Author Topic: Good Ol' CNN  (Read 4662 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Good Ol' CNN
« on: October 19, 2006, 12:44:38 PM »
From CNN

"Almost 2,800 Americans have been killed so far in Iraq and one of the most dangerous insurgent opponents is the sniper. CNN has obtained graphic video from the Islamic Army of Iraq, one of the most active insurgent organizations in Iraq, showing its sniper teams targeting U.S. troops. The Islamist Army says it wants talks with the United States and some Islamist Internet postings call for a P.R. campaign aimed at influencing the American public. The video is disturbing to watch but CNN believes the story, shocking as it is, needs to be told."

If this isn't active propaganda or deliberate promotion in hopes of failure in Iraq, I don't know what is.   >:(

Keep up the good work, 240.  You're doing a great job of assisting CNN in their mission of getting "the message" out.   ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Good Ol' CNN
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 12:51:03 PM »
From CNN

"Almost 2,800 Americans have been killed so far in Iraq and one of the most dangerous insurgent opponents is the sniper. CNN has obtained graphic video from the Islamic Army of Iraq, one of the most active insurgent organizations in Iraq, showing its sniper teams targeting U.S. troops. The Islamist Army says it wants talks with the United States and some Islamist Internet postings call for a P.R. campaign aimed at influencing the American public. The video is disturbing to watch but CNN believes the story, shocking as it is, needs to be told."

If this isn't active propaganda or deliberate promotion in hopes of failure in Iraq, I don't know what is.   >:(

Keep up the good work, 240.  You're doing a great job of assisting CNN in their mission of getting "the message" out.   ::)

IT's the truth.  That's all.  Not like the WMD's which weren't the truth.

Fact is, this whole Iraq war crap is a gigantic example of gross imcompetence by the BUSH administration and IF someone doesn't do something about it, like the american public, more US soldiers will die.

ARE YOU OK with that C-500?  More US soldiers dying or would you rather be spoon fed "Everything is going well reports from Iraq"?

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:53:48 PM »
The truth is propaganda?  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 12:56:57 PM »
If this isn't active propaganda or deliberate promotion in hopes of failure in Iraq, I don't know what is.   >:(

Keep up the good work, 240.  You're doing a great job of assisting CNN in their mission of getting "the message" out.   ::)

what the hell did I do?

Because I read CNN among the ten new pages I visit daily? 

What the hell, man?
That article was up yesterday, and while I posted 4 stories about current events, I didn't toucvh that one.

You know, it's ignorant MFers like yourself who are the problem.  You don't know facts, you just blindly throw shit out there, making baseless accusations.  Get educated and stop embarassing yourself. 

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:58:09 PM »
Promoting failure?

newsflash  guys..Bush has failed.
and if you say bush has not failed ..well exactly how bad need it be for you to admit faliure on his part?

notice i didn't say we have failed..
carpe` vaginum!

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 01:03:04 PM »
Yeah why pay attention to the Truth?  It's all good sitting in 5000 miles away talking about how justified we are doing what we are doing while we sit safe in our homes..............while US soldiers get killed everyday in a war they should have never been in and the 100,000 diplaced Iraqis have to find shelter and live in constant threat of dying...........  When we are supposidly now, there for democracy and the majority of peop;le there think they'd be better off if the US just left....  So it's only democracy when it's convienient ofr us not Iraq huh?

Safe sound and secure 5000 miles away and complaining about the God dam TRUTH!

It's all good isn't C-500?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 01:05:06 PM »
what the hell did I do?

Because I read CNN among the ten new pages I visit daily? 

What the hell, man?
That article was up yesterday, and while I posted 4 stories about current events, I didn't toucvh that one.

You know, it's ignorant MFers like yourself who are the problem.  You don't know facts, you just blindly throw shit out there, making baseless accusations.  Get educated and stop embarassing yourself. 

