Author Topic: John Sherman " the sherman tank "  (Read 28820 times)

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
John Sherman " the sherman tank "
« on: October 19, 2006, 06:01:12 PM »
Anyone have any pics of this awesome bodybuilder of the 90's.
If i'm not mistaken he had a pretty complete physique, with awesome wheels. Can't find any pics.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: John Sherman " the sherman tank "
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 06:06:26 PM »
Anyone have any pics of this awesome bodybuilder of the 90's.
If i'm not mistaken he had a pretty complete physique, with awesome wheels. Can't find any pics.

Actually it wasn't so much his physique as the grainy hardness he had the year he turned pro. 

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 06:09:58 PM »
The two I did find. Great shape/ with great wheels and calves.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 06:15:11 PM »
OK yeah, wait.  Let me restate that.   ;D   Yeah he looks good there, so maybe I forgot a little about how awesome his shape was but I think what made me say that in the above post was that after his rookie year he never came in really hard again, and 5-10 pounds softer than that he looked about 50% as impressive as he did winning the Nationals that year.  I've got the Flex here that featured his leg training right after that I think.   

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 06:18:51 PM »
I have the '92 Nationals on videotape.  When I have time I'll upload his routine to Youtube.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 06:21:35 PM »
Unbelievable physique!
just push some weight!

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
The 12th Annual John Sherman Bodybuilding Classic-Houston,Texas
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 06:26:41 PM »
The 12th Annual John Sherman Bodybuilding Classic will be held on October 28, 2006 in Houston, Texas @ the Reliant Arena(Event hall E). The is the last National Qualifier of the year in Texas. This years featured guest posers will be 8 time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, 2 time Ms. International and 3 time Ms.Olympia, Iris Kyle, Soon to be Mr. Olympia, Branch Warren, and 2 time Ms. Olympia(Fitness) Adela Garcia.

This has been the largest contest in the state for the past few years, and competition is always very fierce. This should be another great production.

Get your Tickets and Information for the show @ Great Earth Vitamins, 713.975.7094. Hope to see you there

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 06:27:41 PM »
Actually it wasn't so much his physique as the grainy hardness he had the year he turned pro. 

Extract foot from mouth.  Lather.  Rinse. Repeat.   :-[

OK yeah, wait.  Let me restate that.   ;D   Yeah he looks good there, so maybe I forgot a little about how awesome his shape was but I think what made me say that in the above post was that after his rookie year he never came in really hard again, and 5-10 pounds softer than that he looked about 50% as impressive as he did winning the Nationals that year.  I've got the Flex here that featured his leg training right after that I think.   

Too late.  You're credibility is gone.  :'(

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 06:28:01 PM »

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »
Extract foot from mouth.  Lather.  Rinse. Repeat.   :-[

Too late.  You're credibility is gone.  :'(

You have sex with men!

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2006, 06:32:47 PM »
Now fast forward 10 years and look at him here at the 2002 Southwestern Pro.  Not nearly as fresh/crisp/responsive.  That last .5% means so much.  Some people blame it on the drugs not working as well, others attribute it to his not having dieted as hard.  I'm guessing it would be a case of both.  That's something to look at.  Most people on their best runs will be running the best everything.  Diet, "supps," everything.  When you get on one of those runs I'd think the process would just feed itself.  One thing leads to the next thing leads to the other and back around again.  Positive feedback loop, not negative.  He was probably lifting more weights, eating more food, and getting leaner by the day leading all the way up to that Nationals run.  That's how a physique looks when you do it that way.  It's why Levrone's physique was always so fresh every time out.      

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2006, 06:33:42 PM »
Thanks!!

You deserve respect for a physique of that caliber!

Feel free to post more pics!

just push some weight!

