Author Topic: Vegas Cop Charged with Selling Roids  (Read 6163 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Vegas Cop Charged with Selling Roids
« on: October 20, 2006, 11:25:19 PM »
No wonder so many pros are moving to Vegas

http://www.klas-tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5559370&nav=menu102_2

A Metro police officer is facing charges for selling a controlled substance.

Jason Maloy is accused of selling steroids to an undercover drug agent last Thursday.

He was arrested after an analysis by Metro's drug lab determined a vial Maloy sold contained steroids.

He's scheduled to be in court on November 15th.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
Re: Vegas Cop Charged with Selling Roids
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 11:29:20 PM »
did he murder a young woman, burn her corpse in the desert, go on the lam, and then conspire to kill potential witnesses?

if he didn't, we don't care.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2006, 11:33:06 PM »
I used to see the Biggest Steroid Dealers in the United States in my Gym.  They were all the top cops in Narcotics and the County Commissioners son.  They all got arrested for a very long time.  Wyatt, was arrested in California with over half-million dollars and tons of steroids.  He covered it up and paid his way out.  Came back here and continued the business.  I had a few friends who sold under all of them and they were supplying nearly everyone on the West and East coast.

Back here, the police would serve phony warrants and silence anyone who dared speak with arrest.  MY one aquaintance beat a dude with a hammer so he wouldn`t talk.  He went to jail too but has over 200 grand buried somewhere.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 11:35:16 PM »
On a positive note; evidently he was selling real gear. Way to go Copper!
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 11:36:20 PM »
In July 2002, four North Carolina officers were sentenced to prison on federal drug-trafficking charges – three of them worked vice for the Davidson County sheriff's office. One officer, David Scott Woodall, sold steroids and cocaine, planned on doing the same with pot and ecstasy, and stole a $160,000 in cash from codefendant Wyatt Kepley, one of two civilian accomplices in the case. Another officer, Douglas Westmorland, helped Woodall filch the money from Kepley, helped fabricate a search warrant for his house, supplied a fellow officer with pot, and stole more than four pounds of coke and some 60 pounds of grass from the evidence room.

AFFADAVIT TELLS TALE OF DRUGS, SALES, THEFTS

Four law enforcement officers jailed on drug charges apparently shared a common bond of anabolic steroid abuse.

They also routinely robbed drug dealers for cash and drugs they could sell, sometimes by breaking in and other times by serving false search warrants, according to an affidavit filed by federal investigators to obtain a warrant to search.  Among those charged are Sgt.  William Rankin Jr., 32, Lt.  David Scott Woodall, 34, and Lt.  Douglas Edward Westmoreland, 49, all Davidson County deputies assigned to the vice-narcotics division.

Also charged was Chris Shetley, an Archdale police patrol sergeant and former vice officer, and two other men, Wyatt Nathan Kepley and Marco Aurelio Acosta-Soza, who were not law enforcement officers.

Kepley is the son of Davidson County Commissioner Billy Joe Kepley, who declined to comment about the case Wednesday.

All the suspects were arrested early Wednesday by the FBI and State Bureau of Investigation on charges of racketeering and possession with intent to distribute cocaine, marijuana, MDMA ( ecstasy ), anabolic steroids and cocaine.

Other charges include laundering money and using firearms in relation to crimes.

The affidavit and search warrant were released by the U.S.  Attorney's office late Friday afternoon.

The documents reveal that the investigation that led to the arrests of the officers began with the arrest of another local law enforcement officer - referred to as "CW-1" - on Nov.  5.

Although the documents do not name the officer, Thomasville police Sgt.  Russell Earl McHenry Jr., 32, was arrested Nov.  5 by State Bureau of Investigation officials on trafficking and conspiracy to traffic in ecstasy and marijuana.

McHenry, a Greensboro resident, also was a Thomasville vice-narcotics officer.  His court date has been continued to Feb.  14.

CW-1 was arrested on state drug charges involving MDA/MDMA and marijuana.  He chose to cooperate with investigators.  According to the affidavit, he told them he was "part of an organized criminal conspiracy" involving "top level officers from several different law enforcement agencies."

CW-1, Shetley, Rankin and Woodall were tied to Kepley through the sale and use of anabolic steroids.  CW-1 said he first became involved with the group of officers after Kepley was arrested in California, cutting off his supply of steroids.

