Author Topic: White dominate MMA UFC etc?  (Read 3956 times)

theonlyone

White dominate MMA UFC etc?
« on: October 18, 2006, 09:09:43 AM »
Yes or No? To the groin or jaw?

theonlyone

Re: White dominate MMA UFC etc?
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 09:15:18 AM »
Ok nowadays?

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 09:48:14 AM »
Ok nowadays?
Who is the champ?
MMA UFC is being dominated by white! That is true! Stronger, smarter, etc...
S

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:16:30 PM »
Silva has a nice tan for a white guy

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 08:39:35 AM »
Do you mean Americans, or just people who aren't black?  There are probably more Brazilians in the upper tier of the sport than any other race.  The Japanese are doing well in the lighter weight divisions as well.  Pride has always been good about bringing in fighters from all over the world, they have a Japanese lightweight champ (Gomi), an American WW champ (Dan Henderson), a Brazilian MW champ (Wanderlei Silva), and a Russian HW champ (Fedor).  Now that's diversity if you ask me.  The UFC as a brand on the other hand, has always just been big in the States, so naturally they tried to promote mostly American fighters, (LW champ Sherk,WW champ Hughes, former Mw champ Franklin, LHW champ Liddell, and HW champ Sylvia)  Lately though, since MMA's burst in popularity, the UFC has been bringing in more foreign fighters to break that mold (Anderson Silva,Cheick Kongo,Yushin Okami,Yuki Sasaki, Alessio Sakara, Hironaka, Ansar Chalangov just to name a few)  I think it only appears whites dominate in the UFC, but in most other major organizations that isn't the case.
Predictions
 40/61

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 09:14:03 AM »
look at Cage Rage, which is an organisation with an impressive array of talent. Most of their title holders ara "black" - Anderson Silva included. Antonio De Silva is a real talent, and although only a handful can be considered good enough to be near world class they can hold their own and have proven themselves in the past. I see a very good future for De Silva if he is guided by the right people who arent looking to make a quick stack of cash out of him
Scouser on Tour

theonlyone

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 10:39:03 AM »
Fedor dominates pride, 4 ex soviests ( white ) dominate box'ing. Am I missing something? the the the the the a

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 02:09:27 PM »
Fedor dominates pride, 4 ex soviests ( white ) dominate box'ing. Am I missing something? the the the the the a

Boxing, like MMA, has more than one weight class, to say that ex soviets dominate all of boxing excludes every other division out there.  The heavyweight division in boxing no longer carries the sport like it used to (in PPV buys,talent, fighters with persona, and overall intrest), plus there is no one true, unified champion.  The real fighters that have been dominating lately are the lighter weight fighters (130lb-160lbs).  It's safe to say that Fedor is the pound4pound best MMA fighter out there though.
Predictions
 40/61

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 02:10:59 PM »
the future of most sports is eastern europeans.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
the future of most sports is eastern europeans.

In MMA, there are really only three, maybe four, ex-soviet elite level fighters.  You have the Emelianeko brothers and Cro-Cop that are top ten fighters fighters, and then you have Sergei Kharitonov, who really hasn't looked all that great in his last few outings.  So, because of that, I would put Sergei in the top 15.
Predictions
 40/61

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 07:30:41 AM »
I think there would be a ton more top tier black fighters if it weren't for the NFL and NBA and such. If you look at some of the guys in those sports you can see some freaky athleticism and strength. If some NFL defensive linemen and Linebackers had chosen fighting instead of football I believe a lot of them would have succeded in fighting. Now with fighting becoming more mainstream I think we will begin to see more of these top caliber athletes converting over to MMA.

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 08:06:56 AM »
Dana White does ;D

theonlyone

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 11:34:54 PM »

c'mon guys white's go!

theonlyone

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 11:40:50 PM »
I think there would be a ton more top tier black fighters if it weren't for the NFL and NBA and such. If you look at some of the guys in those sports you can see some freaky athleticism and strength. If some NFL defensive linemen and Linebackers had chosen fighting instead of football I believe a lot of them would have succeded in fighting. Now with fighting becoming more mainstream I think we will begin to see more of these top caliber athletes converting over to MMA.
shoulda, woulda, coulda

theonlyone

« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2006, 11:47:07 PM »
The dominance began as soon as the white people understood that you can too do the money through the sports and see black people dominating was fun no more? Track & field next?

