Author Topic: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...  (Read 23976 times)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Dorian at the 94 Olympia...holy shit...
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »
these details can be seen much better live and in person.

what, from the 45th row?

give me a break.

smooth is smooth whether its on camera, on video, in person, on the moon,  or whatever.

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2006, 04:38:06 PM »
what, from the 45th row?

give me a break.

smooth is smooth whether its on camera, on video, in person, on the moon,  or whatever.

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha !! Yates owns you !@!

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2006, 04:41:08 PM »
I'd like someone to explain to me how dorian had smooth arms and quads?

He genetically didn't have cross striations in these areas - yet he did in the back, hams and calves - but that doesn't equate to smooth and lack of detail...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #153 on: October 25, 2006, 04:44:29 PM »

He genetically didn't have cross striations in these areas - yet he did in the back, hams and calves - but that doesn't equate to smooth and lack of detail...

He doesn't ! thats Hulkster's way of trying to bring Yates down and it failed , I owned him many posts ago that whe he types ' smooth ' it implies carrying excess water and Dorian was never smooth , that was one of Dorian's trademarks is insane dryness at high bodyweights

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #154 on: October 25, 2006, 04:46:46 PM »

look at any pic and any video:

convienient of ND to post a croped shot of yates NOT showing his quads...

The arms and quads are MAJOR muscle groups. These flaws are one of the main reasons why I feel Yates was overrated (that and his shape, taper and detail 8))
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #155 on: October 25, 2006, 04:52:33 PM »
ND thinks dorian's quads and arms are detailed because he never compares Dorian to anyone else.

as soon as you do, then you begin to realize how deficient he was in these areas:

Flower Boy Ran Away

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #156 on: October 25, 2006, 04:55:59 PM »
hulkie,

you can clearly see each head of his quads - including the partial tear to his left quad - in all those pics.

same with the arms - you can clearly see the individual muscles of the arms and forearms - the brachialis, brachioradialis etc.

his legs look harder than nasser in the bottom one too...

also, how the hell did yates not have a great taper?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #157 on: October 25, 2006, 04:57:54 PM »
your top pic clearly shows that yates had the most defined and developed sartorious muscle on the 1992 olympia stage...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #158 on: October 25, 2006, 05:01:00 PM »
look at any pic and any video:

convienient of ND to post a croped shot of yates NOT showing his quads...

The arms and quads are MAJOR muscle groups. These flaws are one of the main reasons why I feel Yates was overrated (that and his shape, taper and detail 8))

Not cropped sport thats how it sits in the magazine  ;) I can ONW you again if you like?? and again you keep posting a pic from 1995 and claim thats why he's overrated you couldn't be any more dense , that was among his best ever !! Hulksterism " he's so bad because he's so great " that is an oxymoron

A few quote to silence your stupidity

Bill Dobbins on Dorian 1995 " I have NEVER seen such muscle development on a human being. The other guys sit backstage talking about wheather they should get big or get cut. What they need to do is get like Dorian. "

" Dorian Yates skin like tissue paper. In crucial front double-biceps shot , the left bicep is short , but not fatally so. Traps look as if they have the capacity to render him deaf, Back , upper and lower , is sensational in every respect: width , thickness and detail. Side triceps pose is a masterpiece that he's made into a Broadway production number. Thighs have more sweep than before. Calves? Yates wrote the book on calves. In muscle thickness , he's in a class of his own. Today combination of size , proportion , SHAPE and condition makes this his peak form.

Hulkster 1995 Yates crushed eveyone by far.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #159 on: October 25, 2006, 05:01:24 PM »
these are smooth legs...

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #160 on: October 25, 2006, 05:02:43 PM »
your top pic clearly shows that yates had the most defined and developed sartorious muscle on the 1992 olympia stage...
Then why does he lose most of the time standing beside anyone good? :-\

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #161 on: October 25, 2006, 05:02:53 PM »
These are firsthand accounts of people who saw Yates only in pictures and video and all have asserted neother do him justice , he must be seen in person to full comprehend what he looks like , and I never said that the same wouldn't apply to Ronnie , but it thats the consensus about Yates

People tend to downplay this but Dorian has fair skin and harsh lighting can wash out his detail in a lot of pictures and video , these details can be seen much better live and in person.
ok, how many times do i have to say it? i was at the 91 and 95 olympias, and the whole "looks better in pics" things holds true. of course i never saw those years pics of yates till after i saw him live and.....the pics just do not show how  hard and dense he was. take it or leave it im talking from first hand experiance (from being there and talking to the competitors up close after the show). yates just seemed carved out of granite, nasser while huge didnt have the hardness(shook his hand, talked to him for a few minutes at the breakfast and he was in nowhere near the condition of yates). again, from the second they walked on stage it was not close, kinda like 03 with ronnie. "whacha gonna do brother"?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #162 on: October 25, 2006, 05:03:39 PM »

