Author Topic: bugs bunny  (Read 17705 times)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Re: bugs bunny
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2006, 11:09:30 PM »
I used to know a guy that sold those cartoon cells. He made a killing, his margins were fantastic. Someone made a nice profit on your $1,500.

They sell them at the Warner Bros. stores.  My friend in Vegas has maybe 50 of them hanging all over his house of Mickey Mouse cartoons.  He has a huge collection of Mickey Mouse memorabilia.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: October 24, 2006, 12:12:38 AM »
Nope, they don't. That was the best cartoon ever created. I watched Bugs Bunny and Superfriends every saturday morning when I was a kid.

Nah.  That would be the original Flintstones.  Fred is my hero.   

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: October 24, 2006, 12:14:49 AM »

The Flinstones were great too. I also used to love reruns of Mighty Mouse.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: October 24, 2006, 12:29:26 AM »
The Flinstones were great too. I also used to love reruns of Mighty Mouse.

Most of oldies were very good.  The Jetsons, Speedy Gonzalez, Pepe Le Pew, Popeye.  They don't make them like that anymore.   :'(

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2006, 04:31:16 AM »

The Wile E. Coyote character was actually a caricature of my friends Dad. He was a top animator for years.

So your Dad was an genius inventor who made things that didn't work ;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2006, 05:36:56 AM »
So your Dad was an genius inventor who made things that didn't work ;D

No the caricature was of my friend's Dad. Most often they weren't so much about the personalities, but caricatures of the appearances. A certain physical feature or quality they could exaggerate and play on. If the character goes over well, I guess it's the animator's version of giving each each other noogey's & wedgies I guess {lol} Nothing like a 20 yr rememinder of your flaws blown way out of proportion. The cartoon character's personalities came from the writers, but mostly from the voice over artists, ...but the cells came from the animators who only controlled the drawings.

ie: You could take a pic of Rush Limbaugh and turn him into a few cells. Then have Bill Clinton voice the character. It would be Clinton breathing life into the image, which would make the character appear charming & intelligent, ...even tho it had Rush's face & bloated belly. Not necessarily reality, just an illusion. See how it works?  Ps - Wanna hear something traumatizing... Penny from Inspector Gadget, ...is really Black  :o   :D  So is Elmira from Speilberg's Animaniacs.
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2006, 08:29:33 AM »
You all know Bugs is bisexual (at best), right?  ;D

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2006, 08:35:59 AM »

I remember seeing something about Fred Flintstone being the original adult cartoon. I think it started out in primetime or if not in primetime right before or after it. I think it was being compared to The Simpsons.

I liked The Flintstones but not as much as Bugs Bunny, those cartoons were the schit.

They sell them at the Warner Bros. stores.  My friend in Vegas has maybe 50 of them hanging all over his house of Mickey Mouse cartoons.  He has a huge collection of Mickey Mouse memorabilia.

This was fifteen years ago in Boston, my girlfriend at the time used to babysit for his kids. He was the only one I'd ever heard of at the time selling them.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2006, 08:37:37 AM »
I wish the Roadrunner would get caught.

God, he pisses me off.

Meep Meep !!!

Diesel1

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2006, 10:37:20 AM »
You all know Bugs is bisexual (at best), right?  ;D

No, please enlighten us

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2006, 11:17:17 AM »
Top 10 gay cartoon characters
http://www.rainbownetwork.com/Fun/detail.asp?iData=15140&iCat=127&iChannel=20&nChannel=Fun

Who?
Bugs Bunny

Best remembered for…
Being an overconfident smartypants who takes every opportunity to run rings around his opponents. Resourceful and witty, Bugs has a cute ass too.

What`s he up to now?
Although his heyday was in the 50s, when he was produced by legendary animator Chuck Jones and super-legendary voice artist Mel Blanc, he still crops up from time to time in second-rate spin-offs.

Homo factor:
High, very, very high. Even higher than Velma from Scooby Doo, or Peppermint Patty from Peanuts. Here are the facts: 1. Has no girlfriend or even a pretence of being interested in women. 2. Bugs is a major-league drag queen. 3. He`s always surprising Elmer Fudd with a big sloppy wet kiss. 4. Often stands with his hand on his hip. 5. Loves show tunes. As one internet commentator puts is: "The message is clear. In a world of repressive heterosexuality (like, y`know, the fifties, when the cartoons were made), being openly gay is power."

Anything else we should know?
Bugs always wins.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2006, 11:26:33 AM »
Don't forget he always had that ever present phallic symbol going in & out of his mouth. {ROTFLMAO}

Do they also do an assessment of Batman & Robin too?  ;D
w

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2006, 11:41:02 AM »
Don't forget he always had that ever present phallic symbol going in & out of his mouth. {ROTFLMAO}

;D

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2006, 11:45:38 AM »
I don't think I should encourage you.  :-\
I get the feeling that by the time you're done, ...you will have outted this entire forum.  :-X  ;)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »
Bugs was straight. 

And there is no such thing as "bisexual" IMO.  You are either straight or gay.  Any man who has sex with another man is gay.  Period.  Not that there's anything wrong with being gay.   :)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2006, 02:59:50 PM »

The same company that did "Ren & Stimpy" did, it was a Sat morning cartoon paradying bodybuilders and superheros The Bat-man was call Man-Man, and Robin was Boy-Boy. They took it off the air after they did a skit involving a female "bun" and a male "hot dog"--then there were baby hot dog and buns running around

Look up Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs. Coal Black (So White) voice is done by Dorothy Dandridge's sister, and the Evil Witch is Dorothy's mother. The Jazzy soundtrack is pretty nice

The best Bat-man series has to be Batman Beyond, as it shows the original Batman schooling the new Bat-man. One could argue that that current batman series, which has a younger Batman when he is just starting out (done by the same animators that did "The Jackie Chan Show").

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2006, 03:04:58 PM »
they don't make cartoons like bugs bunny anymore. 

My favorites are when he is playing baseball, the one where he drops the hot rivets down the guys pants, the ravishing ronno wrestling one, the finster one, the one where the gangster is in the stove and he throws the match in, the one where he is in the castle and he does the monsters hair and nails. Shit, I could go on and on.
The House that Ruth built

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2006, 03:05:52 PM »
When I can find them on I'll watch them, the problem is that no networks run them anymore, the best cartoons ever made to this day are the Warner Bros. cartoons.....luckly years ago I bought just about every episode made, I even baught for a cartoon cell for $1500.00 signed by Fritz Freeling!

You must be loaded. Don't you live next to a movie star or something?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2006, 03:08:30 PM »
You obviously haven't seen Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarfs

Warner Bros got blasted for that.

But I like how Warner Bros slipped in political and stereotypes. Peppie Le Pew as the hroner Frenchman that stinks. Yo Semitty Sam (sp) as the dumb loudmouth Texan, Foghorn Leghorn as the loud Southerner. The little Chicken Hawk, that always wanted to fight, Foghorn's nephew, who was sooo smart, but had no life. And a host of others. Many of those films were done during the war years, so I can understand some of reasons for the ploys, helll, even Disney has done it. They foretold the "Roadrage" phenomenon with their short "Mr.Wheeler" in the 1960's.

Some of the best crop of of cartoons are still done by Warner Bros.

Some old Popeye cartoons, and Three Stooges episodes that were made 1939 to 1945 were banned because they were racist towards Japanese.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2006, 03:10:33 PM »
You must be loaded. Don't you live next to a movie star or something?

I'm not loaded (yet) but yes, I live next to quite a few!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2006, 03:13:50 PM »
Gigantor, Speed Racer, Deputy Dawg, Magilla Gorilla, Winky Dink, Clutch Cargo and Paddlefoot, Top Cat, Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse and their enemy the Frog, Ignatz and Crazy Cat, Commander McBragg.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2006, 06:10:23 PM »
Gigantor, Speed Racer, Deputy Dawg, Magilla Gorilla, Winky Dink, Clutch Cargo and Paddlefoot, Top Cat, Courageous Cat and Minute Mouse and their enemy the Frog, Ignatz and Crazy Cat, Commander McBragg.

Magilla Gorilla, LOL. I haven't heard that name in two decades. Wow.

What was the name of that alligator that lived in the zoo and was always getting into trouble?

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2006, 06:41:32 PM »
My favorites are when he is playing baseball, the one where he drops the hot rivets down the guys pants, the ravishing ronno wrestling one, the finster one, the one where the gangster is in the stove and he throws the match in, the one where he is in the castle and he does the monsters hair and nails. Shit, I could go on and on.

those are all awesome. i love the orange hair monster in the castle  ;D

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2006, 06:42:47 PM »
anybody else remember the laugh olympics cartoon?

man that shit ruled. wish all those cartoons would come back to saturday morn.

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2006, 06:55:13 PM »
those are all awesome. i love the orange hair monster in the castle  ;D

Thats a good trivia question Blinky- does anyone know what the the monsters name was he actually has 2
X