Author Topic: clen liquid vs. clen tabs  (Read 6555 times)

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
clen liquid vs. clen tabs
« on: October 20, 2006, 12:02:58 PM »
To begin.  I am 6'5" 289 lbs.  Been lifting for 14 years.  I have never competed but I am looking to do a local show in the spring.  I believe I can be leaned out at about 265.  Right now I'm at 14% BF.  I used ECA way back in the day when Bill Philips first mentioned it.  Today I take ECA ( 25mg Ephedrine, 200 caffeine and 100 aspirin )  and it doesn't do a thing for me.  Maybe after 10 years of it my body has grown tolerant.  It was the shit when I was younger, but now it is useless.

I have spent lots of time reading the clen posts and came up with some pros and cons of liquid vs. tabs.  The major pro being that tabs are pre-measured.  I have no clue how I can measure acurately with the dropper.  Some people mentioned using a syringe but my hands are too big to be dicking with a syringe filled with clen trying to get .25 ml.
The cons of tabs is that they are hard to find.  Every tom dick and harry sells clen liquid.  From what I read it works faster, but really who  cares.  With a 34 hour half life, I don't care if it takes 5 minutes or 1 hour to kick in.

One more thing.  Most people say that you should take your doses first thing in the morning.  If you take it 24 hours later, isn't the clen still working and now you are doubling up what is already in your system?

Any advice from you guys on pros and cons of these 2 would help.  There are some very knowledgable guys on this site and I appreciate your help.

mon_of_steele.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: clen liquid vs. clen tabs
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 03:05:05 PM »
To begin.  I am 6'5" 289 lbs.  Been lifting for 14 years.  I have never competed but I am looking to do a local show in the spring.  I believe I can be leaned out at about 265.  Right now I'm at 14% BF.  I used ECA way back in the day when Bill Philips first mentioned it.  Today I take ECA ( 25mg Ephedrine, 200 caffeine and 100 aspirin )  and it doesn't do a thing for me.  Maybe after 10 years of it my body has grown tolerant.  It was the shit when I was younger, but now it is useless.

I have spent lots of time reading the clen posts and came up with some pros and cons of liquid vs. tabs.  The major pro being that tabs are pre-measured.  I have no clue how I can measure acurately with the dropper.  Some people mentioned using a syringe but my hands are too big to be dicking with a syringe filled with clen trying to get .25 ml.
The cons of tabs is that they are hard to find.  Every tom dick and harry sells clen liquid.  From what I read it works faster, but really who  cares.  With a 34 hour half life, I don't care if it takes 5 minutes or 1 hour to kick in.

One more thing.  Most people say that you should take your doses first thing in the morning.  If you take it 24 hours later, isn't the clen still working and now you are doubling up what is already in your system?

Any advice from you guys on pros and cons of these 2 would help.  There are some very knowledgable guys on this site and I appreciate your help.

mon_of_steele.

I use the tabs, as they are 40MCG.

When I use Clen, it's generally 120MCG ed spaced out evenly, 6-8 hours apart....

It's not so much the half-life you should be worried about but the total amount per day.

If it keeps you awake at night you'll have to cut the time between each dose so your last dose is early enough that you can still sleep.

I personally don't have a problem with it, as I sleep through everything.

Make sure you take in electrolytes and water or you will cramp up.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 04:08:47 PM »
what brand of tabs do you use if you don't mind me asking.  I searched online for some of the more popular brands but couldn't find them.

Also why is it that clen makes people cramp up.  Isn't cramping a sign of dehydration.  Do you tend to piss more while on it

I use the tabs, as they are 40MCG.

When I use Clen, it's generally 120MCG ed spaced out evenly, 6-8 hours apart....

It's not so much the half-life you should be worried about but the total amount per day.

If it keeps you awake at night you'll have to cut the time between each dose so your last dose is early enough that you can still sleep.

I personally don't have a problem with it, as I sleep through everything.

Make sure you take in electrolytes and water or you will cramp up.

DIV

ZEEK

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • WTF this stuff really works
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 04:20:36 PM »
it doesnt happen to everyone.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 04:21:51 PM »
I also use 40mcg tabs. I never take more then four in a day. I've also used liquid clen & had good results.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 04:45:03 PM »
what brand of tabs do you use if you don't mind me asking.  I searched online for some of the more popular brands but couldn't find them.

Also why is it that clen makes people cramp up.  Isn't cramping a sign of dehydration.  Do you tend to piss more while on it

API.....they were an overseas supplier who has gone underground due to the Customs crackdown on imports.

Clen increases the body's use of potassium and sodium and if you are working out it doubles this draining effect, thus you need to double or triple your electrolytes.

It won't affect your urination, but you should be drinking alot of water, sodium, potassium anyway...

You don't want to find out what the cramping is like, esp after a workout.

DIV

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 12:39:39 AM »
My friend has used the liquid clen and loved it.  I have used liquid products in the past, too me they work just as well.  Go to your local pharmacy or cvs or walgreens and just get a 3 ml dropper, it has little dashes and numbers on the side so it's easy to measure out the amount.  I think another likely hood of the cramping might be due to excess sweating when your on clen, like div said very important to replenish electrolytes.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2006, 03:02:04 PM »
Do I just fill it up to the measure I want and dispense it into my mouth?  Do I need to do it under my tongue or drink it down with water?  I guess I can always ask the manufacturers these questions.

