Author Topic: For you Adonis, 5'9" 190lbs, Natural - Ronny Schweyher '89 Nationals  (Read 5464 times)

Rammer

• Getbig II
Adonis, my friend asked me to upload this video to YouTube so you could see Ronny Schweyher at 5'9" 190lbs competing natural.  Watch the interview after he finishes posing:

What do you think?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
Re: For you Adonis, 5'9" 190lbs, Natural - Ronny Schweyher '89 Nationals
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 04:32:47 PM »
Little hint, I'm pretty sure Ronnie wasn't clean (my opinion only).  I have a pic of him competing in the Nationals in 88 or 89.  The lineup is awesome with him, Vince Taylor, Daryl Stafford, and Glenn Knerr.  That had to be one of the best lineups ever.
w

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Little hint, I'm pretty sure Ronnie wasn't clean (my opinion only).  I have a pic of him competing in the Nationals in 88 or 89.  The lineup is awesome with him, Vince Taylor, Daryl Stafford, and Glenn Knerr.  That had to be one of the best lineups ever.

that was the 88 nationals.  I don't believe he was natural at that time.  he was in great shape and had an icredible posing routine.  He's down alot in size at this show so maybe he was off the sauce for a little while.  I think it's believable that he was not on anything at that show but to be honest he was pretty big before he even came off.....I guess the question would be how long was he clean before this show.

I always thought he would go pro after the 88 usa and 89 nationals, he looked fabulous at the 88 USA and if it was not for the INHUMAN conditioning of Renel Janvier he would have won that show.  He had everything and was excactly what a pro should look like in 88.

If anybody wants to see the definition of ripped do yourself a favor and look up pics of janvier at hte 88 usa, at that point I'd never seen anyone so ripped...well, mabye gaspari but Renel was just totally shredded.  Zucolloto looked awsome at that show..he almost cried when he did his aftershow interview...I still think he shoulda won.
nasser=piece of shit

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 05:33:21 PM »
I always thought he would go pro after the 88 usa and 89 nationals, he looked fabulous at the 88 USA and if it was not for the INHUMAN conditioning of Renel Janvier he would have won that show.  He had everything and was excactly what a pro should look like in 88.

If anybody wants to see the definition of ripped do yourself a favor and look up pics of janvier at hte 88 usa, at that point I'd never seen anyone so ripped...well, mabye gaspari but Renel was just totally shredded.  Zucolloto looked awsome at that show..he almost cried when he did his aftershow interview...I still think he shoulda won.

Renel's conditioning was insane that year.  I think I remember seeing a pic in a magazine of him from the back and he had the most shredded hams and glutes.  My friend has that show on tape, if I can convince him to let me borrow it I could put it on YouTube.  I looked for pics of Renel and only found this:

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 05:44:19 PM »
Adonis, my friend asked me to upload this video to YouTube so you could see Ronny Schweyher at 5'9" 190lbs competing natural.  Watch the interview after he finishes posing:

What do you think?

do you honestly believe that guy was clean? maybe "clean" by pro standards which prolly means 500-750mg. test per week and only 1 Anadrol every two days.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 05:45:54 PM »
VERY IMPRESSIVE!

But what does "going clean for this show" mean?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 05:53:38 PM »
There was another video of him from the same year.  He looks way different.  Very interesting to see the difference.

I think that is the upper limits of a natural if he indeed is.

His muscles though have a rounded look which is rare and uncommon in lifetime naturals.

Great physique nonetheless.  Even better if he is natural.

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 05:54:37 PM »
VERY IMPRESSIVE!

But what does "going clean for this show" mean?

He was trying to make the Universe Team.  This was prior to the Team Universe where weight class winners automatically go.  I don't know what the requirements to make the team were back then but I assume it was the highest placing guy per weight class in the nationals that could pass a drug test.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 05:54:56 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Here is the video.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 05:55:32 PM »

What do you think?

What do you think of the guy?

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 05:59:13 PM »
There was another video of him from the same year.  He looks way different.  Very interesting to see the difference.

I think that is the upper limits of a natural if he indeed is.

His muscles though have a rounded look which is rare and uncommon in lifetime naturals.

Great physique nonetheless.  Even better if he is natural.
that guy ain't natural in that clip, he looks incredible but he's as natural as GH fed beef.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 06:17:49 PM »
What do you think of the guy?

I think he looks great and he does look clean in that video.  His conditioning in that show is very attainable for a natural athlete, I've done it myself.  He probably has a little more mass than someone who's a lifetime natural because he had to retain at least some of that muscle when he came off the steroids.  I know he got clean so he could make the universe team and that is why he looked better(harder/bigger) in his shows in '88.  But how he looks there in '89 is fabulous, very good symmetry, decent size, nice conditioning and I give him credit for being very competitive in a tough class.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 06:39:24 PM »
[ Invalid YouTube link ]

Here is the video.

