Author Topic: Gas prices will start rising again in early Nov- coincidence?  (Read 1286 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gas prices will start rising again in early Nov- coincidence?
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:47:45 AM »
DOHA (Reuters) - OPEC agreed on Friday to curb its output by 1.2 million barrels per day, its first cut for more than two years, to halt a precipitous fall in prices.

The reduction, amounting to 4.3 percent of OPEC's September production, was deeper than anticipated and the biggest since January 2002. It trims OPEC output to 26.3 million bpd from November 1.

Let's see, give it about a week for the US economy to catch on to the sudden drop in supply via transport, and we should be getting a nice spike in gas prices the day after election day, nov 7  :-\

It'll be followed by a steady rise, which they'll correct as they do in about two years.  Just in time for that 2008 election.   

Now, I don't wanna be the one to point out the Bush41/Saudi Oil connection, nor the fact that a repub congress would be very good for Saudi princes, so they might be open to Bush's request to hold supply high (to keep our prices low) JUST long enough for US voters to notice low prices.  Can someone else do it? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Gas prices will start rising again in early Nov- coincidence?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 12:56:24 AM »
Oh, and one more thing.   :P

The reason we're seeing such a record high DOW is that many many companies have been operating at record efficiency/low operating costs due to the suddenly monster low gas prices.

240 the MBA predicts the bright people (who read Drudge at 4 am) will start selling their shipping stocks tomorrow morning and eveything else mnfg around lunchtime.  They'll put this money into oil stocks, of course. 

Once the rest of the sheep out there realize, in mid-november, that the dow is dropping, their home heating bills are due (it is november), and gas is high, they'll log on to Scottrade to sell, then realize we're back at 10,500 and they're kicking themselves.  Oh shit, and the wifey will need money for Christmas presents, so I hope you weren't counting your Mid-october chickens, cause they won't hatch come november.

Sell like hell, that's my opinion.  Of course, you know what they say about opinions...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 01:37:32 AM »
DOHA (Reuters) - OPEC agreed on Friday to curb its output by 1.2 million barrels per day, its first cut for more than two years, to halt a precipitous fall in prices.

The reduction, amounting to 4.3 percent of OPEC's September production, was deeper than anticipated and the biggest since January 2002. It trims OPEC output to 26.3 million bpd from November 1.

Let's see, give it about a week for the US economy to catch on to the sudden drop in supply via transport, and we should be getting a nice spike in gas prices the day after election day, nov 7  :-\

It'll be followed by a steady rise, which they'll correct as they do in about two years.  Just in time for that 2008 election.   

Now, I don't wanna be the one to point out the Bush41/Saudi Oil connection, nor the fact that a repub congress would be very good for Saudi princes, so they might be open to Bush's request to hold supply high (to keep our prices low) JUST long enough for US voters to notice low prices.  Can someone else do it? 

Gotta love these coincidences......... ::)
HAHA, RON.....

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 02:57:22 AM »
Almost as sick as the Enron/Cali bit.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 06:12:51 AM »
I've been saying this for ages. This dip in prices is artificially created and will reverse itself real soon.
Some smart people are listening, ...others are gonna be in for a shock!

My neighbour went from 450kms to over 600kms per tankful in his SUV. That's a 33% increase in mileage

To put it bluntly, That's like getting every 4th fill up for FREE, ...EVERYTIME!

How much does a 1/3 tank of gas cost you? Wouldn't you rather use that money elsewhere?

You can put it in the tank, ...or put it in the bank. You decide.

The solution is right before your eyes.
|
|
|
V
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 06:14:44 AM »
...and wait til the feds top up their SPR. You'll be up to $5 gallon in no time.
w

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 06:40:27 AM »
Heres a theory on fuel prices going up and down...

when ours (Australia) went to $1.10 per litre ($4.40/gal) people were freaking out...fuel is so expensive yadda yadda. Then a lil while ago it went up to 1.30 -1.40 a litre again people went nutz. At the moment its back to $1.10-$1.15 and everyone is content, yet 3 months ago that was ridiculous. Is it possible the government is simply playing games to raise revenue based on the political climate?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 07:01:40 AM »
That's the part that crack me up the most. People have such short memories.

I remember when we broke the $1.oo per Litre barrier.  When prices went down to 99cents/Ltr, people were so releaved, ...but they were up in arms over 80 cents a litre.  ::)

I also remember when Joe Clarke was prime minister of Canada, and he hiked gas prices by 2 cents a litre.

{LOL} He got thrown out of office on his butt for a 2 cent a litre gas hike, of course this was back when gas prices were 26 cents a litre. Those were the good ol days when our most pressing concern was how poor Krystle would resist Alexis' evil manipulations, and what was Princess Di thinking with those polka dots. Seems like a lifetime ago.  {sigh}
w

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 07:06:32 AM »
i wanna here the neocons here tell me how wrong I am.  It's like, everytime i mention 911, they shit in my stockings.  But when I use readily available (albeit downplayed) news as a predictor for an obvious shady move a month from now, they're quiet.

Tell me I'm crazy guys, that gas prices will not move up on Nov 8, and that stocks will be strong thru march :)

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 07:18:07 AM »
Tell me I'm crazy guys, that gas prices will not move up on Nov 8, and that stocks will be strong thru march :)

Said.
Giving 110%

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 07:21:25 AM »
Lowest gas i have seen is in NJ, $1.91 a gallon
L