Author Topic: Ladies, help!  (Read 3713 times)

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Ladies, help!
« on: October 23, 2006, 10:27:44 PM »
My girlfriend and I have been in a solid, steady relationship for almost four years. We met when we were twenty and in college and we've been living together ever since.  We love each other deeply, no major tiffs ever, no cheating, no breaks.  But here's the deal... she wants kids, i don't.  Is this hopeless?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: Ladies, help!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2006, 11:51:26 PM »
I apologize for posting before reading the rules.  my bad, blame it on male pattern blindness.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 06:18:27 AM »
I received your PM Traps.  You are welcome here  :)
R

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
  • Mens sana in corpore sano.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 07:16:17 AM »
If you really don't want kids and you still want to be together, get a vasectomy.  If you've made it clear to her you don't want children, you don't want to get trapped later on.  It won't be really great for a child growing up who sees that their father doesn't really want them.  You might change your mind, and she might think she can change your mind.  But this is a big "if". 

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 01:47:07 PM »
The other solution is for him to simply keep it in his pants if he truly doesn't want kids... no?
w

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »
The other solution is for him to simply keep it in his pants if he truly doesn't want kids... no?

blasphemy!  Just buy a dog instead. 

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 05:07:30 PM »

That is not very realistic to me.  Bringing a child into the world when you don't want one is a terrible thing. 

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 12:39:44 AM »

Well, thats what "the pill" is for, and we take other precautions as well.  Yes, abstinence is absolute... but it doesn't always equal a fulfilling relationship.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 01:19:01 AM »
Take her to Chuck E Cheese or Toys R Us.  She won't want any kids after seeing how they are.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 07:02:53 AM »
Take her to Chuck E Cheese or Toys R Us.  She won't want any kids after seeing how they are.

;D ;D LOL
So very true though!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 07:19:54 AM »
Unless he is a priest, that is impossible.

PB

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 08:09:22 AM »

hahah.  Il ike kids but i went there for a kids b-day party my friend was throwing.  i lasted about 30 minutes, before i found a corner with the other fed up people and drank pitchers of beer until it was over.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »
Well congrats on the 4 year thing dude.

But maybe you should sit down with her and discuss why you dont want them, even pull out a pro con sheet detailing, not why you don't want one but how your not ready and it's not the right time. It's a serious issue serious enough where women WILL see a side of you they overlooked perhaps and by natural instincts look for someone that does want kids. But you for sure need to talk about this one, what if she got pregnant tommorow, what would you do? Make this talk crystal clear bro...one word...two words..child support...just throwing it out there

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 07:56:54 PM »
If you do choose to have a vasectomy, all I suggest is that you tell her about it upfront, and beforehand.
w

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 10:33:57 PM »
My girlfriend and I have been in a solid, steady relationship for almost four years. We met when we were twenty and in college and we've been living together ever since.  We love each other deeply, no major tiffs ever, no cheating, no breaks.  But here's the deal... she wants kids, i don't.  Is this hopeless?

you claim 2 be in love yet you dont wanna have kids with her...

i call bulshit and i'd call a lot worse if this wasn't  a kinder gentler place...

if i ws in love i'd be honoured and flattered if my girl trusted me enough to make her prego....

wake the fuck up...

you've forgotton what love is...dont throw that word around loosely  (is that 1 o?)
anyhow..i digress..
carpe` vaginum!

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 11:52:35 PM »
Bringing children into the world has nothing to do with loving her, that has to do with family starting and more accurately, breeding.  Any two fertile morons can have children, it does not take love (which is unfortunate for many a child).  The proof that i love her is in the fact that i would not ask her to a lifetime comittment knowing that she wants children and i don't, that would not be fair to her. its like the old saying "true love is letting go..."

for youandme:  we have talked about these things, and the only pro i can find is that it would ensure i would stay with her forever, which would be great for me... but not for the child/children.  They can sense from a very early age when a situation is wrong, and thats emotionaly damaging.  The cons include: less time for each other, less time to sleep, less money, living your life for someone else, sleepless nigts altogether, less time for personal stuff.

When i am not going to school or working i'm a musician (i know all the women who've dated musicians just groaned and rolled their eyes,  i would agree with their reaction) and that requires a lot of time.  Do i want to be a "rock star," yes.  Is it likely? hell no.  That is why i also do production and recording.  I am not a druggy or an alcoholic or any of the other musician cliche's.  I sing and write songs and that requires a good chunk of time, something i would never be willing to give up.  People who give up have mid life crisis, which is another thing i would like to avoid.  I know there are some snickering, but i think i am being pretty blunt about the requirements needed for children and the lifestyle i lead... it doesn't mix well. 

