Author Topic: What is real beauty?  (Read 27302 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: What is real beauty?
« Reply #75 on: October 24, 2006, 01:44:34 PM »
what is she holding back on camera for if she is so scary beautiful in person..?

I didn't say she's scary beautiful, ...but she is an attractive woman, far more so than what comes across on camera. My personal theory is, it's probably a combination of her not being photogenic, and people being lazy about shooting her properly. Afterall, she is a comedienne and not a sex pot, ...so they don't care. btw - my statement that she's not photogenic isn't to imply she unattractive. There are just some people that the camera doesn't like. They look much better in person than on film. And then there are those who look like crap in person, ...but the camera has a love affair with them nonetheless.
w

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #76 on: October 24, 2006, 01:48:55 PM »
I didn't say she's scary beautiful, ...but she is an attractive woman, far more so than what comes across on camera. My personal theory is, it's probably a combination of her not being photogenic, and people being lazy about shooting her properly. Afterall, she is a comedienne and not a sex pot, ...so they don't care. btw - my statement that she's not photogenic isn't to imply she unattractive. There are just some people that the camera doesn't like. They look much better in person than on film. And then there are those who look like crap in person, ...but the camera has a love affair with them nonetheless.

I would say IMHO that the camera hates her because she from what i have seen is not attractive. That being said I like her comedy and she comes accross like a really cool person that would be fun to hang with.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #77 on: October 24, 2006, 01:54:44 PM »
I would say IMHO that the camera hates her because she from what i have seen is not attractive. That being said I like her comedy and she comes accross like a really cool person that would be fun to hang with.

That about sums it up.  I agree.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: October 24, 2006, 01:56:59 PM »

There are very few people that cannot be groomed, prepped, and coifed in such a way as to highlight their strong points and diminish their shortcomings to such an extent that they appear attractive.  There are just some people who look better in person than they do on film.  :-\  Maybe that's the real beauty. That quality that can reach out and speak to another human being, but incapable of being captured by a mere macine
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: October 24, 2006, 02:00:47 PM »
I think guys who don't have guts enough to share their pictures have no business posting on a women's board calling a woman they do not know, and have never met unattractive based on nothing more than superficial & subjective qualities. That hardly makes for a nice cozy place for women to feel comfortable.  :-\
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: October 24, 2006, 02:01:54 PM »
 ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: October 24, 2006, 02:11:23 PM »
And to add to my  ::)  I do think there is subjective and objective beauty.  I'd say women like Vanessa Williams, Nicole Kidman, and Gabrielle Union are objectively pretty.  People like Whoopi, Anjelica Huston, and Lyle Lovett are not objectively pretty/handsome.   

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: October 24, 2006, 02:27:22 PM »
anjelica huston is a striking woman. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #83 on: October 24, 2006, 02:29:20 PM »
There are very few people that cannot be groomed, prepped, and coifed in such a way as to highlight their strong points and diminish their shortcomings to such an extent that they appear attractive.  There are just some people who look better in person than they do on film.  :-\  Maybe that's the real beauty. That quality that can reach out and speak to another human being, but incapable of being captured by a mere macine

go jag

and ps:  I so loved the post you made 3 months ago about how being beautiful gets tiresome...  enough people want you and you get sick and tired and go home and hide and rest.   honest to god,

hi i came home again.
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: October 24, 2006, 02:31:48 PM »

she's amazing i met her a few times.  She didn't hit me, she's not that striking.  She's just really beautiful.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: October 24, 2006, 02:38:51 PM »

Strikingly what?   :)  She falls under the subjective category IMO.  Some consider her beautiful.  Some think she looks like a man. 

I think Glenn Close is another.  My wife thinks Close is pretty.  I think she's really ugly. 

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2006, 02:40:58 PM »
Strikingly what?   :)  She falls under the subjective category IMO.  Some consider her beautiful.  Some think she looks like a man. 

I think Glenn Close is another.  My wife thinks Close is pretty.  I think she's really ugly. 

I don't think Huston or Close is beautiful . . . but i have a feeling that if I was in a room with them, I'd have a hard time looking away. something about the person rivets the attention.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #87 on: October 24, 2006, 02:42:24 PM »
I don't think Huston or Close is beautiful . . . but i have a feeling that if I was in a room with them, I'd have a hard time looking away. something about the person rivets the attention.