They don't blindly throw out there they:

they JUST CHOOSE TO STAY BLIND

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 01:21:16 PM »
Fact is, this whole Iraq war crap is a gigantic example of gross imcompetence by the BUSH administration and IF someone doesn't do something about it, like the american public, more US soldiers will die.
  More US soldiers dying or would you rather be spoon fed "Everything is going well reports from Iraq"?
well said

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 01:26:28 PM »
First of all, you can slow your roll with the name calling, bro.  Because you post articles all day and provide links to prove your theory does not, I repeat, does NOT mean I don't know facts (or any other person that posts information conflicting to your belief).  I won't even entertain your last sentence I quote in this reply.  If it upset you this much, then there's something behind what I'm saying, else you wouldn't come at me with the 3rd grade name-calling.  All I'm saying is that you perpetuate what we hear in the mainstream media on this site.  Just because you take the time to watch MSNBC, Fox, and CNN doesn't give you to the right to have claim to all the facts.  All you have claim to is what's given to you by these media

IT's the truth.  That's all.  Not like the WMD's which weren't the truth.

ARE YOU OK with that C-500?  More US soldiers dying or would you rather be spoon fed "Everything is going well reports from Iraq"?
Bro, I don't like the fact that soldiers are dying either.  Believe me, I don't.  But it's war.  Some might say that we went there for the wrong reason, but I feel like this is one of those situations like when you pull up a old, wet cardboard in the garage, and you see a ton of roaches or ants scatter.  You don't just put the cardboard back down, do you?  You clean up the mess.  I truly feel like this is where we're at.  Plus, I think we've fallen victim of hearing an overload of information that we REALLY don't know is true or not that we've begun to believe it.  You know, OJ actually thought he was innocent.  I'm saying the mess that's put out in the media now is of the same mold.  Just my take, bro.  Glad you didn't resort to the 3rd grade stuff.  I appreciate that.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
they JUST CHOOSE TO STAY BLIND
couldn't i say the same for those of your thought pattern?  ???

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 01:31:31 PM »
Promoting failure?

newsflash  guys..Bush has failed.
and if you say bush has not failed ..well exactly how bad need it be for you to admit faliure on his part?

notice i didn't say we have failed..

Are you kidding? Have you seen the posts of some of these pro Bush guys?

Bush could walk into a Macy's and start blowing small children away with an Uzi and they still wouldn't say he was wrong.

Not much more pathetic than those that stick to the party line no matter what.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:29 PM »
couldn't i say the same for those of your thought pattern?  ???

What am i being blind too?

The senseless death?

The 800 billion in debt?

The thousands of maimed war veterens?

The wide spread instability?

The incompetence by the BUSH administration?

The dramatic increase in terrorism in the region?

The Lie of the WMD's?

the tens of thousands of dead Iraqis that would be living if it weren't for us right now.

Or am i being blind to the overall picture of our mission there?

Because I am being blind to that overall picture  in the face of it's UNDENIABLE FAILURE caused by incompetence and neo-con zealotry

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:43 PM »
First of all, you can slow your roll with the name calling, bro.  Because you post articles all day and provide links to prove your theory does not, I repeat, does NOT mean I don't know facts (or any other person that posts information conflicting to your belief).  I won't even entertain your last sentence I quote in this reply.  If it upset you this much, then there's something behind what I'm saying, else you wouldn't come at me with the 3rd grade name-calling.  All I'm saying is that you perpetuate what we hear in the mainstream media on this site.  Just because you take the time to watch MSNBC, Fox, and CNN doesn't give you to the right to have claim to all the facts.  All you have claim to is what's given to you by these media
Bro, I don't like the fact that soldiers are dying either.  Believe me, I don't.  But it's war.  Some might say that we went there for the wrong reason, but I feel like this is one of those situations like when you pull up a old, wet cardboard in the garage, and you see a ton of roaches or ants scatter.  You don't just put the cardboard back down, do you?  You clean up the mess.  I truly feel like this is where we're at.  Plus, I think we've fallen victim of hearing an overload of information that we REALLY don't know is true or not that we've begun to believe it.  You know, OJ actually thought he was innocent.  I'm saying the mess that's put out in the media now is of the same mold.  Just my take, bro.  Glad you didn't resort to the 3rd grade stuff.  I appreciate that.