AVBG

Re: The 12th Annual John Sherman Bodybuilding Classic-Houston,Texas
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2006, 06:34:28 PM »
The 12th Annual John Sherman Bodybuilding Classic will be held on October 28, 2006 in Houston, Texas @ the Reliant Arena(Event hall E). The is the last National Qualifier of the year in Texas. This years featured guest posers will be 8 time Mr. Olympia, Ronnie Coleman, 2 time Ms. International and 3 time Ms.Olympia, Iris Kyle, Soon to be Mr. Olympia, Branch Warren, and 2 time Ms. Olympia(Fitness) Adela Garcia.

This has been the largest contest in the state for the past few years, and competition is always very fierce. This should be another great production.

Get your Tickets and Information for the show @ Great Earth Vitamins, 713.975.7094. Hope to see you there

John, welcome to getbig.

regards to your claim about Branch Warren... you've gotta be joking? not in a full month of sundays will Branch be crowned Mr O.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2006, 06:34:35 PM »
John. Can you grace us with some pictures, as they are hard to find. I'm sure you have plenty. Post as many as you like. Awesome Physique.
" Do you still train ? "

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2006, 06:36:57 PM »
Jeff Mc. I see what you are saying. Great shape though, with that tiny waist. Just what the judges are supposed to be rewarding today.

AVBG

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2006, 06:38:53 PM »
Jeff Mc. I see what you are saying. Great shape though, with that tiny waist. Just what the judges are supposed to be rewarding today.

I agree.. great phydique that wasn't appreciated in his day.

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2006, 06:39:16 PM »
Extract foot from mouth.  Lather.  Rinse. Repeat.   :-[

Too late.  You're credibility is gone.  :'(

Yeah I know...I jumped the gun on that one.   :(  

;D

Now let's see what he says about his prep...I could potentially be 0 for 2 here.   ;D  

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2006, 06:40:36 PM »
Now fast forward 10 years and look at him here at the 2002 Southwestern Pro.  Not nearly as fresh/crisp/responsive.  That last .5% means so much.  Some people blame it on the drugs not working as well, others attribute it to his not having dieted as hard.  I'm guessing it would be a case of both.  That's something to look at.  Most people on their best runs will be running the best everything.  Diet, "supps," everything.  When you get on one of those runs I'd think the process would just feed itself.  One thing leads to the next thing leads to the other and back around again.  Positive feedback loop, not negative.  He was probably lifting more weights, eating more food, and getting leaner by the day leading all the way up to that Nationals run.  That's how a physique looks when you do it that way.  It's why Levrone's physique was always so fresh every time out.      

Great theory, but, that wasn't it......Food poisoining was the culprit that day.  Had withdraw from that show.  Your theory does make sense though.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 19, 2006, 06:41:46 PM »
John. Any back pics ? If I'm not mistaken you were very complete.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 19, 2006, 06:43:36 PM »
john why did you stop competing?

the rumor i heard was that you had some personal problems and had stopped training for a while.

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2006, 06:44:03 PM »
John. Can you grace us with some pictures, as they are hard to find. I'm sure you have plenty. Post as many as you like. Awesome Physique.
" Do you still train ? "
Yes, still training just as hard as before.  Contemplating getting back out there since the look that I brought to the table is now being appreciated

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2006, 06:47:06 PM »
What does your waist/stomach measure at contest time John?  Looks tiny.

bailey

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2006, 06:48:13 PM »
John. What did your Leg training consist of ?

John J Sherman

• Pros
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2006, 06:49:13 PM »
John, welcome to getbig.

regards to your claim about Branch Warren... you've gotta be joking? not in a full month of sundays will Branch be crowned Mr O.

Man, you guys on this board are so quick to jump ship. He just got 2nd at the Arnold.  Branch had an off day at the Olympia. You have to take into account that he is still fairly young. Once he gets it together, he will be more than a force to be dealt with.  I could be wrong  

AVBG

« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2006, 06:50:46 PM »
Man, you guys on this board are so quick to jump ship. He just got 2nd at the Arnold.  Branch had an off day at the Olympia. You have to take into account that he is still fairly young. Once he gets it together, he will be more than a force to be dealt with.  I could be wrong  

nothin personal against Branch.. its all about aesthetics.