Author Topic: flying  (Read 2629 times)

az

• Getbig III
flying
« on: October 20, 2006, 02:05:16 PM »
Does anyone know what you can't pack? and can you carry protein powder, etc...

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: flying
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 02:20:15 PM »
I had a buddy of mine pack his white vanilla protein in a ziplock bag. You can only guess what security thought it was. They held him in the airport for 6 hours. You can't pack razors, sissors, pocket knives or anything that can be considered a weapon. Good luck.

PB

mish

• Getbig III
  • We'll start the ass-kissing with you.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 03:47:37 PM »
Check out the Transportion Security Administration website:

http://www.tsa.gov/index.shtm
BKS approved

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 12:54:15 PM »
depends on whether you are coming or going.  you can buy most things cheap when you get there.

avoid Heathrow and Gatwick, still, unless you carryall in a litttle see through bag and have at least 4-5 hours

xL

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 08:22:04 PM »
havent't flown in 2 years, I know about the liquid/gel situation but I wasn't sure about protein. (it's chocolate). Going to miami, I was trying to avoid buying protein there but I'm not trying to be held up in the airport either.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 11:20:39 AM »
sorry about that, i was having a rant about aviation.  forgive my nasty us joke, okay?

they've just reduced the restrictions here today.  As of next week, you make take bottles (only small ones, mind) of moisturiser and water and baby feed.  Provided you arrive at the airport with a see-through plastic bag for carry-on.

I would imagine that you can put whatever you want in your suitcase and check it in. (If you have 4-5 hours to wait at the x-ray machine).

As for your internal us flights, well...  I'm sure you're okay.  I kinda wish I could go to Miami again, especially at this time of year.

Another nasty us joke:  I can't resist !!!
I heard a statistic here recently (and I love these made-up stats), that more than 90% of us citizens don't have a passport and have never travelled out of the us.

wow

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:52:05 AM »
they stopped my tuna in a pouch and the instone protein pudding because they couldnt see through the packaging. Never had an issue with protein powder in the US

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 06:51:40 AM »
now they are saying that you can only bring 3 items in a 1 quart bag and that these items are to be unused...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 07:31:43 AM »
Buy the single serving packets of protein powder if you can.  Not only are they already sealed but they fit better into your carry-on than a tub.  ;)
:D Weee

Dina

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2006, 03:14:48 PM »
now they are saying that you can only bring 3 items in a 1 quart bag and that these items are to be unused...

since when? I just flew on Thursday....

Jodi

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • INBA Professional Competitor
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2006, 03:34:02 PM »
I flew from Dallas to Miami and back again just two weeks ago.  You can bring liquids and gels that are in containers not larger than 3 ounces as long as all of the containers fit into a quart-sized baggie.  Lip gloss, mascara, creme-based concealor, hair gel, hair creme, and the like all fit into this category.  If they are larger than 3 ounces, they must be checked, or they will be confiscated.

You may bring solid food (i.e., chicken, veggies, etc.) but pudding, jell-o, and any liquids are not allowed to brought through security.  Once you go through security, you can purchase water and other "liquid" items and take these onto the plane.

Dallas went through my stuff with a fine-tooth comb, though they did miss one of the pockets in my purse where I had stashed a thing of nail polish earlier in the day and forgotten about it.  Miami Airport, though, was useless.  They didn't check a thing and had some pretty incompetent security working there.  They didn't even realize one of their X-ray machines had been shut off, and they were still lining people up in that line.

If you still need clarification, try calling the airlines and they can answer any of your questions.
Jodi