Author Topic: Help  (Read 2175 times)

body88

Help
« on: October 24, 2006, 04:42:45 PM »
Hey guys never come in here so if I pissed of a knowledable person who can help me I am sorry! I am bulking. I got my bf tested today and it was 13.8 percent I feel it is getting to high. I am consuming 3650 - 3750 clean cals per day. I have gained 9 lbs in the last  the last  6 weeks. I am doing 30 min of cardio 4 times per week. My activity is a bit lower with my new job. But I get out to walk the dog and do other activities every day. I would say my activity level is moderate minus the cardio.

My question is how much should I scale back on my cals? At  I was going to bring them down to 3300 or 3200. Keep all other factors the same and see how much I weighed in 7 days.

Good plan?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
Re: Help
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 04:47:59 PM »
I'd say thats a good plan. You know your body more than anyone else. For me im super carb sensitive. and I respond well to cardio. If I just cut my calories from carbs and up my cardio by one session and 15min longer each session I'll shred up nice and quick. I've always been worried about that too with the job, all i do at mine is sit!
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 05:14:41 PM »
Do you think there is a possibility I can replace bodyfat with muscle?What I am saying is, stay the same scale weight but replace some fat with muscle. Since I am bulking I know I am not going to be ripped. But I do not want to diet then start bulking again.

Sigh, I need a 3300 cal plan with proper ratios : (

Anyone wanna help?

body88

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 09:01:03 PM »
Bump

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 10:27:03 PM »
13.8 is not bad at all.

but you can still lose more bodyfat while gaining muscle if thats what you are trying to do.

rather than making that change with your caloric intake,  i would take a look at your macronutirent levels and meal frequency...there should be some adjustments you can make there.

body88

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »
13.8 is not bad at all.

but you can still lose more bodyfat while gaining muscle if thats what you are trying to do.

rather than making that change with your caloric intake,  i would take a look at your macronutirent levels and meal frequency...there should be some adjustments you can make there.

Can you elaborate more? I eat 6 meals per day. I may be taking int to many carb cals? More almonds?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 08:52:32 AM »
Can you elaborate more? I eat 6 meals per day. I may be taking int to many carb cals? More almonds?

yes it could be too many carbs...taking away some of those calories from carbs and replacing them with protein at good fats can definetly have an impact on your body composition.

can you post what your current diet looks like?

body88

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 10:23:28 AM »
Sample

wake up...    4 scoops iso pure 8 ounces egg whites in a shake 1 banana  630 cals 125 grams carbs

lunch..... 2 96 percent lean burgers 2 slices fat free cheese on wheat rolls.  800 cals  50 carbs?

dinner...... 8 ounces chicken 2 servings wheat pasta w sauce   700 calls 50 carbs

meal 4.....   It can vary but  I will put something typical.... stone ground wheat chicken nuggets (natural food) with some ketchup.. so 600 cals 3 grams sat fat no trans fat 45 grams carbs

meal 5.... serving of almonds and a juice box (apple)  320 cals 25 grams carbs

meal 6......   8 ounces egg white 2 scoops isopure whey 2scoops ultra fuel   50 grams carb 75 protein 0 fat
sometimes go over and eat a banana to bring me to 3750

about   325  350 grams carbs....  3650 - 3800 cals total ....  250 grams pro....  dont know about the fats. had the bf checked again since I have it done 2 days in a row to get a more accurate reading... today it was 14.5... first reading 13.8 second 14.5. I do not want to go above 15 on my bulk. I actually want to be down around 12. but I do not want to lose scale weight. Just stay the same and bring up my mass slowly while dropping the bf a few points. Then I will ass more cals. Basically I want to drop my bf to 12 or 13 slowly while adding mass and not losing scale weight. I have hovered at the same weight and dropped bf before yet added a little muscle. Then after I accomplish that I want to add some cals and gain weight and try to stay 13 percent or under. 15 is to high for me.

