Author Topic: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...  (Read 23999 times)

disco_stu

• Getbig V
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...
« Reply #25 on: October 21, 2006, 05:47:33 AM »
afaik that was the year levrone made the comeback from the pec tear and IMO was better than Doz and shoulda taken it.

and fwiw shawn doesnt deserve an 'O.

thats not to say that guys who have got one deserve them all...

and also im not saying that other guys didnt deserve them.

just my opinion that shawn wasnt ever the best guy at any one point in time, on the day, or throughout the years.

i am a ray fan, but again, IMO he was at best, number 2, for rief periods of his career.

still not a bad achievement at all, and arguably not recognised by his placings he received..but there are others in that same situation that were perhaps one spot higher still that you'd consider even harder done by.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: October 21, 2006, 06:14:01 AM »
to be honest he looks very flat in that video and his quads and hams are small for a man of that weight, along with his arms. he just doesnt have that round muscle look and is flat. back is great though but not extremely thick, wide and detailed from top to bottom. would like to see the other competitors cause that is not a dominant physique. i cant get over how bad his quads were, they had little sweep and no seperations.

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2006, 06:17:36 AM »
Shawn obviously is one of the best BB's ever, BUT there is no way he or anyone else then would stand a shot against the 93 Dorian in the video I will post.  I do not even think Shawn would disagree.
dont get me wrong, shawn had second place at the 93. why flex got it (2nd)is beyond me.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2006, 06:23:52 AM »
Hulkster claimed this contest was the most controversial Mr Olympia since 1980  yet has nothing to back it up  with besides him find the worse picture of Yates and the best of Ray

For the ill-informed 1994 wasn't EVEN close , not on paper and not in reality , Shawn looked fantastic perhaps a career best but the last Mr Olympia who weighed close to 200lbs was Samir Bannout 11 years earlier and the trend was the winners were getting heavier , Haney 1984 was 230lbs by his lat Olympia win in 1991 he was 250lbs , Yates first win he was 242lbs and by his end he was 270lbs !

Dorian was off especially from 1993 but he wasn't Ronnie Coleman-2006-Olympia-off , he tore his bicep and quad a few weeks out and having a poor tan didn't help , Yates said he was fighting a stomach-bug at prejudging which caused his stomach to bloat but he rectified the situation at the night show and came in much tighter , he was 262lbs and shredded , here are some quotes from the contest

quote Flex Jan 1995 " Let it be recorded that in the immediate aftermath of the contest , none of his closest rivals even hinted that Yates did not deserve to win . "

quote Shawn Ray Flex Jan 1995 " Tonight I feel I got what I deserved "

quote Flex Jan 1995 " As Yates , Levrone and Ray stood onstage , the reiging champ ( cognizant of 1992 ) told Levrone " Looks like it's you and me again " Mr Olympia got it wrong , and the booing deciblel dwarfed that accorded the Dillet announcement as Kevin Levrone was called out in third "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " Since he ( Ray ) was trailing Levrone by four points going into round 3 ( posing round ) Shawn was going to have to equal his showing of seven years ago ( Nationals win ) to have a chance of passing Levrone "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " The battle was between Shawn and Kevin for second "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 former IFBB judge Roger Schwab " Yates is simply in another league. When he turns his back and flexes , he's the only man onstage. "

quote " Shawn Ray in a rout. He was better than ever. Any criticism is a stretch for a reporter to fill space. That such magnificence is litterally crushed by Yates is a sobering thought ."

Quote Flex Dec 1995

" In 1994 , he ( Dorian ) was admittedly not at his best , but he was still the best bodybuilder onstage that day. No one not even runner-up Shawn Ray,disagreed with that stance on the night of Yates' threepeat. "

So there you have it , another day at the office for Yates and Shawn was lucky to place ahead of Levrone .

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »
Hulkster claimed this contest was the most controversial Mr Olympia since 1980  yet has nothing to back it up  with besides him find the worse picture of Yates and the best of Ray

For the ill-informed 1994 wasn't EVEN close , not on paper and not in reality , Shawn looked fantastic perhaps a career best but the last Mr Olympia who weighed close to 200lbs was Samir Bannout 11 years earlier and the trend was the winners were getting heavier , Haney 1984 was 230lbs by his lat Olympia win in 1991 he was 250lbs , Yates first win he was 242lbs and by his end he was 270lbs !

