Author Topic: michael mcdonald???  (Read 1462 times)

redneck PT

• Getbig I
michael mcdonald???
« on: October 23, 2006, 11:46:11 AM »
How come the black sniper doesn't fight ufc or pride??? Is the pay for K1 that much higher?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: michael mcdonald???
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 06:23:19 PM »
He fought in a K-1 MMA match against Lyoto Machida and got submitted by a sweet ass forearm choke.  He's a bad ass striker, but his groundgame is nonexistant, and for what it's worth, Machida is a tough guy and the wrong person to make your MMA debut against.

Predictions
 40/61

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 12:52:43 PM »
he's not wellrounded enough for mma, he's too old to start (about 40) and he's not that good in k1 either for that matter...
good physique though  ::)
Z

redneck PT

• Getbig I
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 07:20:35 AM »
That was cool!!! I never heard of lyoto.  He's a bad dude.  That brings up another topic.  Everybody who knows anything about fighting, knows you don't have to look like a body builder to be good fighter.  Two things: how 'hungry' and how 'mean' is the fighter.

Where do these qualities come from? Title holders seem to get caught up in the fame and money and eventually lose these attributes (ie franklin, arlovski,roy jones jr).

A good fighter 'pissed-off' can beat better fighter who doesn't 'feel like' fighting on a given day.  That's what makes mma awesome.

Thanks for the replies

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:21:16 PM »
That was cool!!! I never heard of lyoto.  He's a bad dude.  That brings up another topic.  Everybody who knows anything about fighting, knows you don't have to look like a body builder to be good fighter.  Two things: how 'hungry' and how 'mean' is the fighter.

Where do these qualities come from? Title holders seem to get caught up in the fame and money and eventually lose these attributes (ie franklin, arlovski,roy jones jr).

A good fighter 'pissed-off' can beat better fighter who doesn't 'feel like' fighting on a given day.  That's what makes mma awesome.

Thanks for the replies

Machida is a game fighter from Brazil who fights for Antonio Inoki.  He has victories over Rich "Ace" Franklin (KO), Stephen "American Psycho" Bonnar (for the tuff noobs, TKO), and a decision win over BJ Penn.  His most recent win over Vernon Tiger White in the WFA.  He has good takedown skills and defense, good sub skills as well as decent clinch and stand up. 

I don't think RJJr and Ace is a good example of someone whose fame spoiled them.  RJJr was never really tested until he fought Tarver.  He couldn't solve the problem of Tarver's unorthodox style, nor could he beat him to the punch.  And when he got pushed, he showed little heart.  Ace hasn't really fought anyone who tested him as well.  Ace is also well rounded, but has shown that he can be rocked.  Who is the best striker Ace faced prior to Anderson?  Loiseau?  Rivera? Eastman?  Quarry?  RJJr's toughest fight?  Ruiz? (A can heavy with an alphabet organization's title)  Arlovski lost to Pedro Rizzo, Ricco "Big Mac" Rodriguez, and the Hillbilly Redneck that is 6'8 twice, and an early sub loss.  Who has he beat.  P. Burrito Buentello, Cabbage, Ian Freeman, Vlad the Janitor, Justin Eilers.  These fighters were either rushed along (Eilers, Cabbage, Buentello), or were undersized heavys (Vlad, Ian Freeman).  Where was the seasoned competition for any of these fighters.