Author Topic: PDI Haters  (Read 2422 times)

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
PDI Haters
« on: October 24, 2006, 01:58:39 PM »
Sorry had to rename topic.
I dont understand all the hating going on for the PDI. I have only been involved in bodybuilding since the 02 Olympia PPV and got hooked. In that short time I saw what appeared to be a once mighty federation fall by the side of the road. This happened from what I have seen by treating athletes poorly. Treating the fans like idiots. And finally no respect for fans, athletes and sponcerships as a whole industry. The PDI seems to want to change that. And true while Mr.Demilla does not have a sterling reputation, It seems that either he has changed his ways or perhaps he never really was in charge before and was just carrying out the non sensical ravings of two brothers who signed his paychecks. Everyone can change for the better, and anyone can make something better. Just as Vince MacMahon changed Pro wrestling and burried the AWA,NWA,WCW,and WCCW, and Art Daivie created the UFC destroying the PKA and WKA, perhaps the PDI, wich seems to be much more fan and athlete friendly will destroy the IFBB. All it will take to bury the IFBB is a PPV contract. The PDI has already showed in can lure top Pro's awaywith just money non politics. How long does anyone think it will be before the athletes see themselves on TV, to jump ship. Just think the IFBB can produce one PPV a month, but wont. If Mr. Demilla does this the face of bodybuilding will change forever.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: PDI Haters
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »
LOL @ all the people who said "There will NEVER be a night of champions."

LOL twice @ all the people who said "Ok, the NOC happened, but there will NEVER be a British NOC".

RHINO290

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 02:09:51 PM »
Sorry had to rename topic.
I dont understand all the hating going on for the PDI. I have only been involved in bodybuilding since the 02 Olympia PPV and got hooked. In that short time I saw what appeared to be a once mighty federation fall by the side of the road. This happened from what I have seen by treating athletes poorly. Treating the fans like idiots. And finally no respect for fans, athletes and sponcerships as a whole industry. The PDI seems to want to change that. And true while Mr.Demilla does not have a sterling reputation, It seems that either he has changed his ways or perhaps he never really was in charge before and was just carrying out the non sensical ravings of two brothers who signed his paychecks. Everyone can change for the better, and anyone can make something better. Just as Vince MacMahon changed Pro wrestling and burried the AWA,NWA,WCW,and WCCW, and Art Daivie created the UFC destroying the PKA and WKA, perhaps the PDI, wich seems to be much more fan and athlete friendly will destroy the IFBB. All it will take to bury the IFBB is a PPV contract. The PDI has already showed in can lure top Pro's awaywith just money non politics. How long does anyone think it will be before the athletes see themselves on TV, to jump ship. Just think the IFBB can produce one PPV a month, but wont. If Mr. Demilla does this the face of bodybuilding will change forever.

thank you for mentioning that we are more "fan freindly" That is important to me....

Good subject.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 02:16:43 PM »
Yeah.

They sure are drinking the Haterade.  ::)

Keep on drinking that Haterade, the PDI'ers will only use it to fuel their supercharged workouts in dungeons, all over the world...

FFS mang, how old are ye?

12?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »

LOL twice @ all the people who said "Ok, the NOC happened, but there will NEVER be a British NOC".

Guilty as charged. But I'm coming around....this PDI thing looks like it might stick.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 02:28:39 PM »

Exactly man, I hope it succeeds, it will be way better for bodybuilding. The more the competition, the better things will be.

I just dont get why everyone wants the PDI to fail. Any thoughts on this???

anvil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 02:30:08 PM »
If it can just make it one more year, it could make it for good.  Needs a lot more defectors from the ifbb still.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 02:32:26 PM »
I bet if Wayne could make a good enough pitch he could get Dexter. That would be a real coup
I min/max my physique

MasterJoey

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 02:42:22 PM »
Dear Rhino, Wish you well in your carreer. I hope for the PDI to do well and promote more in the US. I think A Texas show would be great. The third coast is a haven for up and comers and seems to be a destination point for Pro's leaving the west and east coast. I myself am a retired military man involved in graphic design and would love to work with the PDI. I think that the PDI is providing a positive enviorement for the up and comers. I remember last year that the IFBB came out with an edict of more aesthetic looks and those who came to the Olympia looking better where punished for it. Size is the only thing that seems to matter in the IFBB (see europa and olympia). While aesthetics and showmanship, which the crowds come to see are being showcased in the PDI. The NPC and IFBB will no lomger get my money. I spent about 2 grand at the europa show and felt really ripped off. This next year, im going to spend that money at a PDI show.