This is where Hulkster ignores that , Dorian's upper quads didn't have the great seperation of Arnold ot Samir Bannout , however at his best his quads kick ass !! his satorious much better seperated and defined than Ronnie but his legs are smooth lol this kid needs to learn

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #163 on: October 25, 2006, 05:04:48 PM »
what, from the 45th row?

give me a break.

not from the 45th, i snuck down the isle for pics and was actually sitting next to betty weider who was sitting right behind the judges.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #164 on: October 25, 2006, 05:06:14 PM »
Then why does he lose most of the time standing beside anyone good? :-\

The front double biceps was never Dorian's best shot , however thats NOT the only mandatory pose . and Yates simply owns most of them comapred to almost everyone , front & rear latspreads , side chest , abdominal and thigh , back double biceps Dorian owned them all in most of his contests , this isn't debateable , its a fact .

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2006, 05:09:45 PM »
The front double biceps was never Dorian's best shot , however thats NOT the only mandatory pose . and Yates simply owns most of them comapred to almost everyone , front & rear latspreads , side chest , abdominal and thigh , back double biceps Dorian owned them all in most of his contests , this isn't debateable , its a fact .
yates performed it well though and turned it into more of a back pose than an arm pose...

dorian was technically a very very good mandatory poser... he made the judges job easy in this round

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2006, 05:12:46 PM »
yates performed it well though and turned it into more of a back pose than an arm pose...

dorian was technically a very very good mandatory poser... he made the judges job easy in this round

Very true , he knew how to effectively pose which is among the many reasons dispite not having as good a taper Ronnie looks much better in the front latspread .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2006, 05:13:08 PM »
how many times do i have to say it? i was at the 91 and 95 olympias, and the whole "looks better in pics" things holds true. of course i never saw those years pics of yates till after i saw him live and.....the pics just do not show how  hard and dense he was. take it or leave it im talking from first hand experiance (from being there and talking to the competitors up close after the show). yates just seemed carved out of granite, nasser while huge didnt have the hardness(shook his hand, talked to him for a few minutes at the breakfast and he was in nowhere near the condition of yates). again, from the second they walked on stage it was not close, kinda like 03 with ronnie. "whacha gonna do brother"?
Unless you also saw Coleman in similar circumstances that's interesting but only half a loaf.  ;D

Quote from: pumpster on Today at 08:02:43 PM
Then why does he lose most of the time standing beside anyone good?

The front double biceps was never Dorian's best shot
No kidding. Yates has about 4 "good" shots that hide the problems.

He had to. Dorian "no bis" Yates didn't have much of a choice.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2006, 05:18:09 PM »
Very true , he knew how to effectively pose which is among the many reasons dispite not having as good a taper Ronnie looks much better in the front latspread .
ronnie's front lat spread is a disaster zone from a technical standpoint. It COULD look unbelievable!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2006, 05:22:39 PM »
Why do I think Dorian's quads look smooth?

because even in his very best 93 shape, when he extends his quad and flexes, it is smooth.

You can also see this on video if you like if you watch the 1993 Olympia.

He hits a most muscular at the end of his routine.

it is not available on youtube however..

compared to guys like Ronnie (back in the day), Flex, Kevin, and Shawn, his quads just looked smooth in comparison.

You don't have to be at a contest to see this. Just look.
Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2006, 05:25:00 PM »
his satorious much better seperated and defined than Ronnie but his legs are smooth

its not as bad as you think
Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2006, 05:25:10 PM »
ronnie's front lat spread is a disaster zone from a technical standpoint. It COULD look unbelievable!
So much for that "theory". "Technically" he looks as good or better than Yates in that pose.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2006, 05:27:01 PM »
From a "technical" standpoint, this is a disaster..one of the all-time worst MMs, along with Haney. Columbu laughs at them.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: October 25, 2006, 05:27:31 PM »

its not as bad as you think

You always get suckered into posting that pic lol and I always say the same two things , Nice gut and its not close to Yates .

delta9mda

• Getbig V
« Reply #174 on: October 25, 2006, 05:27:37 PM »
there is a diff between smooth and not striated. there is no way in hell he could be smooth and shredded as hell at the same time and the hardest guy on stage everytime.