Author Topic: Help  (Read 1150 times)

EatShit

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
Help
« on: October 19, 2006, 05:31:51 PM »
Buddy of mine hit himself in the upper cheek. He's having some kind of a reaction. His feet are swelling and he feels anxious. He says both feet feel as if there's no circulation in them. And to top it off, he needs to be at a softball game or his team forfeits. Any and all advice is appreciated. Oh, and he is NOT a novice. This is probably his 20th cycle in all....

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:54:35 PM »
Guessing he might have hit the sciatic nerve or quite possibly the injection oil may have exerted some pressure on it.  Maybe if he relaxes and sits in a warm bath it might help.  If it gets worse or does not improve go to see his doc or the ER.

udeluz

• Getbig IV
  • CLICK...CLICK...BOOM !!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 07:16:59 PM »
I heard that if you hit the sciatic nerve it could just about paralyze you for 1-2 weeks.

________________________ ____________________

Don't you hate when people play internet cowboy? And they think there decision is the only one that matters........
U

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 08:00:08 PM »
If it were me, I'd go straight to the doc...why take a chance with that? As mentioned, maybe he did hit the sciatic nerve, but I'm not certain how that would cause the numbness in swelling in the feet. Once again, Freaker could more then likely shed some better light.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 08:30:18 PM »
If it were me, I'd go straight to the doc...why take a chance with that? As mentioned, maybe he did hit the sciatic nerve, but I'm not certain how that would cause the numbness in swelling in the feet. Once again, Freaker could more then likely shed some better light.

The sciatic nerve runs all the way down to your feet.  Foot numbness is common in injuries to the sciatic.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 08:33:51 PM »
Guessing he might have hit the sciatic nerve or quite possibly the injection oil may have exerted some pressure on it.  Maybe if he relaxes and sits in a warm bath it might help.  If it gets worse or does not improve go to see his doc or the ER.

Hurt2Luv is correct.

That's exactly what it is.

One of the reasons I don't hit glutes....

He'll be fine, but he's learned a valuable lesson.

Perhaps stick to glutes and delts from now on.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 08:38:12 PM »
The sciatic nerve runs all the way down to your feet.  Foot numbness is common in injuries to the sciatic.
Good to know. Thankfully I've never experienced this.