Author Topic: Introducing myself  (Read 3077 times)

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
Introducing myself
« on: October 22, 2006, 06:10:55 PM »
Greetings,
  I've been stalking around this forum for about a month.  Decided to subscribe and wanted to intruduce myself. 
  I'm 31, married, own a gallery/frame shop, live in the south (not for long) and love bb.  Jan 1st 2005 I weighed 238 pounds, 44 inch waist, 30% bf and was almost as unhealthy as it gets.  Decided to join Golds near my store.  By June 15th I had dropped my weight to 175 mostly through cardio as I didn't know squat about weight training (musician by trade) and bought 32 waist jeans.  Noticed my tri-ceps and quads had gotten pretty cut and started asking questions from trainers and the ..big guys in the gym.  A little over a year later, Im at 195, 15.8% bodyfat, strong and healthy.  I love it!  My goal is to get to 205 pounds with 10bf%
  I've eaten a vegetarian diet for over a year now, but  I don't preach or begrudge anybody on what they put in their body...it just works for me.  I continue to eat eggs (tons of them...free range when I can get em) and cheese.  I've found that soy is almost the perfect bodybuilding food in terms of protein, carb, fat percentages.  If you dont eat it...I recommend you look into it...regardless of whether you eat animal flesh or not.  Are their other veg bodybuilders on this site?  Be interested in talking about your bulking/cutting diets!

I use creatine, protein shakes (although not as much as I used too) and tribulus.  Just started with the tribulus and love the pump I'm getting...and its MUCH cheaper than the NOX products I see.
Don't take steroids...would defeat the purpose of why I train and stay healthy.  Don't care if you do..its your body.
 I follow bb pro's a little...can't find a current physique to admire...guys seem to juiced and big.  I like John Grimek and Clancy Ross style's.  My wife likes Steve Reeves...as I assume most ladies do (lucky m*therf*cker).  I'd like to see more realistic physiques become popular again as I think obese America could use physical rolemodels NOT dependant on drugs and reasonably attainable now more than ever.  Maybe the style will swing back.

Im most proud recently of using the summer to put 1/2 on my arms and an inch on my chest while bring down my bodyfat almost 3% points!  I own  Arnolds book on BB and used his "priority principle" on those areas...seems to have worked.  I also own a book called, "Bodybuilding - A scientific approach" by Hatfield.   Appears to have been made in the seventies..lots of cool pics and an interesting approach to cutting and gaining.

I joined this forum to get some training and nutrional advice.  I feel like bb pros and supplement companies can't be trusted with the truth and wanted to find out what you guys had found that worked.

Look forward to contributing.

Voice of doom
VOD...for short

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: Introducing myself
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 01:39:10 PM »
you are welcome here, just remember im the best bodybuilder here, at 6feet6 i completly demolish everyone :)
A

Samourai Pizzacat

• Getbig IV
  • Meeoow!!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 01:59:47 AM »
you are welcome here, just remember im the best bodybuilder here, at 6feet6 i completly demolish everyone :)
Now, you're being modest Daddywaddy!

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 06:36:40 AM »

I dont remember Freddy Prinze being 6'6?

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:00:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum and congrats on your trans formation.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 05:28:46 PM »
Greetings,
  I've been stalking around this forum for about a month.  Decided to subscribe and wanted to intruduce myself. 
  I'm 31, married, own a gallery/frame shop, live in the south (not for long) and love bb.  Jan 1st 2005 I weighed 238 pounds, 44 inch waist, 30% bf and was almost as unhealthy as it gets.  Decided to join Golds near my store.  By June 15th I had dropped my weight to 175 mostly through cardio as I didn't know squat about weight training (musician by trade) and bought 32 waist jeans.  Noticed my tri-ceps and quads had gotten pretty cut and started asking questions from trainers and the ..big guys in the gym.  A little over a year later, Im at 195, 15.8% bodyfat, strong and healthy.  I love it!  My goal is to get to 205 pounds with 10bf%
  I've eaten a vegetarian diet for over a year now, but  I don't preach or begrudge anybody on what they put in their body...it just works for me.  I continue to eat eggs (tons of them...free range when I can get em) and cheese.  I've found that soy is almost the perfect bodybuilding food in terms of protein, carb, fat percentages.  If you dont eat it...I recommend you look into it...regardless of whether you eat animal flesh or not.  Are their other veg bodybuilders on this site?  Be interested in talking about your bulking/cutting diets!

I use creatine, protein shakes (although not as much as I used too) and tribulus.  Just started with the tribulus and love the pump I'm getting...and its MUCH cheaper than the NOX products I see.
Don't take steroids...would defeat the purpose of why I train and stay healthy.  Don't care if you do..its your body.
 I follow bb pro's a little...can't find a current physique to admire...guys seem to juiced and big.  I like John Grimek and Clancy Ross style's.  My wife likes Steve Reeves...as I assume most ladies do (lucky m*therf*cker).  I'd like to see more realistic physiques become popular again as I think obese America could use physical rolemodels NOT dependant on drugs and reasonably attainable now more than ever.  Maybe the style will swing back.

Im most proud recently of using the summer to put 1/2 on my arms and an inch on my chest while bring down my bodyfat almost 3% points!  I own  Arnolds book on BB and used his "priority principle" on those areas...seems to have worked.  I also own a book called, "Bodybuilding - A scientific approach" by Hatfield.   Appears to have been made in the seventies..lots of cool pics and an interesting approach to cutting and gaining.

I joined this forum to get some training and nutrional advice.  I feel like bb pros and supplement companies can't be trusted with the truth and wanted to find out what you guys had found that worked.

Look forward to contributing.

Voice of doom
VOD...for short

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse
if you are a good person this site is not for you ;)

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 08:03:55 PM »
awsome story VOD. congratulations on your success. its always great to hear how people have made desicions that possitively change their lives. im not vegetarian but i do understand the benefits of the diet. stay healthy. people on this board may give you a hard time but its all in good fun and many members have good advice.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
Second to the great Alexxx, King of BB 8)

Ofcourse, such things are so obvious that they need not be mentioned. However, the ignorant, and often disrespectful noobs need to be reminded of the FACTS that make getbig what it is.

8)
follow the arrows

bicepsforyou

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2006, 09:34:26 AM »
Welcome to the forum.
"Mystery Is Life"

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2006, 10:16:06 AM »
Alexx is a gentleman and a scholar
 And i wont here a bad word said about him

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

GET_BIGGER

• Getbig IV
  • Peace and good genes be to you
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2006, 10:28:42 AM »
OMG its getting deep in here.........

anyways.........welcome to the forum

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2006, 10:59:04 AM »
OMG its getting deep in here.........

anyways.........welcome to the forum

HAha u add the word scholar to any post and it deepens the whole topic.

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2006, 01:45:58 PM »
If it wasnt for King Alexxx, we would all be drinking carrot juice and doing pullups in tree's like when we were 10yr olds.

He started by teaching the infamous Ron (propietitor of this site) some basics of resistance training and proper diet for muscular adaptation to growth.      Ron spread the word thru this site and has a killer body under those big clothes he wears.

Long live King Alexxx!!! ;D