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 07:54:57 PM »
Whats the point of this thread...just to get some racist shit off your chest???  >:(

How the f**k does the amount of melatonin in your skin have ANYTHING to do with what sports you're  gifted at???

And just for clarification...define 'white'..cause I know some good ole boys in the south who wouldn't put your "barely english" speaking ass in that catagory!  Or the Russians, or the French or the Dutch either (and I think Holland puts out some pretty good fighters).

How about enjoying the sport?  How about appreciating the skills each culture and athlete brings to the game?  How about not seeing some 'white' guy winning something as Biblical truth of the superiority of the master race???

Get your head on straight and join the 21st century.

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse  (a yellow man)

Rant over...........

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 08:52:15 PM »
I like the jacket Don King has on. The owner of that company Tony Alamo made one for me and gave itto me at the Hearns Leonard fight.  We had one made for Mike Tyson and gave it to him at the Forum one day.  King must have lked them enough to copy us.  My jacket weighed over 10 lbs. and had over 1500 Austrian Crystals on it. 

Serge218

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 03:52:42 PM »
Yeah, we all know that blacks and Latinos are horrible at sports. ::)

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2006, 08:43:03 PM »

c'mon guys racist's go!
You see Don King there? That's where it's at! Money! And you can have your white champs!! But cash is King..And in saying that most of your "White" champs ..work for the King !!!!!

theonlyone

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2006, 08:28:08 AM »
Whats the point of this thread...just to get some racist shit off your chest???  >:(

How the f**k does the amount of melatonin in your skin have ANYTHING to do with what sports you're  gifted at???

And just for clarification...define 'white'..cause I know some good ole boys in the south who wouldn't put your "barely english" speaking ass in that catagory!  Or the Russians, or the French or the Dutch either (and I think Holland puts out some pretty good fighters).

How about enjoying the sport?  How about appreciating the skills each culture and athlete brings to the game?  How about not seeing some 'white' guy winning something as Biblical truth of the superiority of the master race???

Rant over...........

IF suddenly all sports you name it would be dominated by people with the black skin would you proceed bullshittin I quote you - "How the the the a an the f**k does the the THE a amount of melatonin in your skin have ANYTHING to do with what sports you're  gifted at"???
So people should not mention the skin colour at all circumstances? Black guy Shanon Briggs (sp?) knocked down white Liakhovich.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2006, 07:39:24 PM »

Rant over...........

Now I'm not sayin one way or the other but if you think the only difference between a white man and a black man is melatonin and skin pigments you are wrong sir. There are many physiological differences. blacks and whites do not have the same genetics and there are things that whites excel at and things that blacks excel at. Yes there may be an exception here and there but it is very obvious the differences in talents and inclinations between races.

theonlyone

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2006, 07:00:11 AM »
So I hear white Klichko beat the f**k out of ( his name was? ) black guy in 7th round? 1 1 Shannon Briggs beat the shit out of white guy in 12 th th th th ( sounds like front teeth should have had been knocked off ), Klichko beat the living shit out of black guy).

theonlyone

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2006, 07:28:35 AM »

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2006, 08:41:50 PM »
Brazil has also been very dominant in MMA with many good fighters as well as Japan and USA.

In Pride for example, we had Noguiera at the top (for the heavies) until Fedor showed up.

Nowadays Fedor, Crocop and Barnett are at the top of the heavies.

There are also more weightclasses than heavyweight where both Brazil, Japan and USA have been dominant through the years.

Holland is also a good MMA-country with many good fighters, in many different colors.

Semmy, Overeem, Melvin Manhoef etc

Melvin Manhoef had a VERY good fight against Evangelista "Cyborg" Santos a while ago, it's a must see.
Q