CW-1 said he met Rankin - who was driving a silver four-door Cadillac used as an undercover car by Davidson County deputies - outside a topless bar on S.  Main Street in High Point in late April.

Rankin allegedly supplied CW-1 with $300 worth of steroids the next day.

CW-1 said he later accompanied Woodall in robbing Kepley's apartment of cash and drugs after serving Kepley's girlfriend with a false warrant July 10 while Kepley was in California for a court appearance.

The affidavit states that Rankin, Westmoreland and Woodall had stolen more than $160,000 in cash from Kepley's residence on three earlier break-ins.

According to the documents, Woodall's source for marijuana and cocaine was Acosta-Soza, who made regular trips to Texas to buy drugs.  Acosta-Soza was arrested in mid-October.  Authorities seized about $48,000 of Woodall's cocaine.

Woodall bailed Acosta-Soza out of jail, later gave him $32,000 to go to Texas and buy more drugs and threatened to kill Acosta-Soza's children if he didn't return, the document said.

Westmoreland's girlfriend, who is mentioned in the document but not named, is a prior informant.

At one point, Woodall and Westmoreland became suspicious that Rankin was informing the Drug Enforcement Agency, and they discussed the possibility of killing him, according to the documents.

Also included in the documents is a reference to a visit to the High Point Police Department in April.  Woodall went to the department to pick up a Federal Express package that had been sent to police because it contained steroids.

An unnamed High Point detective thought it was unusual for a Davidson County investigator to pick up the package because that department did not routinely pursue steroids cases.

Shetley thought the High Point detective contacted the FBI to identify the source of the steroids in California and the recipient in Lexington.

The group of officers met to discuss the threat of a federal investigation, the documents said.  Woodall allegedly told CW-1 not to worry because they would turn the package in as evidenceas if it was part of a normal drug investigation.

CW-1 also told investigators that at one point a man had given Sheriff Gerald K.  Hege information about Woodall "being dirty." CW-1 said Westmoreland and Woodall planted a pound of marijuana on the man and charged him with possession.

Another deputy "was reportedly frightened" by the subsequent beating Woodall and Westmoreland gave the man.

In late November, Woodall told CW-1 that Hege had called him and Westmoreland into his office.  Hege told them he'd heard allegations that the two were involved with drugs, according to the affidavit.

Hege believed the information about Woodall and Westmoreland "may have been part of an election year ploy by the NCSBI to cause trouble for him."

Shetley reportedly drew arrest warrants for possession of marijuana on a suspect.  He later allegedly offered to "make the warrants ...  disappear" for $1,500.

CW-1 told investigators Shetley used $3,000 he seized from a suspect as a down payment for a Harley-Davidson motorcycle.

Woodall was said to have used an outbuilding at 1014 Virginia Drive in Thomasville.  He lived part of the time out of the sheriff's office's Vice-Narcotics Unit trailer off of Old U.S.  29 near Thomasville, and CW-1 said he often saw Woodall using a Davidson County undercover van to transport marijuana.

High Point defense attorney Georgia Nixon, who was an assistant district attorney for Davidson County between 1992-95, said she'd been hearing stories from clients about the three deputies for a while.

Clients told her they were searched and the officers found nothing on them, but they were later served papers for drug offenses.

In other cases, clients had their money seized.  Others reported that the officers seized amounts of controlled substances, but reported smaller amounts than were seized.

There have also been reports of physical abuse, she said.

She said reports were sporadic in 2000, but a real pattern developed in the last seven or eight months, she said.

"Every other week, somebody was coming into my office and telling me something bizarre," Nixon said.

All three officers worked together at the Thomasville Police Department in the past, she said.

"The problem is, they ( vice officers in different law enforcement agencies ) all use each other in undercover sting operations," said Nixon.  "You have to wonder.  Are there more?"

Earlier this week, Hege said vice officers are vulnerable because of the temptations involved with the job.

He could not be reached for comment Friday. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 11:38:40 PM »
WINSTON-SALEM - Four law enforcement officers and two other men who face federal drug charges pleaded innocent at a detention hearing on Wednesday in federal district court in Winston-Salem.

All were denied bail by Federal Magistrate Russell A. Eliason and will remain in custody.

