Author Topic: ADONIS didnt you say all calories are the same  (Read 1454 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
ADONIS didnt you say all calories are the same
« on: October 26, 2006, 08:49:07 AM »
i beleive you did as you talked about as long as you were in a calorie deficiet you would lose weight, and we argued that calories from different macronutrients were digested differently and you argued like a little biatch. the reason i want to own you is that you still keep up that ice cream shit on other boards and your getting rather annoying with your whatever shit and such, take it like a man son.

you are correct that in a calorie deficit you will lose weight regardless of macronutrient intake, however, you will lose weight faster with certain macronutrient consumption and keep more muscle.

protein conversion to fat is very difficult since protein is used for multiple enzymatic pathways and processes, therefore this is the last storage component, with many steps, which make it inherently harder.

simply it is amino acids---->fatty acids(broke down from triglycerides, glycerol backbone with three FA--->then resynthsized into TG in the cell.

carbohydrates are a little easier

polysaccharides--->glucose--->pyruvate--->acetyl CoA-->FA and glycerol-->TG

now fats calories are the absolute easiest to store as fat, it is basically a one step process, so eating more fat like you pretend you were doing causes faster fat accumulation and muscle wasting, as protein and carbs obviously have a muscle sparring effect aptly named the protein sparring of carbs.

fat

TG ingeste-lipoprotein lipase-TG in the cell

stop bitching about the lose sitckboy you look like utter shit. keep wearing your tiara you tiny tit.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
Re: ADONIS didnt you say all calories are the same
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 08:59:20 AM »
Caloric Deficit is the single most important factor in weight loss, by comparison macronutrient composition is of de minimus significance.  Therefore it is important to eat whatever foods make it easiest for you to stick to a reduced calorie diet (so long as you are getting sufficient nutrients). 

Don't be penny wise and POUND foolish.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 09:03:59 AM »
incorrecto, eating fat in a calorie deficeit is stored as fat much easier, thus high protein as the bulk of your calories is not only common sense, but to a biochemist much more effeicient.

your are also incorrect about the calorie deficiet in general, if you consume more fat=stored fat easier thus you will lose weight still, but it will be muscle tissue not fat. if you eat more protein this will preserve muscle as excess protein is rarely stored equalling more fat loss.

ask flex his body fat was tested at 0.0 percent i heard.

you said a mouthful when you said weight loss, not fat loss, fat is easier to store and has no muscle sparring effects, you will still lose weight, but it will be muscle.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 09:31:20 AM »
incorrecto, eating fat in a calorie deficeit is stored as fat much easier, thus high protein as the bulk of your calories is not only common sense, but to a biochemist much more effeicient.

your are also incorrect about the calorie deficiet in general, if you consume more fat=stored fat easier thus you will lose weight still, but it will be muscle tissue not fat. if you eat more protein this will preserve muscle as excess protein is rarely stored equalling more fat loss.

ask flex his body fat was tested at 0.0 percent i heard.

you said a mouthful when you said weight loss, not fat loss, fat is easier to store and has no muscle sparring effects, you will still lose weight, but it will be muscle.

No fat is stored by a body in calorie deficit.

From my personal experience eating a balanced low calorie diet I lost all fat and no muscle.  I got stronger as I lost weight.  I can't say for sure that there is a causal connection (i.e. the weight loss caused the strength gain) because I also upped my training frequency and changed my excercise selection somewhat.  Nevertheless I think it is noteworthy that my weight loss of around 30 lbs (about 1/6th of my pre weight loss bodyweight) did not prevent me from getting stronger.  I am not a newbie either, prior to changing my eating habits I had been at a strength plateau.

I posted some research a while ago that showed that animals on reduced calorie diets actually had more muscle than their full calorie brethren.  So apparently I am not an anomalie.

93 Flex knew this well.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 09:40:47 AM »
Those studies were done on mice and were based on grip strength. It was found that although their grip strength was better their overall strength was not. And ShiftedShapes, I'll agree with you that a low calorie balanced diet is key to losing bodyfat, but Adonis does not advocate a balanced diet or anything resembling one. He is going to store fat even when in a caloric deficit if nothing else because of all the hyrogenated oils that are going to be just sitting inside of his system.
I min/max my physique

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 09:43:29 AM »
your not understanding the biochemistry of fat i layed out. fat calories are more redily stored as fat, and have no real affects on maintaining muscle, as the most most important macronutrient is protein for muscle anabolism.

yes healthy fats, saturated fats have dire effects on ldl and cholesterol biosythesis, fat intake not cholesterol is of paramount importance in cholesterol levels, and TG levels rather then just cholesterol intake as bile acids take care of it for the most part.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 09:44:33 AM »
according to these idiots, if i get 200 cals under maintenance via M&Ms and bacon grease i'll look the same as if i do it by eating vegetables and lean meat. i can't believe anyone's bothering to argue with that, it's like talking to someone who claims the moon is made out of cheese. you know just from their thesis that they're out of their minds, so there's no way to convince them otherwise.

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:00 AM »
according to these idiots, if i get 200 cals under maintenance via M&Ms and bacon grease i'll look the same as if i do it by eating vegetables and lean meat. i can't believe anyone's bothering to argue with that, it's like talking to someone who claims the moon is made out of cheese. you know just from their thesis that they're out of their minds, so there's no way to convince them otherwise.

no you will be badly malnourished

beat up strawmen often?

toolarge4u

• Getbig III
  • Handicap stall is for dips you dicksock
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2006, 09:50:17 AM »
Caloric Deficit is the single most important factor in weight loss, by comparison macronutrient composition is of de minimus significance.  Therefore it is important to eat whatever foods make it easiest for you to stick to a reduced calorie diet (so long as you are getting sufficient nutrients). 

Don't be penny wise and POUND foolish.

ok get contest ready for a show on fast food and junk..do that...look good at 5%...i will believe it. Until then stfu

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2006, 09:52:14 AM »
no you will be badly malnourished

beat up strawmen often?

but... but... calories are calories! as long as i'm in a calorie deficit mode i can eat whatever i want, like ice cream and pizza!!!

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2006, 10:59:13 AM »
but... but... calories are calories! as long as i'm in a calorie deficit mode i can eat whatever i want, like ice cream and pizza!!!

you will lose fat and keep your muscle but you will be malnourished if that's all you eat.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 11:14:26 AM »
no, i disagree. calories aren't calories. there is nutrient dense calories. You should want to get all your calories from clean food. eating pizza and shit doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying you can't do it...you will still get calories and grow, but you will look much better and perform much better if you are built out of clean food.
bodybuildersreality.com

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 05:37:17 PM »
no, i disagree. calories aren't calories. there is nutrient dense calories. You should want to get all your calories from clean food. eating pizza and shit doesn't make any sense at all. I'm not saying you can't do it...you will still get calories and grow, but you will look much better and perform much better if you are built out of clean food.

agree

Tier

• Getbig III
  • Lift light with sloppy form
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 08:05:37 PM »
Wheres the Adonis at?

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »