Author Topic: Nastula and Belfort test positive for banned substances  (Read 10755 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Nastula and Belfort test positive for banned substances
« on: October 26, 2006, 02:59:14 PM »
Source: MMAWeekly

BREAKING NEWS: MMAWeekly has learned that Vitor Belfort and Pawel Nastula tested positive for banned substances after their respective fights on Pride's "Real Deal" card this past Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The Nevada State Athletic Commission has confirmed that Nastula tested positive for the anabolic steroid nandrolone, while Belfort tested positive for the banned substance 4-hydroxytestosterone, which is also banned in Major League Baseball and other sports.

All of the other fighters who were drug-tested on the Pride card passed their drug tests.

MMAWeekly will have much more on this story within the hour.

I thought the saying was "cheat to win", not "cheat and lose anyways".
Predictions
 40/61

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
Re: Nastula and Belfort test positive for banned substances
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:27:36 PM »
Not surprised about Vitor testing positive for roids - what happen to that kid?

How did Mark Coleman and Randleman pass  ;D

I'm suprised Baroni passed as well.
RIP Bob Probert

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 04:45:50 PM »
hahahahaha, I'm SHOCKED at Vitor testing positive.  ::)

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 04:47:28 PM »
Isn't that a pro-hormone?  4 HT?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 06:03:13 PM »
hahahahaha, I'm SHOCKED at Vitor testing positive.  ::)

That's because Vitor admitted to taking banned substances in his early days as a UFC Heavyweight, he also said he regreted doing it.  Only to convert into a devout christian and come back and take the banned substances again, and STILL lose.  I bet God is angry at him. :'(
Predictions
 40/61

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 08:11:51 PM »
That's because Vitor admitted to taking banned substances in his early days as a UFC Heavyweight, he also said he regreted doing it.  Only to convert into a devout christian and come back and take the banned substances again, and STILL lose.  I bet God is angry at him. :'(

A late friend of mine was Vitor's mentor and "strength" coach. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 02:34:50 AM »
A late friend of mine was Vitor's mentor and "strength" coach. 

I can't remember the name, but I when I had a t-shirt company in Vegas with Pete G. we made his shirts for his gym in Huntington Beach I think it was.  He was training to box in the Olympics or something then.  this was in 1999 or 2000.  I had to call almost everyday to get paid.  He was months late.

mgw

• Getbig I
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:59:42 AM »
Late on a payment is a sure sign of roid abuse.... To bad Victor never tested positive for Jiu-Jitsu.... Remember the " Victor Gracie " name change issue ? Rickson does ;D

TheBigAristotle

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 07:58:42 AM »
To be honest I'm surprised that only 2 guys tested positive. I mean they basically are allowed to do whatever they want in Japan and probably have to to compete. I hope someone explains the drug testing policy to Wanderlei before he comes to fight in February.

xpac2

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2006, 08:48:36 AM »
I can't remember the name, but I when I had a t-shirt company in Vegas with Pete G. we made his shirts for his gym in Huntington Beach I think it was.  He was training to box in the Olympics or something then.  this was in 1999 or 2000.  I had to call almost everyday to get paid.  He was months late.

Maybe you shipped the shirts with Fedex and they never arrived  ::)

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2006, 08:49:32 AM »

You're not big on sarcasm, are you dipshit?

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2006, 09:55:56 AM »
Late on a payment is a sure sign of roid abuse.... To bad Victor never tested positive for Jiu-Jitsu.... Remember the " Victor Gracie " name change issue ? Rickson does ;D

I remember the press conference at 24 Hour Fitness at Kapiolani, Relson Gracie came down and made them take Gracie off the poster.  Carlson Sr. didn't look too happy, and there was weird silence while two people argued in portugese. 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2006, 10:18:26 AM »
I was pretty good friends with the guy who structured Vitor's pharmaceutical protocols back in 97', 98'. Dude was taking a fair amount of gear. Nothing too crazy, but clearly more than he needed as it bulked him up, but had a bad influence on his endurance &  speed. He looked good though ;). His positive test? No surprise.
a

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 11:00:59 AM »
vitor always had one of the better physiques in mma

E
E

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2006, 02:59:58 PM »
I was pretty good friends with the guy who structured Vitor's pharmaceutical protocols back in 97', 98'. Dude was taking a fair amount of gear. Nothing too crazy, but clearly more than he needed as it bulked him up, but had a bad influence on his endurance &  speed. He looked good though ;). His positive test? No surprise.