2 hours cardio per week. Just for health purposes I do `15 min 4 days a week and half an hour on my off days. train 5 days a week 1 bp per session.

body88

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 11:07:10 AM »
Bump, for being impatient!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 11:15:08 AM »
yo 88, I don't really like the meal plan. Thats just my opinion. heres what I do on an average day:
get up 2 scoops ON whey with water before cardio
Meal 1: about 2 cups of eggs....mostly egg whites but usually about 3 yolks
            1/2 cup dry oats
             Apple

Meal 2: chicken breast 1/2 cup rice and some broccolli
Meal 3: Mesotech MRP bar and 40g protein shake.
Meal 4: Chicken Breast 1/2 cup rice and some broccolli
Meal 5: Pre workout (1/4 cup oats,banana, 2.5 scoops whey,table spoon peanut butter)
*sip half a gaterade through workout
Meal 6: Post workout: rest of the gaterade and another shake just like the preworkout.

Meal 7: right before bed I have a can of tuna and a glass of water. (i rinse my tuna underwater in a strainer to rid of extra sodium and it helps the aweful taste)
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 11:21:42 AM »
yo 88, I don't really like the meal plan. Thats just my opinion. heres what I do on an average day:
get up 2 scoops ON whey with water before cardio
Meal 1: about 2 cups of eggs....mostly egg whites but usually about 3 yolks
            1/2 cup dry oats
             Apple

Meal 2: chicken breast 1/2 cup rice and some broccolli
Meal 3: Mesotech MRP bar and 40g protein shake.
Meal 4: Chicken Breast 1/2 cup rice and some broccolli
Meal 5: Pre workout (1/4 cup oats,banana, 2.5 scoops whey,table spoon peanut butter)
*sip half a gaterade through workout
Meal 6: Post workout: rest of the gaterade and another shake just like the preworkout.

Meal 7: right before bed I have a can of tuna and a glass of water. (i rinse my tuna underwater in a strainer to rid of extra sodium and it helps the aweful taste)

Sounds good but I am bulking... I do not like tuna. Wish I did. Just cannot eat it.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 11:32:23 AM »

Sounds good but I am bulking... I do not like tuna. Wish I did. Just cannot eat it.
ok right your bulking sorry my bad. then i'd just up my carbs and replace meal 4 with a redmeat meal.
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 11:34:55 AM »
ok right your bulking sorry my bad. then i'd just up my carbs and replace meal 4 with a redmeat meal.

Thanks for the advice. My problem is I want to lower the carb intake and up the good fats. I think that may help me stay leaner along with scaling back about 300 cals per day. Low carb high cal low fat food?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 11:38:49 AM »
Low carb high cal low fat food?
hmmm umm peanut butter, flax oil, fish,trailmix,eggs. I donno you can try www.calorieking.com just type any food in and you'l get the nutrition info.  its fun, even restaurants.
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 01:21:36 PM »
yes it could be too many carbs...taking away some of those calories from carbs and replacing them with protein at good fats can definetly have an impact on your body composition.

can you post what your current diet looks like?

Hey bro I posted my diet... Thanks for the help. I think I should get my carbs down around 200 - 250. Then increase my good fats and other low carb low fat foods. Check out the diet.

Thanks bro

body88

« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 01:50:58 PM »
This board blows dick  >:(

SuperStu

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 02:04:26 PM »
This board blows dick  >:(
haha why you say that?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 02:32:01 PM »
Sample

wake up...    4 scoops iso pure 8 ounces egg whites in a shake 1 banana  630 cals 125 grams carbs

lunch..... 2 96 percent lean burgers 2 slices fat free cheese on wheat rolls.  800 cals  50 carbs?

dinner...... 8 ounces chicken 2 servings wheat pasta w sauce   700 calls 50 carbs

meal 4.....   It can vary but  I will put something typical.... stone ground wheat chicken nuggets (natural food) with some ketchup.. so 600 cals 3 grams sat fat no trans fat 45 grams carbs

meal 5.... serving of almonds and a juice box (apple)  320 cals 25 grams carbs

meal 6......   8 ounces egg white 2 scoops isopure whey 2scoops ultra fuel   50 grams carb 75 protein 0 fat
sometimes go over and eat a banana to bring me to 3750

about   325  350 grams carbs....  3650 - 3800 cals total ....  250 grams pro.... 

i agree that you should lower the carb intake by about 100-150g...you could vary the daily intake depending upon your activity level that particular day...but in general i would say the 200-250g range would be good.

