Author Topic: How many days at the gym?  (Read 3292 times)

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
How many days at the gym?
« on: October 17, 2006, 01:52:27 PM »
How many days of the week do you go to the gym or workout?

How long do you workout for?

I find that I get to the gym anywhere between 4 or 5 days.  I do weights and then cardio.

Depending on the day of the week, If I teach a Power class, I don't lift I do cardio that day.
If I teach Groove, I don't do cardio on that day, I lift.

A few times between clients, classes and working out, I spent 7 days in the gym.  For me, that is too much.

Sandra

az

• Getbig III
Re: How many days at the gym?
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 02:00:20 PM »
4 right now for lifting but still gotta get my cardio in (one of these days) I'm usually out in abiout 90 minutes.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 03:48:50 PM »
 The norm is 5 days a week, 2 hours each.......but I have a workout partner and we blab and don't need to do abs because we laugh so hard.

I've noticed that my workouts go faster if I know my workout partner is not going to be there....that is, if I don't just drive through the parking lot instead of going in. :-\
R

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 03:51:56 PM »
   bleech!!     :P

lol  Flowey if you were w/us, it'd be 2 1/2 hours of laughs!
R

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 03:28:07 AM »
I'm in the gym Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Don't do cardio though and I train for just over an hour. Heavy weights, and ab training two or three times a week.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 05:40:06 AM »
  4, I am out of there in a hour - hour 20mins.     That's with my 16mins of Max OT Cardio.   

I don't think I will ever do long sessions of cardio again.
  :P

Flower does that Max OT cardio REALLY work? B honest?
X

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 05:52:44 AM »
Mike and I train 5-6 days a week for 1 1/2 hours, and do cardio every night (2 mile fast paced walk).
:D Weee

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2006, 07:49:48 AM »
5 days a week with two days off for 1 hour per day training 1 body body part per day.

PB

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2006, 08:21:34 AM »
  I think it does, at least for me it seems to be.   I was doing about 45mins before.

Now 16mins all out.   It's tough, but I am increasing the levels slowly but surely.  On Level 11, Fatburner Plus, on the stairclimber now.  Started at level 7.   According to it, I am burning about 170cals in that 16mins.     :)

I think it does boost your metabolism higher for a longer period.  Ramping it up in general.

Get some tunes in your Ipod (I am currently on a Nickleback phase - Side of a Bullet!!!) and go to it!  I can just zone right out, I have to take my top off and put on a dry shirt when I get done.  (in the locker room of course  ::) )

Ok Ill give it a try on my comeback trail!!!! Side of a bullet- Tribute to the late great Dimebag Darrell!
Ummm so you take your shirt off in the gym huh?  :) me likey
X

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:21 AM »
Only 3 times a week these day's, for about 1 hour of weight training. But, it's a very intense hour, no socializing, just training.

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2006, 10:38:32 AM »
I usually go about 5 day/week.  Depending on the body part I am working, I may workout anywhere from 45 minutes to an hour.  Then I try to get in 15 to 30 minutes of cardio depending on the intensity.

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2006, 01:27:50 PM »
With all of the training I was doing, I knew I was a gym addict.

Now I feel much better, even though this week I have to do light training.  My body needs a break.

Did a Groove class on Mon. night, a Power class Tues. Morn.  Did 30 min. on crossrobics today, going back in tonight to train two clients, might put in another 30 min on bike or treadmill.  Take Thurs. off and hit gym again  Friday and Sunday.

Sandra

Deadpool

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
I am at the gym every day, sometimes twice a day

if I am not going to the gym that day, it means I am going to the dojo
X