How'd you know Curtis? 

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2006, 04:46:28 PM »
How'd you know Curtis? 

;D Nice. We were pretty good friends. We both worked & trained at Gold's Venice. He was a cool cat in my book. He always had something nice to say... laid back... trained like a champion... good man.
a

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 05:08:47 PM »
You're not big on sarcasm, are you dipshit?

You're not big on knowing about MMA or winning arguments are you dipshit?  In fact, your not big on anything except being an annoying guy that nobody likes.
Predictions
 40/61

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 09:29:22 PM »
You're not big on knowing about MMA or winning arguments are you dipshit?  In fact, your not big on anything except being an annoying guy that nobody likes.

haha berzerk is owned again ;D

E
E

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2006, 10:31:24 PM »
Maybe you shipped the shirts with Fedex and they never arrived  ::)

No actually they came and picked them up.  So no shipping mishaps there

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2006, 12:50:06 AM »
;D Nice. We were pretty good friends. We both worked & trained at Gold's Venice. He was a cool cat in my book. He always had something nice to say... laid back... trained like a champion... good man.

He trained for a time at Relson's place when it was at UH.  He was real stiff off his back, but hella strong.  Couldn't use or move his hips well, but if he got you in a head/arm, forget it until he gassed.  (at which point, he'd be purple)  I broke up a fight with him and some street vagrant who false cracked a friend of his, Scotty.  He was extremely hard to move even with three guys. 

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2006, 12:51:23 AM »

Dumbest insult I've ever heard. Are you upset that you can't distinguish between sarcasm and someone being serious retard? It's a shame that you're a stupider fuck than Scimowser.

sar‧casm  /ˈsɑrkćzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[sahr-kaz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun
1.   harsh or bitter derision or irony.
2.   a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.
[Origin: 1570–80; < LL sarcasmus < Gk sarkasmós, deriv. of sarkázein to rend (flesh), sneer; see sarco-]

—Synonyms 1. sardonicism, bitterness, ridicule. See irony1. 2. jeer.

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2006, 04:37:43 AM »
Dumbest insult I've ever heard. Are you upset that you can't distinguish between sarcasm and someone being serious retard?

I like the way you recylced my insult from the last time I put you in your place and used it as your own, now go listen to Sugar Ray and think of something better to say.  If your going to waste my flavor at least do it right son.  Your just mad because you suck at all aspects of life except the one that involves being a guy, now go wikidpedia that shit.
Predictions
 40/61

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2006, 10:03:36 AM »
I like the way you recylced my insult from the last time I put you in your place and used it as your own, now go listen to Sugar Ray and think of something better to say.  If your going to waste my flavor at least do it right son.  Your just mad because you suck at all aspects of life except the one that involves being a guy, now go wikidpedia that shit.

hahahaha, this is gold. I can't even remember you using that insult because you're nothing more than a miniscule pissant to me. All I know is that you're some schmuck who does nothing but pulls his information off of Sherdog and tries to pass it off as his own.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »
berzerk I bet you're having an orgasm thinking about the tuf finale and the return of mike bisping

E
E

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2006, 03:02:34 PM »
hahahaha, this is gold. I can't even remember you using that insult because you're nothing more than a miniscule pissant to me. All I know is that you're some schmuck who does nothing but pulls his information off of Sherdog and tries to pass it off as his own.

How stupid does that make you if you steal shit from me and try to use it as your own?  I know, your my biggest fan, but that's no excuse to salt my game.  You really don't even contribute to this board, all you do is hug my nuts by agreeing with everything I say, and when your not doing that, your busy picking verbal fights with people and losing everytime.  Your like that kid in school that nobody likes, and he knows nobody likes him, but he still comes and tries to hang out anyways. Your feeble attempts at insults are pathetic, you are the only one here who seems to think you are doing good in these exchanges.  What color is the sky in that lonely world of yours?
Predictions
 40/61