One of the men, former Davidson County Sheriff's Deputy William Rankin Jr., 32, of Thomasville, might be eligible for bail later, Eliason said.

If investigators determine there is no further evidence against Rankin by Jan. 7, 2002, he could be granted bail, Eliason said.

Others charged with being part of the drug ring are Lt. David Scott Woodall, 34, and Lt. Douglas Edward Westmoreland, 49, former Davidson County deputies assigned to the vice-narcotics division. Both men are from Thomasville.

Also charged are Christopher James Shetley, a former Archdale police patrol sergeant and former vice officer, and two other men, Wyatt Nathan Kepley and Marco Aurelio Acosta-Soza, who are not law enforcement officers. Shetley is from Thomasville and Kepley and Acosta-Soza are from Lexington.

In arguing for their bail, attorneys for the accused said that the defendants have been lifelong residents of Davidson County, have strong social ties in the community and are not flight risks or dangers to anyone else.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Lynne Klauer said on Thursday that the court considers two factors to determine whether or not to grant bail.

"The two factors are the risk of flight and danger to the community," Klauer said. "In this case, the affidavits showed a history of violence, threats of violence and the use of firearms. Those were sufficient grounds to detain them."

The affidavit, which provided evidence for a federal grand jury to indict the six men, was released by the U.S. Attorney's Office in Greensboro on Dec. 14.

The affidavit alleges that Woodall, Shetley and a federal witness not identified in the affidavit had kept drugs and cash seized during drug searches; had broken into residences of known drug dealers to steal drugs and money; had planted drugs during searches and on people who attempted to report them; had intimidated witnesses; and had threatened family members of Acosta-Soza if he did not come back from Texas with cocaine bought with $32,000 he had been given by one of the deputies now charged.

Acosta-Soza allegedly made trips to Texas to purchase cocaine and marijuana which the law enforcement officers later sold. Acosta-Soza, also known as "Julio," reportedly had cocaine sources in Asheboro and Alamance counties as well as in Texas.

At one point, the affidavit states, a house in Asheboro, where a 1,500-pound load of marijuana was expected, was being monitored by the group. The plan was for one to buy as much marijuana as possible, then the group would rip off the rest of the marijuana and get their money back.

In May 2001, the affidavit states, the deputies became aware that Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) agents were possibly investigating the Davidson County Sheriff's Office regarding steroids. The affidavit states that two of the deputies discussed killing the third deputy whom they believed could not take the heat of an intensive investigation.

Wyatt Kepley, a Lexington bodybuilder, was allegedly the supplier of the steroids which were sold by the unidentified witness to law enforcement officers and other bodybuilders.

In April 2001, Kepley was arrested in California and charged with possession of over $1 million worth of steroids. When Kepley went back to court in California in July, one of the defendants and the witness allegedly wrote a phony search warrant which they served on Kepley's girlfriend at Kepley's residence in Lexington. During the phony search, they took $42,000 in cash and a suitcase containing 16,000 vials of a steroid, according to the affidavit.
On Nov. 28, 2001, Davidson County Sheriff Gerald Hege confronted two of the deputies with allegations that they were involved with selling drugs. According to the affidavit, the deputies denied the allegations and Hege believed the information may have been part of a ploy to cause trouble for him in the next election.

The deputies routinely drove vehicles, including a Cadillac, a Chevrolet Tahoe and a Chrysler, seized by Davidson County and assigned to the vice-narcotics unit. According to the affidavit, vacuum-packed one-pound packages of marijuana were kept in a plastic container in one of the vehicles.

At the Wednesday afternoon hearing, the law enforcement officers and Wyatt Kepley were led into the courtroom in Forsyth County Jail jumpsuits. The law enforcement officers have been separated from the general population for their safety.

Eliason said the cases are special because they involve law enforcement officers accused of compromising public trust.

"These are particularly serious offenses in terms of the implication to society and in terms of the potential sentences," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Klauer.

If convicted, Klauer said, the defendants could serve 10 years to life.

Some information from the Associated Press was used in this story.

TheAnimal

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 11:40:26 PM »
On a positive note; evidently he was selling real gear. Way to go Copper!
WTF REAL GEAR no way

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2006, 11:42:07 PM »

They were in deep.

They were making millions selling steroids to about everyone you could possibly know.   A few even frequent this board.