Dorian was off especially from 1993 but he wasn't Ronnie Coleman-2006-Olympia-off , he tore his bicep and quad a few weeks out and having a poor tan didn't help , Yates said he was fighting a stomach-bug at prejudging which caused his stomach to bloat but he rectified the situation at the night show and came in much tighter , he was 262lbs and shredded , here are some quotes from the contest

quote Flex Jan 1995 " Let it be recorded that in the immediate aftermath of the contest , none of his closest rivals even hinted that Yates did not deserve to win . "

quote Flex Jan 1995 " As Yates , Levrone and Ray stood onstage , the reiging champ ( cognizant of 1992 ) told Levrone " Looks like it's you and me again " Mr Olympia got it wrong , and the booing deciblel dwarfed that accorded the Dillet announcement as Kevin Levrone was called out in third "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 " Since he ( Ray ) was trailing Levrone by four points going into round 3 ( posing round ) Shawn was going to have to equal his showing of seven years ago ( Nationals win ) to have a chance of passing Levrone "

quote Ironman Jan 1995 former IFBB judge Roger Schwab " Yates is simply in another league. When he turns his back and flexes , he's the only man onstage. "

quote " Shawn Ray in a rout. He was better than ever. Any criticism is a stretch for a reporter to fill space. That such magnificence is litterally crushed by Yates is a sobering thought ."

Quote Flex Dec 1995

" In 1994 , he ( Dorian ) was admittedly not at his best , but he was still the best bodybuilder onstage that day. No one not even runner-up Shawn Ray,disagreed with that stance on the night of Yates' threepeat. "

So there you have it , another day at the office for Yates and Shawn was lucky to place ahead of Levrone .

Dorian in 1994 is a an amalgam of parts that confuses me.  His back is supernatural; not as wide as today's top two guys, but striated and sliced.  If Ronnie would have had that condition this year, he would have won despite the lat discrepency.  However, his legs although ripped were kinda small and ill-shapen.  They look good from the side, but from a front on view they look like reverse pyramids.  Odd, yet still impressive.  What is most impressive is that his waist is still taut and ripped.  He is not in the condition he was a year earlier, but I did not note any distension.  He is not Haneyesque, so to speak, but nobody with that size has ever had as small a waist except Ronnie 1998/1999.  Regardless, I can see why he won.  However, an on Ronnie would destroy that condition without any doubt.  Problem is that Ronnie has not really been on for over a year.  This year, that version of Doz would have won the Mr. Olympia; Gutler would have cried standing next to him.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2006, 06:42:42 AM »
Dorian in 1994 is a an amalgam of parts that confuses me.  His back is supernatural; not as wide as today's top two guys, but striated and sliced.  If Ronnie would have had that condition this year, he would have won despite the lat discrepency.  However, his legs although ripped were kinda small and ill-shapen.  They look good from the side, but from a front on view they look like reverse pyramids.  Odd, yet still impressive.  What is most impressive is that his waist is still taut and ripped.  He is not in the condition he was a year earlier, but I did not note any distension.  He is not Haneyesque, so to speak, but nobody with that size has ever had as small a waist except Ronnie 1998/1999.  Regardless, I can see why he won.  However, an on Ronnie would destroy that condition without any doubt.  Problem is that Ronnie has not really been on for over a year.  This year, that version of Doz would have won the Mr. Olympia; Gutler would have cried standing next to him.

really after watching that video im left with an unimpressed taste in my mouth. he doesn't look good at all, at least not for a mr olympia. on the other hand, the 99-00 ronnie had size and conditioning that was very impressive. i dont think doz is that great, show me a video that drops your jaw.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2006, 06:53:25 AM »
really after watching that video im left with an unimpressed taste in my mouth. he doesn't look good at all, at least not for a mr olympia. on the other hand, the 99-00 ronnie had size and conditioning that was very impressive. i dont think doz is that great, show me a video that drops your jaw.

Watch the 1993 or 1995 Mr Olympia , if that doesn't drop your jaw than you're a fan of bodybuilding !

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #32 on: October 21, 2006, 06:57:26 AM »
Can someone please post Yates 93 or 95 posing routines?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 21, 2006, 06:58:56 AM »
Can someone please post Yates 93 or 95 posing routines?

No one has them online , in the " Best of Dorian Yates " there are a few quick clips but not the whole routine.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2006, 07:02:27 AM »
yate

Quote Flex Dec 1995

yates was one of the most grainiest bodybuilders in the world..in 1994 his sick condition was enough to beat any one fairly and there is no fuckin doubt that yates did not win deservingly.thats why my screen name is named after DORIAN'THE SHADOW'YATES..no doubt he is the best of the best
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #35 on: October 21, 2006, 07:24:09 AM »
yateyates was one of the most grainiest bodybuilders in the world..in 1994 his sick condition was enough to beat any one fairly and there is no fuckin doubt that yates did not win deservingly.thats why my screen name is named after DORIAN'THE SHADOW'YATES..no doubt he is the best of the best

Now hang on one damn second!!!