Well said.  I agree.  

I'm very worried about my two buddies in Iraq, but they are making the ultimate sacrifice for their country by risking their lives to serve while people like me enjoy a leisurely life at home (earthquakes and power outages aside).  

There are always casualties in war.  I think many Bush-haters are using casualties to try and support their claim that we shouldn't have invaded.  But whether we have enough boots on the ground and how long we should stay are really different issues from whether we should have invaded.    

We have short memories.  I remember how the military ordered well over ten thousand body bags during Desert Storm, anticipating some major causalities.  

I hope we come up with an exit strategy soon.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 01:42:31 PM »

Ok, sorry about the name calling. I was pissed.  I passed up that article yesterday, never clicking on it, cause it sickened me to my stomach.  

As far as the media goes, I easily visit ten sites a day on my own, including euro and australian websites, to see how news is presented differently on each. I also visit message boards on politics and 911, and see many stories we're not fed here.  I recognize trends as a result, and I have a pretty fair grasp of what's going on in the world.

I post links from world media here and what happens? I hear "yeah, with this liberal news source i've never heard of and therefore refuse to click on " echoes from about five people here.  So, I find the same news on FOX or CNN (albeit a day or two later), and this time they go from being a blind critic to a blind accepter of it as gospel.  So I don't mean the namecalling - but you called me out by name for it after i intentionally avoided that sniper link, which my stomach wouldn't let me open.  Like man, iraq makes me sick.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 01:45:32 PM »

Bro, I don't like the fact that soldiers are dying either.  Believe me, I don't.  But it's war.  Some might say that we went there for the wrong reason, but I feel like this is one of those situations like when you pull up a old, wet cardboard in the garage, and you see a ton of roaches or ants scatter.  You don't just put the cardboard back down, do you?  You clean up the mess.  I truly feel like this is where we're at.  Plus, I think we've fallen victim of hearing an overload of information that we REALLY don't know is true or not that we've begun to believe it.  You know, OJ actually thought he was innocent.  I'm saying the mess that's put out in the media now is of the same mold.  Just my take, bro.  Glad you didn't resort to the 3rd grade stuff.  I appreciate that.

Just so you know,  if I get heated at a post of yours, please don't take my passion for the subject personally in regards to any jabs direct or indirect towards you as i don't mean any disrespect to you as a person.  I'm sure that if we were in person, I'd hope to be firends even though i may strongly disagree with your views.  I have many friends with similar views as yours but we don't confuse the 2 issues even in heated debates.  Sometimes i tend to get a little aggressive so I apologize.

that being said,

I'm not sure i follow you card board analogy.  If this were happening in Afghanistan, A war i feel was just, I'd still want the truth and any and all unfiltered news from it i could get. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 01:49:15 PM »
I'm not sure i follow you card board analogy.  If this were happening in Afghanistan, A war i feel was just, I'd still want the truth and any and all unfiltered news from it i could get. 

Speaking of - I just read today that the northern alliance had signed an agreement with an Argentine oil pipeline company right before 9/11.  The US company unocal was beat out on price and the deal was done.   Our invasion of course nullified this contract.  Monster motive to find any reason to invade ;)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 01:50:13 PM »
Well said.  I agree.  

I'm very worried about my two buddies in Iraq, but they are making the ultimate sacrifice for their country by risking their lives to serve while people like me enjoy a leisurely life at home (earthquakes and power outages aside).  

There are always casualties in war.  I think many Bush-haters are using casualties to try and support their claim that we shouldn't have invaded.  But whether we have enough boots on the ground and how long we should stay are really different issues from whether we should have invaded.    

We have short memories.  I remember how the military ordered well over ten thousand body bags during Desert Storm, anticipating some major causalities.  

I hope we come up with an exit strategy soon.