For the time being we kinda agree that we're just pretending, and we know we'll end up getting hurt.  We soothe ourselves on the notion that one of us might change our minds with age, but its doubtful.

She comes from a big family, the youngest of seven.  They didn't have a lot growing up and family was important to them.  They had one room for the girls (4) and one room for the boys (3).  as one could guess, she is the only one who hasn't had a child yet.

Me, i am the youngest of two, i was a somewhat priviledged child, the son of a minor celebrity and was encouraged at a young age to be my own person, and thusly family was important, but certainly not the ultimate goal.  We come from very different worlds, with very different goals.  For her, i think family was the conveyed goal.  For me, it was probably to be a success in some field.

Honestly, i wish i wanted kids, it would make things a helluva lot easier.  But i don't.  I've always hated kids and the way they dominate society even though they contribute nothing  (anyone ever feel that if they see one more commercial with a baby in it that they're gonna break the TV?).  Kids smell, they are dirty, they are a pain in the ass, to me at least.  I am a selfish person and i'll admit it.  I don't want to do anything else but what i want to do, and kids aren't in that plan.  I like school, i like my work and i love music and my girlfriend and all i've ever really wanted is to have all that and a dog... and i do have all that, which is enough for me, but not for her... babies complete her circle for some odd reason.  So yeah, i think its plain to see that its hopeless, but maybe y'all can add something or impart some advice for me/us. peace.

Chamorrita

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2006, 12:17:43 PM »
TML,

You don't seem to need anyone's advice here.  You seem to have your head on straight.  I hope your girl doesn't waste her time any more though.  If your girl friend is at that time in her life where she wants to marry and start a family, she should be with someone with the same goals as she.  Good luck!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2006, 01:58:42 PM »
Bringing children into the world has nothing to do with loving her, that has to do with family starting and more accurately, breeding.  Any two fertile morons can have children, it does not take love (which is unfortunate for many a child).  The proof that i love her is in the fact that i would not ask her to a lifetime comittment knowing that she wants children and i don't, that would not be fair to her. its like the old saying "true love is letting go..."

for youandme:  we have talked about these things, and the only pro i can find is that it would ensure i would stay with her forever, which would be great for me... but not for the child/children.  They can sense from a very early age when a situation is wrong, and thats emotionaly damaging.  The cons include: less time for each other, less time to sleep, less money, living your life for someone else, sleepless nigts altogether, less time for personal stuff.

When i am not going to school or working i'm a musician (i know all the women who've dated musicians just groaned and rolled their eyes,  i would agree with their reaction) and that requires a lot of time.  Do i want to be a "rock star," yes.  Is it likely? hell no.  That is why i also do production and recording.  I am not a druggy or an alcoholic or any of the other musician cliche's.  I sing and write songs and that requires a good chunk of time, something i would never be willing to give up.  People who give up have mid life crisis, which is another thing i would like to avoid.  I know there are some snickering, but i think i am being pretty blunt about the requirements needed for children and the lifestyle i lead... it doesn't mix well. 

For the time being we kinda agree that we're just pretending, and we know we'll end up getting hurt.  We soothe ourselves on the notion that one of us might change our minds with age, but its doubtful.

She comes from a big family, the youngest of seven.  They didn't have a lot growing up and family was important to them.  They had one room for the girls (4) and one room for the boys (3).  as one could guess, she is the only one who hasn't had a child yet.

Me, i am the youngest of two, i was a somewhat priviledged child, the son of a minor celebrity and was encouraged at a young age to be my own person, and thusly family was important, but certainly not the ultimate goal.  We come from very different worlds, with very different goals.  For her, i think family was the conveyed goal.  For me, it was probably to be a success in some field.

What I truly don't understand is why you even feel the need to justify your choices to people in this forum.
Just because some people think it's a failure to NOT have children, doesn't mean you have to buy into it, or justify yourself. You know what you want, that's all that counts.

Honestly, i wish i wanted kids, it would make things a helluva lot easier.  But i don't.  I've always hated kids and the way they dominate society even though they contribute nothing  (anyone ever feel that if they see one more commercial with a baby in it that they're gonna break the TV?).  Kids smell, they are dirty, they are a pain in the ass, to me at least.  I am a selfish person and i'll admit it.  I don't want to do anything else but what i want to do, and kids aren't in that plan.  I like school, i like my work and i love music and my girlfriend and all i've ever really wanted is to have all that and a dog... and i do have all that, which is enough for me, but not for her... babies complete her circle for some odd reason.  So yeah, i think its plain to see that its hopeless, but maybe y'all can add something or impart some advice for me/us. peace.

Holy Cow! Dude, ...you need to go get snipped... FAST! {lol}
Good Luck in sorting things out with the girlfriend.
w