Author Topic: Had to repost this vid  (Read 878 times)

body88

Had to repost this vid
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:12:53 AM »
http://www.break.com/index/superdawg.html

There was speculation over on the bulldogs forum of the breed of this dog. Some said pitbull but I believe it is a smaller standard American bulldog. Standard bulls go from 70 - 120 lbs. This guy looks to be about 75 lbs. If not he is a mix.

My pup is 80lbs already but he is a Johnson/standard bull. The johnson strain of American bulldogs go from 80 - 120 plus. The standard go from  70 - 120. The hybrid strain are the newer type of American bulls. Breeders take the best of both strains (size,muscle and strength of johnson)(superior athletic ability,condition and looks of the standard) and get a "hybrid". Frankie is a hybrid. They go from 85 - 120 plus usually.

Before people start this video is just a highlight of the athletic ability of bully type breeds. American bulldogs and most all bull breeds love to jump and hang of ropes and swings.They do this on there own for fun. They where also bred to pull down large bulls among other things. Hence them loving to fling around on swings. This dog was in now way hurt during this activity. I would NEVER post a video of any dog being harmed in any way.

Here is my bull for those who have not seen him. He is 7 months old in the picture. For those who do not like pitbulls or American bulldogs I repsect your opinion. Please do not post nonsense in this thread tho. I do not feel like having to break out all the statistics.

body88

Re: Had to repost this vid
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:13:58 AM »
Here are a few examples for those interested.. The first pup pictured is a standard Ab. The second is a Johnson. The johnson can be anywhere from 80 lbs to over 120 with zero fat on them.The one pictured is about 110lbs I personally prefer the hybrids as they have the sleek longer nose of the standards. Feel free to post some shit on your favorite dog or cat. Post some information and pictures about the breed or type of pet you are talking about!! Thread could be cool.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2006, 11:08:15 AM »
Your dog is a beauty he has great markings. The bottom two dogs look vicious

body88

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2006, 12:09:16 PM »
Your dog is a beauty he has great markings. The bottom two dogs look vicious

Thanks alot. They are not vicious. They may look it but I can assure you they are just in a alert pose due to what is going on around them. American bulldogs belong to the mastiff family. They are working dogs not fighting dogs.

The first pup is in the middle of judging at a dog show. The second is watching a ball be thrown to get his attention to get a action shot of him. Check out a few more pictures of the standard bull you thought looked mean. Changes your mind when you see him smile right?

That is the thing with big bulls. They looks very intimidating but are big teddy bears. unless of course they where abused or trained to attack people. but that is not a characteristic of the dog. That is human modification. Ab's are renowned for being great with children and also gentle. They where bred to bait bulls, hunt, pull weights,catch livestock and also protect farms and familys.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2006, 02:34:56 PM »
I believe that bull type of dogs are a waste.

There is no use for these dogs, as their temper make them unfit for watch duty, and to use them as fight dogs, the original purpose, is cruel.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2006, 02:44:11 PM »
http://www.break.com/index/superdawg.html

There was speculation over on the bulldogs forum of the breed of this dog. Some said pitbull but I believe it is a smaller standard American bulldog. Standard bulls go from 70 - 120 lbs. This guy looks to be about 75 lbs. If not he is a mix.

My pup is 80lbs already but he is a Johnson/standard bull. The johnson strain of American bulldogs go from 80 - 120 plus. The standard go from  70 - 120. The hybrid strain are the newer type of American bulls. Breeders take the best of both strains (size,muscle and strength of johnson)(superior athletic ability,condition and looks of the standard) and get a "hybrid". Frankie is a hybrid. They go from 85 - 120 plus usually.

Before people start this video is just a highlight of the athletic ability of bully type breeds. American bulldogs and most all bull breeds love to jump and hang of ropes and swings.They do this on there own for fun. They where also bred to pull down large bulls among other things. Hence them loving to fling around on swings. This dog was in now way hurt during this activity. I would NEVER post a video of any dog being harmed in any way.

Here is my bull for those who have not seen him. He is 7 months old in the picture. For those who do not like pitbulls or American bulldogs I repsect your opinion. Please do not post nonsense in this thread tho. I do not feel like having to break out all the statistics.

Put 'em all to sleep!  >:(

Just fucking with ya!  ;)
HAHA, RON.....

body88

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2006, 03:28:08 PM »
I believe that bull type of dogs are a waste.

There is no use for these dogs, as their temper make them unfit for watch duty, and to use them as fight dogs, the original purpose, is cruel.

YIP
Zack

Where to start on this ignorant post?! First off American bulldogs belong to the MASTIFF family. They where never bred to fight. Johnson and Scott American bulldogs where bred to WORK. Bait bulls,catch livestock, WATCH property, protect there owners from harm, pull weights and also be a general working dog. Just like the hundred other working breeds. What is cruel about that? There was a strain of bulldog bred by some nut which infused pit blood into the johnson line to attempt to make a fighting dog. This was done in very small numbers and was never a official breed. This has nothing to do with the Johnson/Scott breed of American bulldog. This has happened with every breed you can think off.People fuse different dogs together all the time looking to make the ultimate dog for a various activity. Again, Johnson and Scott American bulldogs where NEVER bred to fight.They are actually considered to be a bad choice for fighting. They lack "game". Gameness is the ability to fight to the death or through any pain. Look it up. They are working dogs. They are also known for how great they are with children and people. You stating bully breeds and generalizing about 10 different breeds shows you have no clue. Do you think mastiffs are pitbulls? They are a bully breed. The word bull has nothing to do with the relation of breeds.

Pitbull TERRIORS where bred to fight. They do not make good watch dogs because they are to loyal to humans.A pitbull will attack a human if they feel there owner is threatened or they have been taught the behavior. The people who own pitbulls are usually tough guys or wannabee thugs these days. They do not train them. They so not socialize them. They incourage bad behavior. Hence that breed having problems. Before them it was Rotts. Pitbulls where bred to fight other dogs. Hence them being prone to be animal aggressive if not socialized. But that is true for ANY dominant breed. Pitbulls where bred to be very loyal and tolerant of humans because the pit fighters did not want to be attacked every time they got into the pit to get the dogs. You would know that if you where not talking out of your ass. Pitbulls also belong to the terrier family. American bulldogs are mastiffs. Hence them being 10 times larger than a full grown pit. The only blood they share is old English bulldog. Which about 90 percent of dominant dogs share ::) You do know pits are a total different breed than the American bulldog? A pitbull is no different from any other dominant breed of dog when raised correctly. They are not aggressive by nature. I state my facts with scientific proof. You state myths you heard from some idiot. The people who own pitbulls are the ones who give them the bad name. The fighters and the tough guy assholes who promote bad behavior cause these animals to become weapons. A pitbull raised correctly is no different than a Doberman raised correctly. The pitbull actually temper scores much higher. You would know that if you knew about dogs.

Lastly, go look up temperament scores for pitbull terriers and American bulldogs on the national rankings. They score in the low 90's. Better than most every breed of dog.

You have no idea what you are talking about. If you read the first post I asked people who where not fans of the breed to stay out of the thread.I said i respected the opinion of these people. I asked this as most of you people have no clue what you are talking about. Then I have to type 5 pages proving everything you said to be incorrect. To which you come back and claim what I said was not true. Then I have to go get all the information which is scientific and post all the links. To which you go into denial and tell me about isolated incidents that happen all the time with tons of other breeds.

You have better chance of being hit by lighting while winning the lottery than being killed by a pitbull or any other dog for that matter.