Author Topic: The good old days.....old article in Flex  (Read 1811 times)

knny187

• Getbig V
The good old days.....old article in Flex
« on: October 25, 2006, 11:33:13 AM »
I came across this Article in July 2002 Flex Magazine.

I wonder which bodybuilding bulletin board they're talking about? 

;D

Web Free-For All Heats Up!

A web of lies & digital brawls have dominated the virtual lives of a smattering of IFBB Pros (ok mostly Craig Titus and King Kamali) in the last few months.  For those without a scorecard (or a computer), allow us to update you on the cyber-smack so far.
  A false story posted on a bodybuilding bulletin board (not Flexonline’s) reported that Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, had been arrested in Las Vegas.  This fraudulent story took a life of it’s own, resulting in a Titus meltdown that ensnared a host of other top pros in a “he said, he said” imbroglio.
  Tom Prince, Bob Cicherillo, and Kamali created havoc on the same bulletin board, which climaxed with Kamali declaring that the board members he sparred with were nothing but “bucktooth jackasses”.
  Titus a frequent target of postings by Kamali and Prince responded by calling them “the Abbot & Costello of bodybuilding.”
  Dillett claimed on another web site that his comeback show, the Night of Champions, was going to be an easy win for him, Titus didn’t like that, either, seeing that he was also entered into the NOC, and he took Freakenstein apart for the boast on his web site.
  A rumor repeated on several sites, including Kamali’s, alleged that the IFBB engaged in a random drug testing at the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and that Jay Cutler had skipped the drug test.  That wasn’t the case.  Kamali later apologized on his site for the error.
  It became apparent that some pros were signing on to the bulletin boards using aliases, then dishing out generous portions of smack at rival competitors.  This most likely still goes on.

The.Giant

• Getbig IV
Re: The good old days.....old article in Flex
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 07:35:53 PM »
Well thank god this doesn't go on anymore. It's nice to see that bodybuilding has matured.  ;)
It's Hip to be Square!

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 09:08:15 PM »
I came across this Article in July 2002 Flex Magazine.

I wonder which bodybuilding bulletin board they're talking about? 

;D

Web Free-For All Heats Up!

A web of lies & digital brawls have dominated the virtual lives of a smattering of IFBB Pros (ok mostly Craig Titus and King Kamali) in the last few months.  For those without a scorecard (or a computer), allow us to update you on the cyber-smack so far.
  A false story posted on a bodybuilding bulletin board (not Flexonline’s) reported that Titus and his wife, Kelly Ryan, had been arrested in Las Vegas.  This fraudulent story took a life of it’s own, resulting in a Titus meltdown that ensnared a host of other top pros in a “he said, he said” imbroglio.
  Tom Prince, Bob Cicherillo, and Kamali created havoc on the same bulletin board, which climaxed with Kamali declaring that the board members he sparred with were nothing but “bucktooth jackasses”.
  Titus a frequent target of postings by Kamali and Prince responded by calling them “the Abbot & Costello of bodybuilding.”
  Dillett claimed on another web site that his comeback show, the Night of Champions, was going to be an easy win for him, Titus didn’t like that, either, seeing that he was also entered into the NOC, and he took Freakenstein apart for the boast on his web site.
  A rumor repeated on several sites, including Kamali’s, alleged that the IFBB engaged in a random drug testing at the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic and that Jay Cutler had skipped the drug test.  That wasn’t the case.  Kamali later apologized on his site for the error.
  It became apparent that some pros were signing on to the bulletin boards using aliases, then dishing out generous portions of smack at rival competitors.  This most likely still goes on.

Nice flashback..........
HAHA, RON.....

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:58:13 AM »
I guess the thing I found "Ironic"......

was the fact someone started a vicious rumour about Craig & Kelly being arrested for something

;D

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 10:00:54 AM »
I guess the thing I found "Ironic"......

was the fact someone started a vicious rumour about Craig & Kelly being arrested for something

;D

hahahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking the second I finished the sentence. Flex Magazine CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:07:27 PM »
hahahaha, that's exactly what I was thinking the second I finished the sentence. Flex Magazine CAN PREDICT THE FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Don't tell that to Craiggers.....because Death Row would be the topic now

;D