Author Topic: Titus was going to fight Baroni  (Read 937 times)

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
Titus was going to fight Baroni
« on: October 21, 2006, 11:17:24 AM »
According to Dave Meltzer there is a potential fight between Phil Baroni and pro bodybuilder Craig Titus, which could take place in either Pride or King of the Cage:

"Believe it or not, Phil Baroni is pushing Pride to book him in a freak-show fight on December 31st against high-level bodybuilder Craig Titus. The two have had a war of words for years. New Year's Eve is a freak show night [in Pride]. Also, King of the Cage, which does pay-per-view shows that nobody buys, has offered Baroni $10,000 to fight Titus in King of the Cage."

Obviously, even if Baroni vs. Titus does take place in Pride at some point, the date of the fight would not necessarily be December 31st. If Baroni advances in Pride's 183-pound tournament, he will be finishing out that tournament on Pride's December 31st show. If that happens, any potential Baroni vs. Titus fight in Pride would have to take place in 2006 instead of taking place on New Year's Eve.

It's far from a certainty that Baroni vs. Titus will ever take place, as the Observer report simply stated that Baroni is pushing Pride to book the fight, and even if Pride agrees to do so, there's no telling if Craig Titus would be willing to take the fight.

TITUS----"I had an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout set up for 'King of the Cage' with Phil BARONI, but he couldn't fight, because he signed with Pride; to be honest, it would be like beating up a f--kin' bitch. He's a punk little bitch and I'm sick of his little f--kin' mouth, and if he doesn't stop running, I'm gonna bust his jaw, that's what's gonna happen."

Hunter86

• Getbig III
Re: Titus was going to fight Baroni
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »
According to Dave Meltzer there is a potential fight between Phil Baroni and pro bodybuilder Craig Titus, which could take place in either Pride or King of the Cage:

"Believe it or not, Phil Baroni is pushing Pride to book him in a freak-show fight on December 31st against high-level bodybuilder Craig Titus. The two have had a war of words for years. New Year's Eve is a freak show night [in Pride]. Also, King of the Cage, which does pay-per-view shows that nobody buys, has offered Baroni $10,000 to fight Titus in King of the Cage."

Obviously, even if Baroni vs. Titus does take place in Pride at some point, the date of the fight would not necessarily be December 31st. If Baroni advances in Pride's 183-pound tournament, he will be finishing out that tournament on Pride's December 31st show. If that happens, any potential Baroni vs. Titus fight in Pride would have to take place in 2006 instead of taking place on New Year's Eve.

It's far from a certainty that Baroni vs. Titus will ever take place, as the Observer report simply stated that Baroni is pushing Pride to book the fight, and even if Pride agrees to do so, there's no telling if Craig Titus would be willing to take the fight.

TITUS----"I had an Ultimate Fighting Championship bout set up for 'King of the Cage' with Phil BARONI, but he couldn't fight, because he signed with Pride; to be honest, it would be like beating up a f--kin' bitch. He's a punk little bitch and I'm sick of his little f--kin' mouth, and if he doesn't stop running, I'm gonna bust his jaw, that's what's gonna happen."

It's a shame Craig had to go Murder someone a Craig Titus and Phil Baroni fight would have been similar to  2 queers arguing over whether the drapes match the rug

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2006, 11:23:07 AM »
That's old news.  The whole "Titus vs Baroni" thing was discussed to death on the boards back when it happened.
Ron: "I am lazy."

Hunter86

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 11:25:08 AM »
Goatboy do you think after the fight Craig would invite Phil back to his house to eiffel tower kelly with him?