dirt and possible sexual sides if not taken with testosterone. Another not well talked about side is the ability to convert more androgens into DHT thus raising acne levels. This happens because the body tries to remain in homeostasis as much as possible. If it can't convert via the aromatase enzyme sometimes the body over converts via the 5 alpha reductase enzymes into DHT.

The chief complaint, thus being serious, is Nolvadex's ability to cause permanent eye damage in some cases. This mechanism of action is different from Clomid's. It is thought Nolvadex can weaken the fibrin connective tissue causing eye abnormalities. I have only heard of one case of this firsthand although you can search the net and find countless others.

Hope this helps.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 11:05:56 AM »
No disrespect but I find it hard to believe you have never heard of Letrozole especially having that cute little competitor symbol in your avatar. But in case you have been hiding under a rock here is a little insight.

Femara (Letrozole) is an aromatase inhibitor. It work different than Nolvadex. Nolvadex is a SERM (selective estrogen receptor modulator) and acts as an anti estrogen at the breast tissue to stave off gynecomastia but acts like an estrogen in other target tissues like the liver. These are two very different compounds.

Femara being an aromatase inhibitor stops the conversion of androgens into estrogens. The aromatase enzyme is in a group of enzymes in the cytochrome P-450 complex. Femara acts on this enzyme by inactivating the flavoprotein site specific target rendering the enzyme useless based on the blood plasma levels and binding ability.

These are two very different compounds. A simple search could have told you this. These compounds also carry inherent risks as well. The most prevalent with Femara is the ability to drive lipid levels in the dirt and possible sexual sides if not taken with testosterone. Another not well talked about side is the ability to convert more androgens into DHT thus raising acne levels. This happens because the body tries to remain in homeostasis as much as possible. If it can't convert via the aromatase enzyme sometimes the body over converts via the 5 alpha reductase enzymes into DHT.

The chief complaint, thus being serious, is Nolvadex's ability to cause permanent eye damage in some cases. This mechanism of action is different from Clomid's. It is thought Nolvadex can weaken the fibrin connective tissue causing eye abnormalities. I have only heard of one case of this firsthand although you can search the net and find countless others.

Hope this helps.

Humm, so basically, if I want to see, I shouldnt take it :o  Gotcha thanks.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2006, 11:11:22 AM »
Its not that I live under a rock, its that i never been prone to sides like gyno, acne, and etc.. So belive it or not, never used a anti-estro. But I also heard that they have water cutting properties. Just wanted some insight.. thanks!

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2006, 11:45:09 AM »
Just a playful jab bro. I didn't mean any harm by it.

Both Letrozole and Tamoxifen can aid in water retention by reducing the amount of circulation estrogen levels. Higher than normal estrogen levels have an indirect affect on the Renin Angiotensin system.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/83/10/3517.pdf
http://www.cvphysiology.com/Blood%20Pressure/BP015.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renin-angiotensin_system
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/39

Keep in mind there are other ways to control water retention if it is an issue.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2006, 11:52:14 AM »
Just a playful jab bro. I didn't mean any harm by it.

Both Letrozole and Tamoxifen can aid in water retention by reducing the amount of circulation estrogen levels. Higher than normal estrogen levels have an indirect affect on the Renin Angiotensin system.

http://jcem.endojournals.org/cgi/reprint/83/10/3517.pdf
http://www.cvphysiology.com/Blood%20Pressure/BP015.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renin-angiotensin_system
http://circ.ahajournals.org/cgi/content/full/95/1/39

Keep in mind there are other ways to control water retention if it is an issue.

No I know, I play too ;D  Thanks for the info man!

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2006, 12:04:32 PM »
No problem bro. Keep in mind many people have ran Nolvadex for years with no eyesight issues whatsoever.

I happen to be one of them.

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »
No problem bro. Keep in mind many people have ran Nolvadex for years with no eyesight issues whatsoever.

I happen to be one of them.

Great post O.

Permanent eye damage would be unlikely in individuals not using the sustained dosages/duration of Nolva for it's true medically indicated purpose, i.e. breast cancer therapy.  I will say, though, that my visual acuity seems a bit off when I'm on it.

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2006, 12:46:31 PM »
Great post O.

Permanent eye damage would be unlikely in individuals not using the sustained dosages/duration of Nolva for it's true medically indicated purpose, i.e. breast cancer therapy.  I will say, though, that my visual acuity seems a bit off when I'm on it.

I have noticed the same thing but nothing substantial. I recently had an eye check up and talked to the ophthalmologist about my Nolvadex and past (dare I say way past) Clomid usage and everything seemed perfect.

Sometimes I notice the eyesight is just a little hazy but nothing major. This of course could be attributed to many factors, the sun being one but I definitely agree that the short times we are on is nothing like what the compound was designed for.

It is great to be back and talking to great sources of information like you and the other guys. Hopefully I'll be around more dragging the board down as usual.

nder98

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Getlaid!
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 08:55:40 AM »

Hope this helps.

One more question, can letro be used for PCT? to stimulate testies?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 07:35:56 PM »
No it would be a poor choice during PCT