Author Topic: WTH is Sprint selling phone numbers?  (Read 2147 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
WTH is Sprint selling phone numbers?
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:13:29 PM »
 >:(
Just bought a new cell phone with a new number, and I'm getting calls from Florida and 800and 866 numbers.....I'm pissed...anyone have Kamali's lawyer's phone number I think this is a winner

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
Re: WTH is Sprint selling phone numbers?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:21:14 PM »
Just bought a new cell phone with a new number, and I'm getting calls from Florida and 800and 866 numbers.....I'm pissed...anyone have Kamali's lawyer's phone number I think this is a winner

Cell phone numbers are recycled so the calls you are getting are most likely from the previous owner.  SHould go away in a few days.

Please don't ask how I know this...... ;D
A

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »
To Vince G CSN MFT. I know you are a smart businessman but how are international customers supposed to be able to contact you on the phone?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 05:58:09 PM »
To Vince G CSN MFT. I know you are a smart businessman but how are international customers supposed to be able to contact you on the phone?

They can use Skype to caliberfitness or make a regular international call
A

thisiskeith12

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:09:03 PM »
Call this number

1-888-382-1222

It's the National 'DO NOT CALL' Registry. If a telemarketer calls you and you are on this list, you can sue them for a minimum of $1 million.

No joke.

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 06:24:41 PM »
Call this number

1-888-382-1222

It's the National 'DO NOT CALL' Registry. If a telemarketer calls you and you are on this list, you can sue them for a minimum of $1 million.

No joke.

NO you can't.  Who told you that???

A

thisiskeith12

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 06:26:52 PM »

NO you can't.  Who told you that???

Okay, I made the suing part up, but you can call and get your number blocked from telemarketers.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 06:30:51 PM »
I've never gotten a telemarketer call on my cell phone.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 06:35:57 PM »
If a telemarketer calls you and you are on this list, you can sue them for a minimum of $1 million.

No joke.

Ok, that is what I was thinking, I was going to seek at least 400k since that should be enough to pay for my supplements and food bill for the next few years, but I guess now I know that I can get at least a mil I'll bump it up to that. Wonder what percentage Kamali's lawyer will take?

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:32 PM »
I put all my numbers on a do not call list. Funny how when you mention this to them they get all nice and polite and tell you that they won't call back again.  ;D

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 06:50:25 PM »
i bet the people on the do not call list get more calls. 

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 07:25:31 PM »
Goodbum rocks! ;D
Team Goodrum!

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 08:15:25 PM »
there are companies that specialize in selling your ENTIRE cell or home phone bill records. you don't have to be a cop, pi, or any type of investigator. anyone that wants to can go and buy these records, and then do whatever they do.  i'm sure that makes you feel safe and snug at night, huh?  Sponsored Links

Cell Phone Records
Get detailed Phone Records for any
Residential, Business or Cell Phone
NetSleuth.com

Need Cell Phone Records?
Discover the Top Sites For Cell
Phone Records-Read This Review Now
CellPhone.RecordsSiteRev iews.com

Cell Phone Records
Instant Cell Phone Records Search
Start Your Anonymous Search Now
CellPhone.RecordsSiteCom parison.com

Cell Phone Records
Get unlisted cell phone numbers,
names, addresses, all records.
www.BackgroundSearcher.c om

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 08:29:49 PM »
One [service], costing $3 per month, will send a message with your coordinates to friends and family periodically while you're traveling. Another will automatically dispatch a text message to friends who get within a block or so of each other as they move around town. Yet another, costing 29 cents a day, will send a message if a person isn't at a specified place at a certain time and then allows the tracker to see the person's movements over the previous five hours. And 20,000 parents pay $10 per month for alerts if their children stray from the route between school and home. The Korea Association of Information &; Telecommunication reckons such services are growing by 74% annually, with revenues expected to triple in 2007, to $1.54 billion, from $500 million last year.

Korea, though, is clearly at the forefront -- and not just for consumers. Hwang Yoon, who runs a call center for 1,500 taxi drivers, uses a service that broadcasts text messages to cabdrivers within a one-, two-, or three-kilometer radius of a fare's location. The first driver who responds -- by pushing a button on the phone -- gets the job. "This technology is an excellent and cheap fit for us," says Hwang. Sales of business-related tracking services in Korea are expected to jump more than fivefold this year, to $248 million, from $43 million last year.

Even so, the 1984 feel of some of these services has prompted Seoul to step in to ensure customers' privacy. In December, the National Assembly approved a law that requires a government license for all companies gathering such location information. Companies with licenses can only share that information with people designated by those being tracked, and those individuals are ensured access to detailed records of all requests for tracking. They can also opt out of the service any time or decide to slip away temporarily by selecting a "hide" option on their phones.

There is no mention in the article of whether the "hide" option can be overridden by authorities to trace, for example, a kidnapping victim. Doing so would obviously raise many privacy issues, but it would also give users the comfort that someone could find them if they were reported missing. It's reasonable to suppose, after all, that anyone that signs up for the tracking service in the first place would want to be tracked under those circumstances.

The technology is making inroads in other areas of the world, albeit slowly. The article notes that only one cell-tracking company in the US (called Teen Arrive Alive) has been able to get into the US cell carriers. I wonder if the slow adoption in the US is due to apathy (i.e., "I don't care where my friends are right now") or due to privacy fears (i.e., "I don't want my friends to know where I am right now"). It will be interesting -- and telling -- to see the adoption rate in the US five years from now.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:49 PM »
I've already broken enough cell phones out of anger, must they make me break another.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 09:18:10 AM »
Doesn't your cell have caller ID?  I only answer calls when I know who's calling, on the cell.  I'll call em back on the land line, but just answering cost.  If it's not on my list I let em leave a message, which 99% don't.  Usually a wrong #.  If not just call em back.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

KTMckay

« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 02:04:33 PM »
I've already broken enough cell phones out of anger, must they make me break another.

ive got sprint and this doesnt happen to me? contac the sprint service provider and ask WTF.btw if you ever get your phone shut off and cant pay for a day or two and need your service.... call up service and say you mailed in the bill but your phones not activated yet. lol youll get service for a fewmore days!!! yip yip yeah buddy.

Slick Vic

« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 06:04:49 PM »
Just bought a new cell phone with a new number, and I'm getting calls from Florida and 800and 866 numbers

You don't feel important when that phone goes off?  :P

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 10:22:44 PM »
You don't feel important when that phone goes off?  :P
haha
Nah I don't go out much.

Got caller ID, but sometimes I pick up without looking, I  dont have preset ringers or anything I'm not chris cormier ordering the latest and greatest ringtones....but maybe I might try that ,,,

Slick Vic

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 05:53:16 AM »
Got caller ID, but sometimes I pick up without looking

Big mistake. Gotta check that caller ID - you never know if work might be calling you in.  :D