i'm wondering if you added up your protein correctly...i believe that isopure is 50g per 2 scoops...so the 4 scoops plus the egg whites would put that shake well over 100g of protein.

in looking at your meal plan there would be a couple of things i would change.

the first thing i would do is put in a post workout shake...they are especially important when trying to gain lean muscle...whey isolate or hydrolyzed whey with simple sugars...glucose/maltodextrin or waxy maize...dont count those carbs towards your total...get your meal in about 1 hour or so after your training session.

i would also change up your last shake...i assume this shake is taken sometime around bedtime?...i would either go with a straight casein shake...casein is the best choice before bed because of its slower absorbtion and excellent amino acid profile...or if you are going to stick to the whey, i would lose the banana and ultra fuel and mix in a spoon or 2 on natural peanut butter.

decide where you want to take out some of the carb calories...what i would do is lose the night time banana and apple juice and maybe cut the pasta from 2 servings to 1...i also see that you dont have any vegtables in there...you may want to mix in a serving or 2.

replace some of those carb cals with good fats...i would go with 3-5 tablespoons of efa's a day...you could also use some cottage cheese and some natural peanut butter.

body88

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 03:27:24 PM »
Thanks jmt... The 4 scops in the morning are ultra fuel... That is a carb suppliment. I use it to get a mix of simple and complex carbs. That will be gone. 100 grams of carbs right there. So i am gonig to remove that and replace it with good fats.

Thanks for all the help guys. what are calorie dense foods that are low carb low fat. Gonna be tough to get 3350 cals on 200 grams of carbs?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 03:34:52 PM »
Thanks jmt... The 4 scops in the morning are ultra fuel... That is a carb suppliment. I use it to get a mix of simple and complex carbs. That will be gone. 100 grams of carbs right there. So i am gonig to remove that and replace it with good fats.

Thanks for all the help guys. what are calorie dense foods that are low carb low fat. Gonna be tough to get 3350 cals on 200 grams of carbs?

no problem.

you should consider putting in that post workout shake also...it can really make a big difference.

body88

« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 03:37:59 PM »
no problem.

you should consider putting in that post workout shake also...it can really make a big difference.

I will def do that. How can I get all my cals without going over 250 grams? howe much good fat is to much good fat?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:58 PM »

I will def do that. How can I get all my cals without going over 250 grams? howe much good fat is to much good fat?

dont count those pwo simple sugars towards your total.

i wouldnt focus so much on hitting the exact number of calories...focus more on finding the best macronutrient ratios that work well for you and keeping up with the meal frequency...make this adjustment now with your carbs and fat intake and take note of any changes in body composition.

for your good fats i would take in about 3-5 tablespoons of a good efa...you could put in a couple yolks with your eggs whites...i also like cottage cheese and natural peanut butter.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:13 PM »
jm, about how many grams of fat per day do you shoot for with using foods like these??
bodybuildersreality.com

body88

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 04:34:55 PM »
dont count those pwo simple sugars towards your total.

i wouldnt focus so much on hitting the exact number of calories...focus more on finding the best macronutrient ratios that work well for you and keeping up with the meal frequency...make this adjustment now with your carbs and fat intake and take note of any changes in body composition.

for your good fats i would take in about 3-5 tablespoons of a good efa...you could put in a couple yolks with your eggs whites...i also like cottage cheese and natural peanut butter.

Right, but how much of my caloric intake should I base off efa's and things like almonds and pistachios? Which carbs do I not count towards my totals? Sorry to repeat. There is only 80 cals in a full egg and massive amonts of fat, So I do not think I will go that route.

I feel like not  counting my carbs on those two meals would equal out to about the same carb count I was eating before. Since I would eat a carb dense meal after I worked out before. For ex... a large turkey on wheat, plain(just turkey and lettuce) from subway.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »
i just meant not to count the simple sugars you take in post workout...you need that shake to replenish muscle glycogen and shuttle in the nutrients needed to recover and repair from your workout...with the other adjustments you make in your meals you shouldnt have a problem getting into that range 200-250 range.

as far as the fat intake i would go with about 20% of your total calories...like i said once you start taking away some carbs and adding the fats just keep note of your body comp measurements....dependin g on how you respond you can continue to make further adjustments till you find the ratios that work best for you.