Agreed.  I'd like to hear more talk about an exit strategy.  If it's 10 years, so be it.  But let's come up with a plan.  I still wish that Pres. Bush had allowed Rumsfeld to resign, as I feel he is a good portion of the problem we're in now.  It also would have been nice if President Bush has chosen a different Vice President as well.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 01:53:53 PM »
Agreed.  I'd like to hear more talk about an exit strategy.  If it's 10 years, so be it.  But let's come up with a plan.  I still wish that Pres. Bush had allowed Rumsfeld to resign, as I feel he is a good portion of the problem we're in now.  It also would have been nice if President Bush has chosen a different Vice President as well.

Now you're talking!   :)

However, i hope it's not 10 years....  I wish it were like no more than 18 months to 24 months...  Know any Jeannies?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 01:54:11 PM »
240, I wouldn't even address this COLOSSAL BULLSHIT... Now you're aiding the Iraqi insurgency ::)  WHAT A COMPLETE FUCKTARD THING TO SAY...

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 01:56:13 PM »
Just so you know,  if I get heated at a post of yours, please don't take my passion for the subject personally in regards to any jabs direct or indirect towards you as i don't mean any disrespect to you as a person.  I'm sure that if we were in person, I'd hope to be firends even though i may strongly disagree with your views.  I have many friends with similar views as yours but we don't confuse the 2 issues even in heated debates.  Sometimes i tend to get a little aggressive so I apologize.

that being said,

No apologies necessary, OzmO.  These are issues that should be debated.  And rest assure, were we to be discussing this in person, I wouldn't take this personal.  I understand the passion behind what you say.  We just happen to disagree.  

In my analogy of the cardboard, I'm trying to articulate the fact that we did not know what was "under the covers" in Iraq when we got over there.  But once we were actually there, and saw that there was a mess (the ants/roaches), we can't just very well leave the situation as it was.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 01:56:55 PM »
Agreed.  I'd like to hear more talk about an exit strategy.  If it's 10 years, so be it.  But let's come up with a plan.  I still wish that Pres. Bush had allowed Rumsfeld to resign, as I feel he is a good portion of the problem we're in now.  It also would have been nice if President Bush has chosen a different Vice President as well.

Serious question, what good does talking about a 10 year exit strategy do?

Do you have any idea how much 10 years over there will cost, both in terms of lives and money?

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 02:00:29 PM »

Do you have any idea how much 10 years over there will cost, both in terms of lives and money?

At 2.6 billion a week that would cost:  $1,352,000,000,000

At 5 deaths per day that would be:  18,000+ deaths

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 02:06:43 PM »

I guess these fucking morons don't care that the debt will be on the backs of the young generation.

We could stay there 10 years, spend billions more to divide that country into 3 seperatate nations and lose thousands of more soliders. On the other hand, we could get the fuck out and now and let them solve their own problems, and only then can we truly focus on the real 'war on terror'.

It's really hard to believe how some people could be so entrenched in one political pit.  ???

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 02:12:57 PM »
I guess these fucking morons don't care that the debt will be on the backs of the young generation.

We could stay there 10 years, spend billions more to divide that country into 3 seperatate nations and lose thousands of more soliders. On the other hand, we could get the f**k out and now and let them solve their own problems, and only then can we truly focus on the real 'war on terror'.

It's really hard to believe how some people could be so entrenched in one political pit.  ???

It's funny how politics has this effect on people. It must be because for some your political point of view is akin to their religious point of view.

I used the analogy in another thread that watching people defend Bush is like watching a mother swear up and down that her son is a good person and that he isn't a criminal even though he's been arrested 15 times and spent 6 years in prison.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 02:16:36 PM »
It's funny how politics has this effect on people. It must be because for some your political point of view is akin to their religious point of view.

I used the analogy in another thread that watching people defend Bush is like watching a mother swear up and down that her son is a good person and that he isn't a criminal even though he's been arrested 15 times and spent 6 years in prison.

Yeah, oddly enough it seems that most die hard religous people are republicans.  I don't how true that is, but it just seems that way to me.