Author Topic: SCIENCE AND CHRISTIANITY  (Read 2578 times)

bigandbrolic

• Getbig II
SCIENCE AND CHRISTIANITY
« on: October 17, 2006, 03:52:57 AM »
I heard scientists say that the sun is 93000000 miles away from earth and I believed them because I don't have a measuring device that can disprove them

I heard scientist say that there are billions of stars in the night sky and I believe them because I don't have time to count them all

My wife told me that wind is blowing furiously and I believed her even though I can't see it but I can see what it does and how it feels

soo when my mother(an millions even billions of other people) tell  me that they can see and feel the spirit of the lord moving and working wonders in their lives my only logical move is to believe (not know or prove or disprove I just BELIEVE)

THAT IS ALL CHRISTIANITY STEMS FROM BELIEF, IF YOU DON'T I CAN'T FORCE YOU IF YOU DO YOU HAVE TO STOP SAYING AND START DOING.
I am a grown ass man

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: SCIENCE AND CHRISTIANITY
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 07:08:26 AM »
you read my posts dintcha

tehbiz strikes again...

changing lives and makin a difference *one great big thumbs up and a wink*

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 07:15:07 AM »
a belief is any cognition that cannot be proven. to base your life on what amounts to a blind guess is, well, ill advised.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »
oh brother i hate arguing with weak minded people. to believe in something or have faith in the face of no empirical evidence is the core of atheism. but you and your lack of knowledge are ignorant to the impossiblities of multiple things to allow life to exsist and accept them without empirical evidence. your atheism is in fact a leap of faith because little to nothing is known before the famed first three minutes of the big bang so how we exsist, got here is an unknown. there are some theories just like my theory of god but they are faith issues.

so in closing your atheism is not logically superior but in fact just as unlikely and accepted on blind faith but you sheild your mind from this to help you sleep better at night.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 12:22:28 AM »
i see, it makes more sense to believe in something with no evidence than to not believe in something with no evidence

::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 06:20:17 AM »
i see, it makes more sense to believe in something with no evidence than to not believe in something with no evidence

::)

my post was directed at clubber lang and his broad brush. it doesn't make sense in either of the situations equally, but explain morality, the physical laws, nde's, reincarnation studies, mediumship( see gary schwartz), which all point to a god.geez if you knew how much stuff you beleive in from science that is not based on evidence you would be surprised. take ssri's for example most studies show no great benefit then placebo, mainly because we dont have a sweet clue what the brain is ultimately doing, yet many beleive as fact that serotonin is the culprit .here is a quote from the worlds leading atheist when he converted to deism. he is a philosophical and ontological expert.

For Flew, it is the argument from design that shows that the existence of God is probable. He has been impressed by recent scientific developments that suggest that the universe is the product of intelligent design. “It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design,” explains Flew.What has happened, is seems, is what he says has happened: he has gone where the evidence leads. this is from scientific data, along with philosophical arguments that have been perfected and perpetuated. but no there is no empiracal evidence of god, and never will you find any, but probabilities and logic(ala philosophy)might lead you there.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 06:51:45 AM »
science and religion should be used together in my opinion as religion and its principles wether godly or not have benefits and could teach alot fo people. like einstein said "Science without religion is lame. Religion without science is blind".

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 08:36:15 AM »
my post was directed at clubber lang and his broad brush. it doesn't make sense in either of the situations equally, but explain morality, the physical laws, nde's, reincarnation studies, mediumship( see gary schwartz), which all point to a god.geez if you knew how much stuff you beleive in from science that is not based on evidence you would be surprised. take ssri's for example most studies show no great benefit then placebo, mainly because we dont have a sweet clue what the brain is ultimately doing, yet many beleive as fact that serotonin is the culprit .here is a quote from the worlds leading atheist when he converted to deism. he is a philosophical and ontological expert.

For Flew, it is the argument from design that shows that the existence of God is probable. He has been impressed by recent scientific developments that suggest that the universe is the product of intelligent design. “It now seems to me that the findings of more than fifty years of DNA research have provided materials for a new and enormously powerful argument to design,” explains Flew.What has happened, is seems, is what he says has happened: he has gone where the evidence leads. this is from scientific data, along with philosophical arguments that have been perfected and perpetuated. but no there is no empiracal evidence of god, and never will you find any, but probabilities and logic(ala philosophy)might lead you there.

the only thing that leads you to god is your inability to deal with the eventuality of death. anything after that is a rationalization :)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 08:40:30 AM »
the only thing that leads you to god is your inability to deal with the eventuality of death. anything after that is a rationalization :)

For someone who clenches while lunging, you are wise and sagacious.  :)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 08:45:28 AM »
can you stop thinking about my ass for one g*ddamend post >:(

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 09:07:19 AM »
The flesh is weak, as they say...   :-[

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 09:14:20 AM »
touchez ;D

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 18, 2006, 09:37:51 AM »

that is the best you can come up with. read some material on consciousness and neuroscience as well as nde's, xenoglossy, reincarnation,mediumship,remote viewing etc.. i dont beleive in the eventuality of death so that statement is moot. i dont fear death of no god either since the only thing to fear from death is fear itself. i wont feel, sense anything when dead so why fear non-exsistence. you have no idea of anything you talk about yet claim a position.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2006, 09:50:18 AM »
you just proved my point :)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2006, 01:21:02 PM »
your saying i make beleive in a god for fear of death when it is solely based on philosophical and numerous other arguments. i dont fear death regardless, wether before i transitioned from a uneducated atheist who scoffed at god to a somewhat educated agnostic/beleiver is a deity. if consciousness is not a product of neural substrates then personality may live on, but i beleive that energy can neither be created nor destroyed much like einstein ;D so i would wager that my energy, wether it be personality, my mind, aura, soul or whatever will live on. this is based on study not on beleiving something for the sake of sanctuary. read some aquinas and you'll get some of my points better.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 03:04:47 PM »
i see. if energy can neither be created nor destroyed, where was your personality, mind, aura, soul or whatever before you were born?

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:24:03 PM »
dont know, well i know i didnt defy the laws of physics to be created, i have no memory of the event so i cant answer. i beleive based on parapshyical work that there is alternate realities and remembering one plane of exsistence isnt possible fully when our soul is in our body. this world is simply the experience of your brains perceptions. this world exsist in your brain nothing more, consciousness can exsist outside the brain(morphological resonance) so i assert that similar process during death. i would say the energy is from a sperm and an egg to create a soul. but obviously this is all psuedoscience on my part, wishful thinking except the egg and sperm part. the paraphysical data is out there and i can show you it if you want . might change your life ;D. but seriously there is much research being done and has been done in this field.

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 11:06:45 AM »
prove why the easter bunny doesnt exist ::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 02:22:13 PM »
big i agree with you on the god part and i will demonstrate why in a short while using physics and experience. but you cannot prove a negative. therefore proclaiming that no one cannot prove god is not an argument, like clubber has pointer out. i will try to reconcile science and religion in a later thread, im not finished understanding quantum physics yet. but anyway you cant prove a negative, so i cant prove god doesnt exsist nor can i not prove the exsistence of the easter bunny.