My friend has used the liquid clen and loved it.  I have used liquid products in the past, too me they work just as well.  Go to your local pharmacy or cvs or walgreens and just get a 3 ml dropper, it has little dashes and numbers on the side so it's easy to measure out the amount.  I think another likely hood of the cramping might be due to excess sweating when your on clen, like div said very important to replenish electrolytes.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2006, 04:29:16 PM »
the only brands of oral clen i have used were oxyflux (thats from mexico if i'm not mistaken)...didnt really like it.

and the ug ip super clen...damn...by far the strongest clen i have ever used, i would break them in 1/4...one of my partners at the gym took a whole tab and said he felt like his heart was gonna jump through his chest.

bigguns175

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
I just squirt it into my mouth and then chase with some juice.  I think you can even mix it in some juice but I'm not actually sure how stable it is and how fast the chemicals break down so ususally just squirt it in mouth to be sure.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2006, 05:36:39 PM »
and the ug ip super clen...damn...by far the strongest clen i have ever used, i would break them in 1/4...one of my partners at the gym took a whole tab and said he felt like his heart was gonna jump through his chest.

No kidding. One tab is 200mcg.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 06:00:56 PM »
No kidding. One tab is 200mcg.

yes and from what i can tell theyre not under dosed either.

ive been happy with every ip product i tried.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 06:09:24 PM »
yes and from what i can tell theyre not under dosed either.

ive been happy with every ip product i tried.

I've always been tempted to get some of his products.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 06:16:38 PM »
I am a big fan of clen. I have not used the tabs but several dif liquids. I'm currently using AG Guys and it is by far one of the best. I run 160mcg 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off. Works very well.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 06:20:46 PM »
I am a big fan of clen. I have not used the tabs but several dif liquids. I'm currently using AG Guys and it is by far one of the best. I run 160mcg 2 weeks on then 2 weeks off. Works very well.

Do you cycle the dose up or just start with 160mcg's? Just curious because I have to gradually up the doseage or I get way too jittery.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 06:30:12 PM »

How do you measure 160 mcg with it being liquid?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 06:36:36 PM »
How do you measure 160 mcg with it being liquid?

I would depend on the how the clen is dosed. For example if the clen is 200mcg a ml, then if you wanted to take 160mcg you'd take 0.8ml.

Puller

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 06:55:30 PM »
I started cycling up from 40mcg a day and adding 20 per day for the first couple times. now when i go 2wks on it looks like this:

Day 1: 80mcg
Day 2: 120mcg
Day 3-14: 160mcg

My body has really gotten used to it. after the fourth day i barely get sides after the first hour or two.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 07:18:53 PM »
I started cycling up from 40mcg a day and adding 20 per day for the first couple times. now when i go 2wks on it looks like this:

Day 1: 80mcg
Day 2: 120mcg
Day 3-14: 160mcg

My body has really gotten used to it. after the fourth day i barely get sides after the first hour or two.

I see. I usually do something like the following:

40, 40, 80, 80, 80, 120, 120, 120, 120, 120, 160 (maybe), 160 (maybe), 120, 80

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2006, 11:55:39 AM »
Does clen make you agitated or aggressive. I found with eca, that I would sit there and just stare at people with an angry look and just wanted to get up and hit them, but when I am not on eca I am fine.  I know this probably doesn't happen to everyone.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2006, 11:58:15 AM »
It will make me a little aggitated but angry no.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2006, 12:30:02 PM »
Does clen make you agitated or aggressive. I found with eca, that I would sit there and just stare at people with an angry look and just wanted to get up and hit them, but when I am not on eca I am fine.  I know this probably doesn't happen to everyone.

ECA doesn't affect my mood.

If anything it helps me concentrate on my lifts.

DIV

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 09:34:12 AM »
comparing ECA to clen, is it just about half life or does clen work as a better fat burner overall?

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 12:33:55 PM »
comparing ECA to clen, is it just about half life or does clen work as a better fat burner overall?

They have slightly different mechanisms of action.

Clen is a beta-agonist and burns the brown fat cells that regulate heat in the body.

Ephedrine is a brochodilator that when combined with Asparin and Caffeine provides a strong thermogenic effect, due to the thinning of the blood.  It speeds up fatburning and increases metabolism.

Overall, Clen is better at fat burning, the only drawback is that it must be cycled or it loses it's potency as the body adapts.

ECA is more of a training stimulant, IMO...

You can alternate them on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule.

DIV

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 12:42:10 PM »
They have slightly different mechanisms of action.

Clen is a beta-agonist and burns the brown fat cells that regulate heat in the body.

Ephedrine is a brochodilator that when combined with Asparin and Caffeine provides a strong thermogenic effect, due to the thinning of the blood.  It speeds up fatburning and increases metabolism.

Overall, Clen is better at fat burning, the only drawback is that it must be cycled or it loses it's potency as the body adapts.

ECA is more of a training stimulant, IMO...

You can alternate them on a 2 weeks on/2 weeks off schedule.

DIV

Ephedrine is also a beta-2 adrenergic agonist.