Ah so.  I agree. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2006, 03:00:11 PM »
look, we are talking real beauty here.

that is within, and is talent and whatever. 

backup
do not just judge the outer facade.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2006, 03:11:53 PM »
ps:  some of the women you are chatting about were gorgeous in their younger days.

perhaps you're just saying they're getting older?

but that is real beauty.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2006, 03:31:13 PM »
look, we are talking real beauty here.

that is within, and is talent and whatever. 

backup
do not just judge the outer facade.

Yes true beauty comes from within, but if you're telling me you and many others don't judge "the outer facade," I will call you a liar.    :)  Don't tell me you've never looked at someone and thought they were, superficially, pretty or ugly, beautiful or hideous, etc. 

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2006, 03:34:13 PM »
   Cameras hate me.   :(   

I photo like yuck-y.      :P

me too.  I will not do my 15 minutes of fame.  I turn the over way when the fucking news cameras come at me.

xL

don't know what I'm saving myself for, but I'm so not doing it.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2006, 03:39:45 PM »
Yes true beauty comes from within, but if you're telling me you and many others don't judge "the outer facade," I will call you a liar.    :)  Don't tell me you've never looked at someone and thought they were, superficially, pretty or ugly, beautiful or hideous, etc. 

of course, in a flash.

but I don't judge a person by what they look like.

just the men I sleep with.  I need to keep my eyes open.

xL

ps:  I don't get laid that much, i'm too picky.  although as I get older I've realised that my tastes have not changed, which is going to become a problem.  Although I'm over 40, I still only like the fit young ones I liked when I was their age.

oops
Linda

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2006, 04:40:11 PM »
HEYYYYYY! What happened to my thread. I go away and work for an hour and this is what happens. Bunch of superficial people  :'(

PS.  Miggy, how come you never sent me a pic of you? I'm hurt now.  :(

you never asked, besides it's a two way street, lol. ;)

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2006, 06:06:02 AM »
I think guys who don't have guts enough to share their pictures have no business posting on a women's board calling a woman they do not know, and have never met unattractive based on nothing more than superficial & subjective qualities. That hardly makes for a nice cozy place for women to feel comfortable.  :-\

Ok thats fair I will post a picture of myself so I can comment on women if you stop posting about the US goverment until you hold a position in the goverment. ::) Really are you kidding me, I wade thru pages and pages of your "opinions" and at what time do you think I need to have a copy of your resume to see if you have the right to comment or not. That was just silly.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2006, 06:54:36 AM »
You missed Jag's point.  She is dead right and you are out to lunch on this one.
Play nice or take your ball and go home!  >:(

"Screw you guys, I'm going home"
- Eric Cartman
Just Bad Bad Blood!

newmom

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2006, 07:09:17 AM »
it is sad and migsy u just rock in my book...

its a shame..men wont see a woman walking down the street and say wow bet she a great personality they will look at the outside first

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2006, 07:26:22 AM »
Inner beauty is extremely important but the reality of the matter is that attraction is equally as important too. Inner beauty and qualities just get overlooked. The reality of the matter is that no one wants to be with someone that they find un-attractive.

PB

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2006, 07:27:35 AM »
You missed Jag's point.  She is dead right and you are out to lunch on this one.
Play nice or take your ball and go home!  >:(

"Screw you guys, I'm going home"
- Eric Cartman

No I think you did. She said we can't comment on someone unless we can be held up to the same standard. She brought up whoopie as someone who looked better in real life and not so well on film and I said I agree because on film she is not what "I" would call attractive, I stated she may me a nice person and fun to hang with but I do not think she is in any way pretty "to me". Its not like I brought it up as a slam or was attacking anybody. You really should read the whole conversation first next time.

Always Sore

• Getbig V
  • Catch it..Like herpes!
« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2006, 07:33:47 AM »
it is sad and migsy u just rock in my book...

its a shame..men wont see a woman walking down the street and say wow bet she a great personality they will look at the outside first
Yea its all the men doing this but ladies always see the nice guy inside.Bull@#$! don't even try to pass off the looks don't matter speech as a guy problem, its a people problem. You could meet the best guy in the world sweet,caring,generous but if he had a hump and 3 eyes and smelled of poop you would look the other way also. If you say no then your lying.I am the first to say it takes more then looks to stay with someone but you are wrong to think its a one way street.

Plus not to slam Miggy Po (in my book the guy is a ace) but you only see what he wants you to see, this is not reality and if you think he is a sweet puppy dog and not a regular guy like everybody else your wrong there also.

oh before anybody gets upset this is a response not a attack so relax.