Author Topic: First step of Tyson't journey tonight  (Read 1936 times)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
First step of Tyson't journey tonight
« on: October 20, 2006, 10:51:25 AM »
It's on and Tyson's fight is the first one on the PPV, starting @ 10:30.It's only 30 bucks. Mike Tyson Press Conference Quotes

19.10.06 - Mike Tyson: “I’m happy to be here, starting my world tour in Youngstown. It’s been a little nerve-racking, but I’m ready to get it started. I’m a little nervous. The people here have been great. I lived approximately 18 miles from here. I’m sure this will be entertaining. I expect to have some fun. Bigger things (on the world tour) are down the road, places like Australia, China and possibly Dubai. I’m doing these exhibitions for charity. I’m retired; no way I’m fighting again. I began training to get in shape and it just snowballed. I wanted to do something for charity and here we are.”

“Mike Tyson’s World Tour” officially starts Friday night (Oct. 20) on pay-per-view from the Chevrolet Centre in Youngstown, Ohio. Living legend “Iron” Mike Tyson (50-6, 44 KOs), former undisputed heavyweight champion of the world, boxes veteran Corey “T-Rex” Sanders (23-11, 15 KOs), who holds a knocked out victory against reigning World Boxing Council heavyweight title-holder Oleg Maskaev, in a four-round exhibition headlining the pay-per-view event..

The first leg of “Mike Tyson’s World Tour” in Youngstown, presented by Sterling Promotions, will be broadcast live in North America on cable and satellite pay-per-view beginning at 10:30 PM/ET, 7:30 PM/PT. The event is being produced and distributed for Pay Per View by Queensbury Media and Integrated Sports and will be available in more than 50-million homes in North America via iN Demand, TVN, DirecTV & Dish Network in the USA, Viewer’s Choice & Bell ExpressVu in Canada. The suggested retail price for the PPV telecast is only $29.95.

Former world light heavyweight champion Lou Del Valle faces local favorite Zack Page (11-8-1, 4 KOs), of Warren (OH), in the 10-round co-feature. Del Valle captured the vacant WBA light heavyweight title by stopping Eddy Smulders in the eighth round of their 1997 fight in Germany, while Page is coming off of an eight-round draw (Sept. 29) against former NABO champion Jermell Barnes. Del Valle also has also been in with world champions such as Roy Jones, Jr. and Virgil Hill.

Former West African welterweight title-holder “Sugar” Ray Narh (18-1, 15 KOs), now fighting out of Pittsburgh, is in a 8 round welterweight match against Justo Sanchez.

Cincinnati super middleweight Stephan “The Millenium Hawk” Pryor (10-2, 7 KOs), son of the great Aaron Pryor, faces unbeaten Tyron “T.T.” Watson (3-0, 1 KO), of Pittsburgh, in a six-round bout.

Also on the undercard is Cleveland middleweight prospect Juan McPherson (3-0, 2 KOs), 2003 Pan-Am Games silver medalist, against Will Prieto (2-1), of Lorain (OH); middleweight Chris Archer (5-1), of Pittsburgh vs. Vance Garvey; Akron heavyweight Roy Anthony Bechtord making his pro debut against Octavius Smith (1-1); welterweight Frank Gill (1-3), of Pittsburgh, takes on Warren’s Ken-Yon Kellum in his pro debut.

Tickets, affordably priced at $25.00, $50.00, $100.00, and $200.00, are on sale and available at the Chevrolet Centre Box Office or on line at www.gettix.net or at Gettix outlets. For more information call 330.746.5600 or go to www.chevroletcentre.com.

Doors opens at 7 PM/ET with the first bout scheduled for 8 PM/ET. All fighters and matches are subject to change.

6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: First step of Tyson't journey tonight
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 10:52:03 AM »
 ::)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 10:54:06 AM »
He will still put asses in seats till He needs a walker.  Sad, but true.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 10:55:04 AM »
Should've been in wrestling a decade ago.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 09:34:11 AM »
Tyson looked good for 4 rounds.  He even knocked the dude down in the first and held him up in the 3rd.  Even at 75% of the fighter He once was.  He looked like He still could make noise in the poor heavyweight devision today.  The opponent, Cory T-Rex Saunders, never opened up while Tyson was trying to land combo's and hard body shots.  Undercard sucked, but for only 30 bucks it was worth seeing Iron Mike in the ring, even though it was an exhibition.  Hard to believe it was 20 years ago when He won His first tittle beating Trevor Burbick.  Seemed like only a few years ago.  Man does time fly.  Use it wisely.
This writer didn't see the fight as I did.

Tyson Gives Disappointing Performance In 4-Round Exhibition Bout

20.10.06 - By Scott Frake: Earlier tonight, at Chevrolet Centre in Youngstown, Ohio, former heavyweight champion Mike Tyson, 40, fought to a boring lackluster 4-round decision over Corey "T-Rex" Sanders, his one-time sparring partner in the first bout of Tyson’s "world tour." Moments after it started, Tyson knocked Sanders down with a big right hand. For all practical purposes, Tyson could have ended the fight as soon as Sanders made it up. However, Tyson backed off after that, probably wanting to give the audience their money's worth. It was visibly noticeable that Tyson was pulling his punches and not putting his full power into each one. What was even worse, Sanders, who looked badly out of shape, offered almost zero resistance, throwing very few punches during the bout.

To me, it almost seemed that Sanders was trying to play his part as a 'good sparring partner,' one that wasn't about to attempt hurt the star fighter, in this case, Tyson. Sanders wore headgear, while Tyson wore none. Just on that alone, it seemed to indicate that Sanders wasn't planning on trying to land anything on Tyson. Certainly, Sanders, if he had wanted to, he had plenty of opportunities to land shots on Tyson, who was already gassed after the first round.

In the 2nd and 3rd rounds, both Tyson and Sanders looked as if they were fighting in slow motion with neither fighter doing much damage. Tyson did land a couple good shots, with one seeming to slightly hurt Sanders. However, Tyson seemed to have no interest in trying to stop his former sparring partner, and instead, was content to land an occasional pot shot. In the final round, Tyson seemed to fight a little harder, landing some good punches. However, by then, he was far too tired to land anything big enough to stop the 290 lb Sanders. However, many of the fans in the crowd seemed furious that they hadn’t seen more action in the bout.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2006, 10:27:16 AM »
What a shame.  He's nothing more than a cartoon character now.  I don't know that we'll ever see another fighter like him.  He won fights before the fight ever started.  Fighters were literally afraid of him.  And rightfully so.  I always thought he was capable of killing someone in the ring because he hit so hard.  "Every punch with bad intentions."  One of the greatest lines in sports IMO.  Too bad. 

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 10:31:30 AM »
Poor Tyson - he's become nothing more than a circus act now - he'll be fighting to pay his bills until the day he dies.