I never really cared to mention any of this but it is all true.

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2006, 11:52:13 PM »
In 2001-2003 I could not even leave my house without a cop tailing me.  The investigation was THAT big.

Anyone seen with these guys was tailed for a long time.  It really sucked because I had racked up nearly 10,000 in traffic tickets for stops.  They were hoping to find something that was not there.

I was NEVER involved with their business, they just assumed I was because I was young and had those cars and a reputation.

Wood, who posts on this board as a competitor, may or may not remember that shit that followed me.

It was sickening to me for them to think of me as some thug, dealer.

Wow!  That must have sucked, guilt by association.  Im surprised more of these field agents and undercover cops  havent fallen prey to the fast money and lifestyle.  Sounds like they did in NC.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 11:56:53 PM »
Wow!  That must have sucked, guilt by association.  Im surprised more of these field agents and undercover cops  havent fallen prey to the fast money and lifestyle.  Sounds like they did in NC.

They do moreso than anyone thinks.  Woodall and Wyatt, each bought armor plated cadillacs and they had the trunk filled with weapons.  They were at one time tready to take on anyone and everyone who stood in their way when paying a dealer a visit.

I am not sure how many people they may have even murdered as I never asked, but I am sure they did, as that guy who beat the other with a hammer was ordered to kill.

They sure led dual lives.   Wyatt would brag every now and then about selling to the biggest supplier at Gold`s Venice and Another entity who posts on this board. Well, two in fact.   I believe it because I did see pictures.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 11:58:25 PM »
I lived in Winston-Salem for 17 years.
a

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2006, 12:00:27 AM »

It took forever to shake the lies spread about me.  Even my lawyer was concerned at one point as he heard my name being thrown around.  It was really sickening to me.  I think I may have posted something on Mayhem about it at one time, how they were after me for something I never did or was even associated with.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2006, 12:01:16 AM »
I lived in Winston-Salem for 17 years.

Very interesting. I take it you knew Thomas Rieke.

Were you around when this shit went down?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2006, 12:02:01 AM »
Everyone at that Gold`s gym was a suspect. It was crazy man.

whitewidow

« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2006, 12:02:15 AM »
Yeah- I know the head DEA guys where I am from are big juicers_ they go around robbing local dealers just as described here- sounds far fetched but ive seen it happen too- I bet TA was there best customer! thats why they were following him-lol

were they selling mex gear or euro human grade?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2006, 12:03:08 AM »

This is not good news for a friend of ours, whom Isaac and I met at the Olympia. Wow...

b.c.

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2006, 12:04:19 AM »
Man, when they use hammers its real personal and meant to send a serious message.  Armored cars and weapons to boot.  Good thing you didnt get too much more associated.  Those kind of nut cases get paranoid with everyone within a 1000 mile radius.

Lift Studios

• Getbig V
  • http://www.liftstudios.com
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2006, 12:06:38 AM »
Wow. Yes I know Jason and his (ex?)wife.

Elevate Your Image.™

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2006, 12:14:21 AM »
Very interesting. I take it you knew Thomas Rieke.

Were you around when this shit went down?

I never knew Thomas Rieke. What shit went down at that gym? A brief summary is cool
a

Slick Vic

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2006, 07:04:38 AM »
did he murder a young woman, burn her corpse in the desert, go on the lam, and then conspire to kill potential witnesses?

if he didn't, we don't care.

Thank you....

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2006, 09:08:49 AM »
I used to see the Biggest Steroid Dealers in the United States in my Gym.  They were all the top cops in Narcotics and the County Commissioners son.  They all got arrested for a very long time.  Wyatt, was arrested in California with over half-million dollars and tons of steroids.  He covered it up and paid his way out.  Came back here and continued the business.  I had a few friends who sold under all of them and they were supplying nearly everyone on the West and East coast.

Back here, the police would serve phony warrants and silence anyone who dared speak with arrest.  MY one aquaintance beat a dude with a hammer so he wouldn`t talk.  He went to jail too but has over 200 grand buried somewhere.

Wyatt got out and continued like nothing happened??? holy shit, thats ballsy and brainless.

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2006, 09:51:19 AM »
Wyatt got out and continued like nothing happened??? holy shit, thats ballsy and brainless.

$$$$$$$$$ and the lifestyle that goes with it are very very addictive.