Author Topic: Chick at the 1989 Nationals plus more videos  (Read 9532 times)

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
  • STANZO-20 stayin crisp, tight, and strong!!!
Re: Chick at the 1989 Nationals plus more videos
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2006, 04:27:21 AM »
Obviously, the Olympic thing never panned out...although I was ready if it did.
OK dude let me spell it out for you - WHY DIDN'T THE 1992 BBING TEAM EVER HAPPEN!! You were ass deep in the industry so I thought you might have some insight into WHY it never happened.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2006, 08:31:56 AM »
OK dude let me spell it out for you - WHY DIDN'T THE 1992 BBING TEAM EVER HAPPEN!! You were ass deep in the industry so I thought you might have some insight into WHY it never happened.

How would I know?? This was waaaaaaaay back...and I was just an amateur trying to get my pro card, I knew nothing of the inside workings with reguards to getting BB in the Olympics.

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2006, 08:58:13 AM »
How would I know?? This was waaaaaaaay back...and I was just an amateur trying to get my pro card, I knew nothing of the inside workings with reguards to getting BB in the Olympics.
Well I guess you got a point no net back then and you had to wait for month until the mags came out with the pics from the shows. But I thought it might have been big talk around the gyms when the word came out that there was no Olympic bbing team.
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2006, 12:41:09 PM »

I remember back then it was Ben Weider's dream to have BB recognized by the Olympic committee.  He felt that was validation that BB was a true sport.  The Olympic committee was hesitant because of the steroid stigma associated with BB.  Ben was trying to get a team together to demonstrate the sport of BB but the Olympic committee never went for it and BB never became an exhibition event which is the first step to getting recognized.  As a natural BB when I heard of the Olympic team I also got excited about it.  When it fizzled out I decided to go for the Universe Team.  When I saw what the testing was like at the TU I decided not to do it again.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2006, 12:47:54 PM »
When it fizzled out I decided to go for the Universe Team.  When I saw what the testing was like at the TU I decided not to do it again.

Are you suggesting that there may be some competitors at TU who are, shall we say, "less than natural"?   ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2006, 12:52:11 PM »
Are you suggesting that there may be some competitors at TU who are, shall we say, "less than natural"?   ;D

I promoted a natural show in Florida and a guy that failed my drug test was on stage at the Team Universe in my weight class  ::)

LASTREP72

• Getbig III
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2006, 02:35:56 AM »
I remember back then it was Ben Weider's dream to have BB recognized by the Olympic committee.  He felt that was validation that BB was a true sport.  The Olympic committee was hesitant because of the steroid stigma associated with BB.  Ben was trying to get a team together to demonstrate the sport of BB but the Olympic committee never went for it and BB never became an exhibition event which is the first step to getting recognized.  As a natural BB when I heard of the Olympic team I also got excited about it.  When it fizzled out I decided to go for the Universe Team.  When I saw what the testing was like at the TU I decided not to do it again.
Just curious what were you best lifts being a natty?
I'm Rick James BITCH!!!

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2006, 06:17:58 AM »
Just curious what were you best lifts being a natty?

I remember very few "best lifts" but I did do a 365 incline barbell press for 5 reps completely by myself then a little help on 6 and 2 more forced reps.  I stopped squatting when I could get 405 for 10 because my lower back would get a painful pump so I switched to hacks and leg press.  My best leg press was 11 plates on a side (Flex brand) for 6+ reps and I could hack 6 plates a side on the hack squat.  This is at 5'8" and about 195.

CF

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Ready or not!
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2006, 10:27:21 PM »
oh brotha... ::)
hey Dee, if you have something to say, please, by all means email me.  I'm a bit tired of your bull----. ::)

Carlo

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 08:20:08 AM »
I remember very few "best lifts" but I did do a 365 incline barbell press for 5 reps completely by myself then a little help on 6 and 2 more forced reps.  I stopped squatting when I could get 405 for 10 because my lower back would get a painful pump so I switched to hacks and leg press.  My best leg press was 11 plates on a side (Flex brand) for 6+ reps and I could hack 6 plates a side on the hack squat.  This is at 5'8" and about 195.
i'm calling bullshit on the inclines, the others i believe.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

tomr1976

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #60 on: October 23, 2006, 08:36:09 AM »
i'm calling bullshit on the inclines, the others i believe.

::)

How's lifting been going with that 50 lb vinyl weight set of yours, "big guy"??