I can't see the video cause I'm not a member at youtube yet but I'll assume it's from either the 88 usa or nationals, if you tell me what song he's posing to I can tell ya which show, I've still got both of those on tape from back then.  The video from 89 shows the guy is down alot in size, I still think he was "clean" for awhile before that show but not leading up to it.

There was a guy named James demelo that was 6th in the HW class at the 86 nationals-I think-and he went natural and he was about the same size as Ronny is in that video...someone might want to look him up just for comparitive purposes.
nasser=piece of shit

TheGoldenPrince

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2006, 06:41:15 PM »
Goodbum, best natural ever! ;D
Team Goodrum!

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2006, 06:42:52 PM »
Natural Al, the other clip is of the same routine from a different angle by Video Action and the clip I uploaded is from ESPN.  I want to know how he got away with posing for 3 minutes in a national show.  Every national show I've done they had a timer backstage and they'd yank your cassette at 1:30 on the dot.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2006, 06:44:00 PM »
I think he looks great and he does look clean in that video.  His conditioning in that show is very attainable for a natural athlete, I've done it myself.  He probably has a little more mass than someone who's a lifetime natural because he had to retain at least some of that muscle when he came off the steroids.  I know he got clean so he could make the universe team and that is why he looked better(harder/bigger) in his shows in '88.  But how he looks there in '89 is fabulous, very good symmetry, decent size, nice conditioning and I give him credit for being very competitive in a tough class.

did he do the universe that year?  I don't remember, I do remember Janvier doing it and winning the LHW one year....had to be 89 or 90.
nasser=piece of shit

DEFCON

• Getbig IV
  • LSD, 100 µg, i.m.
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2006, 06:46:45 PM »
haha what a joke. just another juicehead lying to himself and everyone else

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 20, 2006, 06:48:38 PM »
Natural Al, the other clip is of the same routine from a different angle by Video Action and the clip I uploaded is from ESPN.  I want to know how he got away with posing for 3 minutes in a national show.  Every national show I've done they had a timer backstage and they'd yank your cassette at 1:30 on the dot.

prolly something to do with ESPN.  They loved that guy in 88, his routine was very good.  Very "bob paris" like.  hit alot of the same poses, very fluid movement.  They showed his whole routine at the USA and were raving about it.  Then Franco Santoriello came out and did a terrible routine to "Iron Man"...no tan, hit a most muscular and...welll, Ronny made him look terrible at that show.  Janvier's routine was awsome at that show.  If anyone has the 88 USA and can upload it they should.

Santoriello did a much better job at the nationals, they show most of his routine still all of Ronny's but he did it to different music, same routine.  They barelly showed LHW winner and OA winner Vince Taylor.  I think ESPN probably thought he-Ronny-could appeal to "regular" people so they tended to feature him more.
nasser=piece of shit

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2006, 06:53:10 PM »
did he do the universe that year?  I don't remember, I do remember Janvier doing it and winning the LHW one year....had to be 89 or 90.

Ronny got 4th Place, Frank Hillebrand won.  Janvier won in 1988.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2006, 06:56:34 PM »
Ronny got 4th Place, Frank Hillebrand won.  Janvier won in 1988.

the universe really has fallen off the face of the earth hasn't it.  Honestly if I can't remember the winners from that time period than that's pretty sad.  I know that era really well but my knowledge of the universe pretty much ends right about the time they went "natural".. :-\ :-\

they don't even talk about it in the mags anymore, it used to be a big deal, if you won the universe you qualified for the O and everything.  Now you're a nobody if you win it.
nasser=piece of shit

Rammer

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2006, 07:03:16 PM »
the universe really has fallen off the face of the earth hasn't it.  Honestly if I can't remember the winners from that time period than that's pretty sad.  I know that era really well but my knowledge of the universe pretty much ends right about the time they went "natural".. :-\ :-\

they don't even talk about it in the mags anymore, it used to be a big deal, if you won the universe you qualified for the O and everything.  Now you're a nobody if you win it.

My friend who expedited the Nationals in '89 just told me that Flex was going for the Universe Team as well that year but Schweyher placed ahead of him.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2006, 07:06:39 PM »
My friend who expedited the Nationals in '89 just told me that Flex was going for the Universe Team as well that year but Schweyher placed ahead of him.

I remember Flex as a LHW then all of a sudden he's a HW..hmmmm.  I thought he looked great as a LHW, great abs.  I think Cormier did the same thing in 90 or 91 but Ronnie beat him out.  I honestly can't remember any big US names doing the universe since the very early 90's.
nasser=piece of shit

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2006, 07:08:25 PM »
ALL DRUGS.
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO