Author Topic: bugs bunny  (Read 17692 times)

blinky

• Getbig V
bugs bunny
« on: October 23, 2006, 08:06:41 AM »
this episode just popped into my head today. i found the full episode on youtube. its by far my fav  ;D

the bugs bunny square dancing episode.....hillbilly hare

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Re: bugs bunny
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 08:40:45 AM »
they don't make cartoons like bugs bunny anymore. 

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2006, 10:49:03 AM »
they don't make cartoons like bugs bunny anymore. 

Nope, they don't. That was the best cartoon ever created. I watched Bugs Bunny and Superfriends every saturday morning when I was a kid.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2006, 11:14:17 AM »
When I can find them on I'll watch them, the problem is that no networks run them anymore, the best cartoons ever made to this day are the Warner Bros. cartoons.....luckly years ago I bought just about every episode made, I even baught for a cartoon cell for $1500.00 signed by Fritz Freeling!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2006, 11:35:17 AM »
Colossus, I gotta agree with you there. Today's cartoons all seem so dark compared to Warner Bros.

I-One, do you get 'The Cartoon Network" in your neck of the woods?
w

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 12:24:18 PM »
When I can find them on I'll watch them, the problem is that no networks run them anymore, the best cartoons ever made to this day are the Warner Bros. cartoons.....luckly years ago I bought just about every episode made, I even baught for a cartoon cell for $1500.00 signed by Fritz Freeling!

I used to know a guy that sold those cartoon cells. He made a killing, his margins were fantastic. Someone made a nice profit on your $1,500.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 12:27:08 PM »
Colossus, I gotta agree with you there. Today's cartoons all seem so dark compared to Warner Bros.
Not only dark, but just flat out weird sometimes.  lol

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: October 23, 2006, 01:28:38 PM »
I used to know a guy that sold those cartoon cells. He made a killing, his margins were fantastic. Someone made a nice profit on your $1,500.

Yeah, Fritz Freeling did. I also have a cell signed by Chuck Jones when he had his studio in Corona Del Mar!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2006, 01:31:28 PM »

Yes, but it doesn't have any classics. We get cartoons like Ed,Edd and Eddie, Courage, Code name Kids Next Door...things like that!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2006, 01:44:04 PM »
I always loved Bugs Bunny owning Daffy Duck and Yosimete Sam.  ;D He was badass!

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2006, 01:50:25 PM »
nothing beats the old school cartoons.......looney toons was the best.

i remember when i was a kid i could watch great cartoons on saturdays for hours non-stop. now saturdays are brutal. barely any and the ones that are on are weird shit.

anybody looking for more bugs or loonytoons just go to youtube. lots there

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2006, 02:05:12 PM »
the X-Men series from the 90's was the only other good cartoon I would watch.  i think i'm going search for some Looney Tunes stuff for my kids.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2006, 02:19:35 PM »
the X-Men series from the 90's was the only other good cartoon I would watch.  i think i'm going search for some Looney Tunes stuff for my kids.

during my search for this vid i found a looney toons website. check it out. im sure the kids will like it.....if theyre young

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2006, 02:30:42 PM »
during my search for this vid i found a looney toons website. check it out. im sure the kids will like it.....if theyre young

A little trivia....Warner Bros. cartoons were actually made for adult viewing, the next time you watch a Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc pay attention to the dialog, it's not really suited for children and some episodes even revolve around World War II, remember, those cartoons started running around 1930 or so through about 1968 or 70!

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2006, 02:40:52 PM »
Back in the late 80's I somehow had the foresight to record as many different old Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, etc. as I could find.  I ended up with nearly 36 hours of them, many of which were later edited/censored for violence, ethnic stereotypes, etc. and can't be seen anywhere anymore.  It is a truly AWESOME collection  8)

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2006, 02:54:45 PM »
I used to love the old Johnny Quest too.

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2006, 03:55:25 PM »
A little trivia....Warner Bros. cartoons were actually made for adult viewing, the next time you watch a Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, etc pay attention to the dialog, it's not really suited for children and some episodes even revolve around World War II, remember, those cartoons started running around 1930 or so through about 1968 or 70!
Alot of the cartoons of that error were just like that..Im 40 so i grew up on
bugs and the gang..
p

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2006, 04:05:32 PM »

You obviously haven't seen Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs

Warner Bros got blasted for that.

But I like how Warner Bros slipped in political and stereotypes. Peppie Le Pew as the hroner Frenchman that stinks. Yo Semitty Sam (sp) as the dumb loudmouth Texan, Foghorn Leghorn as the loud Southerner. The little Chicken Hawk, that always wanted to fight, Foghorn's nephew, who was sooo smart, but had no life. And a host of others. Many of those films were done during the war years, so I can understand some of reasons for the ploys, helll, even Disney has done it. They foretold the "Roadrage" phenomenon with their short "Mr.Wheeler" in the 1960's.

Some of the best crop of of cartoons are still done by Warner Bros.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2006, 05:00:34 PM »
You obviously haven't seen Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs

Warner Bros got blasted for that.

No, I've seen it.  :-\

But I like how Warner Bros slipped in political and stereotypes. Peppie Le Pew as the hroner Frenchman that stinks. Yo Semitty Sam (sp) as the dumb loudmouth Texan, Foghorn Leghorn as the loud Southerner. The little Chicken Hawk, that always wanted to fight, Foghorn's nephew, who was sooo smart, but had no life. And a host of others. Many of those films were done during the war years, so I can understand some of reasons for the ploys, helll, even Disney has done it. They foretold the "Roadrage" phenomenon with their short "Mr.Wheeler" in the 1960's.

Some of the best crop of of cartoons are still done by Warner Bros.

Alot of the cartoon characters are actually based on real people...caricatures of fellow animators.
The Wile E. Coyote character was actually a caricature of my friends Dad. He was a top animator for years.
w

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2006, 05:07:53 PM »
Yeah, Fritz Freeling did. I also have a cell signed by Chuck Jones when he had his studio in Corona Del Mar!

Intense,  My wife has a massive collection of Loony Tunes collectables, motion cells, proofs, and drawings, as well ask some beautiful ceramics and hard to find toys. Not to mention many hard to find cartoons on VHS, DVD and Laser disks( ya we have an old player in our entertainment system!  ;D)
X

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2006, 05:11:55 PM »
marvin the martian

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2006, 07:11:14 PM »
Intense,  My wife has a massive collection of Loony Tunes collectables, motion cells, proofs, and drawings, as well ask some beautiful ceramics and hard to find toys. Not to mention many hard to find cartoons on VHS, DVD and Laser disks( ya we have an old player in our entertainment system!  ;D)

Thats awesome.....don't ever get rid of them, they will be worth a fortune if there not already!

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2006, 07:53:24 PM »
I grew up watching the Loony Toon characters & just couldn't miss them every Sat. morning.Others I liked at the time were Felix the Cat,Rocky & Bullwinkle,Underdog & the ol Spider-Man toons.I can actually remember being really mad for the moon landing in 69 (I was 2) because it knocked all regular broadcasting off the air which meant no toons.
Does/has anyone have the name of the parodied Loony Toons x rated cartoon?Was told by a person that this exists but find it hard to believe.Anyway, in it you supposedly find out why Wyle E. Coyote was running after Roadrunner!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2006, 08:52:51 PM »
I just watched it.  That was one of my favorites.  I loved the Sat. morning cartoons as a kid

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2006, 09:07:58 PM »
I just watched it.  That was one of my favorites.  I loved the Sat. morning cartoons as a kid

i know. gotta love bugs calling the square dance  ;D