What about Jay Cutler?!!!  The best Mr Fucking OLYMPIA IN THE WORLD BIATTCCHHESSS AIIIGHT!!!

SUUUUUCKKKKEEEEEERRRRSS

Note:  I tried to do my best impression of you.  Was it good for you too?  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #36 on: October 21, 2006, 07:52:21 AM »

agreed
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #37 on: October 21, 2006, 08:07:12 AM »
Robbery and the Olympia go hand and hand.

Labrada beat Haney in 89 and 90.

Ray beat Yates in 94 and El Sonbaty beat him in 97.
Pithy

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #38 on: October 21, 2006, 08:07:28 AM »
Now hang on one damn second!!!

What about Jay Cutler?!!!  The best Mr Fucking OLYMPIA IN THE WORLD BIATTCCHHESSS AIIIGHT!!!

SUUUUUCKKKKEEEEEERRRRSS

Note:  I tried to do my best impression of you.  Was it good for you too?  ;)
your absoluetly right man..yep it was good for me man..lol
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #39 on: October 21, 2006, 08:12:18 AM »
Dorian looked small beyond belief in that video, the arms, legs and chest were all terrible, the back was awesome though but Shawn should have wiped the floor with him.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Fischputza

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2006, 08:34:50 AM »
Dorian looked small beyond belief in that video, the arms, legs and chest were all terrible, the back was awesome though but Shawn should have wiped the floor with him.
bullshit!
the video is definitely resized - in the wrong format, that´s why everything looks just narrow.
watch the original video and you´ll comprehend.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2006, 08:37:59 AM »

exactly.

its amaziing how delusional all these yates fans are: the man had a great upper and lower back in the video (but piss poor arms when viewed from the  rear double biceps pose), wide, thick waist, causing his rear lat spread to look NOTHING like this:

his arms look horrible from the front, and his quads, as usual, were not very good.

and yet people are cumming over him.

unbelievable.

the argument has even been made that this version of dorian, with poor pecs, arms, quads, taper, etc would have beaten this:

how incredibly stupid ::).

Its also worth noting that for all the talk about dorian's "great" triceps and biceps, 1999 Ronnie's arms DESTROY dorian's arms in that condition in every way shape and form.

question: how many more shots and videos of dorian looking bad will have to be posted before the delusional masses finally get that he was nowhere near as good as peak ronnie?
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2006, 08:43:21 AM »

hahaha even Ronnie's much attacked triceps in 1999 were far better than dorian's in the 96 clip.

dorian had his moments, but for people to go on about how this 96 form was so amazing and would beat 99 Ronnie is simply retarded.

watch the clips.

view the pics.

oh, and ND: you comment about how all the pics of dorian are "bad quality" and make him look bad?

well guess what sport: the videos do not help your argument.

all his flaws look the same.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 21, 2006, 08:49:29 AM »
exactly.

its amaziing how delusional all these yates fans are: the man had a great upper and lower back in the video (but piss poor arms when viewed from the  rear double biceps pose), wide, thick waist, causing his rear lat spread to look NOTHING like this:

]

his arms look horrible from the front, and his quads, as usual, were not very good.

and yet people are cumming over him.

unbelievable.

the argument has even been made that this version of dorian, with poor pecs, arms, quads, taper, etc would have beaten this:

how incredibly stupid ::).

Its also worth noting that for all the talk about dorian's "great" triceps and biceps, 1999 Ronnie's arms DESTROY dorian's arms in that condition in every way shape and form.

question: how many more shots and videos of dorian looking bad will have to be posted before the delusional masses finally get that he was nowhere near as good as peak ronnie?

Meltdown  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #44 on: October 21, 2006, 08:53:46 AM »
maybe so.

but everything I said and  showed is true to anyone with two good eyes
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2006, 08:56:16 AM »
maybe so.

but everything I said and  showed is true to anyone with two good eyes

Oh no maybes about it lol and I guess the judges 24 good eyes are trumped by Hulksters ? lol the facts & figures own you kid.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2006, 08:59:09 AM »
what good are facts and figures when your eyes plainly tell you that Yates in 1996 would be crushed by 1999 Ronnie?
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2006, 09:01:46 AM »
what good are facts and figures when your eyes plainly tell you that Yates in 1996 would be crushed by 1999 Ronnie?

Who said anything about Yates 96? Yates 96 still hammers Ronnie in conditioning despite not being his personal best , his personal best Dorian is unstopable.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2006, 09:06:12 AM »
someone with smooth arms and quads does not hammer this:

in terms of conditioning ::)

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2006, 09:09:09 AM »
someone with smooth arms and quads does not hammer this:

in terms of conditioning ::)

Dorian always had better conditioning than Ronnie only the moronic would claim otherwise , hey wait who am I dealing with again?