Author Topic: Nasser El Sonbaty - Nasser Nights and More Stories  (Read 748442 times)

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
Nasser El Sonbaty - Nasser Nights and More Stories
« on: October 25, 2006, 04:40:33 AM »
Is Nasser still competing? He had a great physic, what was his best mr. O position?

S

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Re: Nasser El Sombaty
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 05:00:18 AM »
Where have you been?  Try to keep up.

http://musclememory.com/show.php?a=El+Sonbaty,+Nasser

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 05:03:08 AM »
Nasser is not competing anymore but I've seen recent pics of him over the last few years and he still look amazingly huge- he has held his size much more than other retired pros.  He was always underrated, underscored.  Also, he was known for being a really friendly pro when he guest posed, etc..

Mike

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 06:19:48 AM »
hey Bay, i bet if Nasser didnt shave for like 6 months, you'd be all over that huh, Muscle Bears rule,

open Buck Season  ;D

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:44:33 PM »
hey Bay, i bet if Nasser didnt shave for like 6 months, you'd be all over that huh, Muscle Bears rule,

open Buck Season  ;D

Why wait?  I'll take him right now.  ;D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2006, 12:48:42 PM »
Nasser is not competing anymore but I've seen recent pics of him over the last few years and he still look amazingly huge- he has held his size much more than other retired pros.  He was always underrated, underscored.  Also, he was known for being a really friendly pro when he guest posed, etc..

Mike
really? thats good to hear. I heard that he was an asshole which always made me not like him much. I also heard that he used to tell kids the secret to getting big was cat food so the kids would run out right away and go buy a bunch of cat food. I hope those are just fake rumors then.
bodybuildersreality.com

FLEX N FREAK

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2006, 02:11:48 PM »
lmao ;D

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 02:33:32 PM »
Nasser was the best BB ever.

A Ron Coleman with calves, good abs and not pregnant. :D

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2006, 02:34:29 PM »
Nasser was the best BB ever.

A Ron Coleman with calves, good abs and not pregnant. :D
his back was never coleman quality.
bodybuildersreality.com

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2006, 06:10:40 PM »
his back was never coleman quality.
His back cost him at least one Olympia...

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2006, 06:13:38 PM »
His back cost him at least one Olympia...

Yup but he had it from the front.
Howard
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 06:37:24 PM »
I'll take care of his back.  ;D

Voice of Doom

• Getbig IV
  • Everything is under control.
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 06:43:59 PM »
Is it me, or was that pretty awful form in that video?  It seemed like he was doing barbell rows standing almost straight up and raising the weight barely inches...and machine rows where you lean way back?  Isn't that basically bicep work? 

or have I been training wrong for awhile?!!

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 06:46:45 PM »
Go ahead Bay have at him if his website is still up you can have at his worn posing gear.  How could any idiot sell that on his site? 
Truly STOP WHINING

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 07:32:16 PM »
Go ahead Bay have at him if his website is still up you can have at his worn posing gear.  How could any idiot sell that on his site? 

Sorry.  Not interested in posing gear from him or anyone else;  I’ve never understood people’s interest in that sort of thing, but fetishes aren’t necessarily meant to be understood--especially by the people who don’t share them.  They are simply meant to be enjoyed by the people who do.  btw, before you judge too harshly it’s worth remembering that everyone has fetishes.  I’d venture to say that everyone on this board has a muscle fetish to some degree.

I doubt Nasser came up with the idea of selling his posing gear on his own.  He probably got many requests from people who offered to pay for it and gave in to the power of the marketplace.  Does that make him an idiot?  I don't think so.  If I had throngs of admirers willing to pay for my articles of used clothing I’d probably sell them too.  Wouldn’t you?

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2006, 11:31:45 AM »
Is it me, or was that pretty awful form in that video?  It seemed like he was doing barbell rows standing almost straight up and raising the weight barely inches...and machine rows where you lean way back?  Isn't that basically bicep work? 

or have I been training wrong for awhile?!!
no, your probably training right. maybe hes training around a minor injury or something.
bodybuildersreality.com

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
Nasser Nights and more
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 01:05:16 AM »
I had the honour of staying at Nasser's place from Nov 1st to 6th, and will be sharing some pics and info I gathered from the visit.  I would have made this thread earlier but I went to Vegas after visiting Nasser and just returned home recently.

The first thing I noticed about Nasser was that he is still HUGE.  He weighed 310 lbs, and it was visibly believable.  Even today, years after retirement, he's bigger than most pros I've met who are still competing!  

He was also VERY hospitable.  Nasser did not treat me like a friend, but like family.  I really felt like I was at home.  He spent all six days driving me around to check out the local sights, gyms, restaurants, intoruced me to his friends, etc.  He even paid for everything when we would go out, and gave me a few sentimental gifts as well.  

Here are some pics - first three were taken in Mexico and the fourth at Urban Body Gym in San Diego.  More will follow.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: Nasser Nights - Nov 1 to Nov 6/08
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 01:17:56 AM »
I had the honour of staying at Nasser's place from Nov 1st to 6th, and will be sharing some pics and info I gathered from the visit.  I would have made this thread earlier but I went to Vegas after visiting Nasser and just returned home recently.

The first thing I noticed about Nasser was that he is still HUGE.  He weighed 310 lbs, and it was visibly believable.  Even today, years after retirement, he's bigger than most pros I've met who are still competing! 

He was also VERY hospitable.  Nasser did not treat me like a friend, but like family.  I really felt like I was at home.  He spent all six days driving me around to check out the local sights, gyms, restaurants, intoruced me to his friends, etc.  He even paid for everything when we would go out, and gave me a few sentimental gifts as well. 

Here are some pics - first three were taken in Mexico and the fourth at Urban Body Gym in San Diego.  More will follow.

How much does Nasser eat at meals?   :P

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

aussiepro

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 01:21:31 AM »
fuck off and die no one gives a shit
there's no magic pills... just needles

io856

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 01:23:59 AM »
nasser is holding up well

looks huge there

Hows his health?

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2008, 01:45:43 AM »
Cool pics.

Nasser looking large and in charge.

Looking pretty good too yourself, Bobs.
No doubt about it...

Canadian_Muscle

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2008, 01:49:39 AM »
Nasser looks huge.

Since you were staying with him for a week, you'd know his diet pretty well. How much food does he eat?

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2008, 02:02:31 AM »
Why continue to take large amounts of gear just so BigBob can post pics on getbig?

Nasser is a has been,look at other guys from that era..they have dropped there drug use down to suit there every day requirements and are also succesfull in other areas..

Does Nassa guest pose? is he successfull after bodybuilding? a big no to both , people laugh at him...

Big Bob , how much did he charge you for this?

WhiteCastle

• Getbig III
  • The Wizard of Filth
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2008, 02:05:45 AM »
Nasser Nights mean nothing anymore.  Every night, from here on out, is Avesher night. Nasher is finished.

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2008, 02:06:41 AM »
whos the other dude in the pic where you are eating?