Author Topic: is personal training a "real job/career"?!  (Read 10141 times)

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
Re: is personal training a "real job/career"?!
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2006, 07:03:58 PM »
One of the tricks is to not limit yourself to just personal training, in my business, I have a number of services that we do such as Boot camps, Kids training and camps, online training, nutrition counsiling and after the first of the year we're introducing strength camps especially geared for civil service recruts like Police, fire, coast guard, lifeguards and military prep, the idea is to make it along the lines of strongman training that will impliment Tire flipping, sand bag exercises and carries, sled pulling, etc,etc I already have alot of requests asking when it will start, I personally can't wait for that!!

That is an awesome idea!!  That's the only thing I might have a difficult time with when it comes to running a business.  I'm just not that creative.  I would like to incorporate online training and nutritional counceling when I get up and running.  Where are you based out of?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2006, 07:17:38 PM »
That is an awesome idea!!  That's the only thing I might have a difficult time with when it comes to running a business.  I'm just not that creative.  I would like to incorporate online training and nutritional counceling when I get up and running.  Where are you based out of?

Huntington Beach, Ca

Brixtonbulldog

• Getbig V
  • TAKE YO FUCKING JACKET WIT YA
« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2006, 07:22:36 PM »
Huntington Beach, Ca

Recently, fitness has gotten pretty big on the east coast.  Otherwise I would definitely consider moving closer to your neck of the woods.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2006, 09:56:29 PM »
Recently, fitness has gotten pretty big on the east coast.  Otherwise I would definitely consider moving closer to your neck of the woods.
Intenseone has the weather in his favour compared to you brixton...

I think training people is like a lot of things... if you have the passion for helping people and are still humble enough to know that you don't know everything and you need to keep educating yourself you can do well.

Joe's competitve edge is his thirst for knowledge IMO and thats a big reason people stay with him so long as clients...

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2006, 09:57:41 PM »
I tell you one thing... baby boomer training is taking off like crazy now and will be massive in the next ten years.

Those old farts simply refuse to age!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2006, 10:55:10 PM »
One of the tricks is to not limit yourself to just personal training, in my business, I have a number of services that we do such as Boot camps, Kids training and camps, online training, nutrition counsiling and after the first of the year we're introducing strength camps especially geared for civil service recruts like Police, fire, coast guard, lifeguards and military prep, the idea is to make it along the lines of strongman training that will impliment Tire flipping, sand bag exercises and carries, sled pulling, etc,etc I already have alot of requests asking when it will start, I personally can't wait for that!!

Very cool list there!  Also your website has to be one of the best I've ever seen in the industry.

http://www.joelocalpt.com/