Author Topic: Active U.S. troops call for Iraq withdrawal.  (Read 1066 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Active U.S. troops call for Iraq withdrawal.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 04:32:36 PM »
I saw a news segment on this last night.  I agree with the numerous retired officers who said this is a bad idea and bad for morale. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 08:43:24 PM »
The war is bullshit to us, and we're sitting at home.

Imagine what these guys are thinking over there.  They are essentially 'treading water' - standing in the middle of a civil war while dodging IEDs and bullets from imported jihadists.  They must know there is no objective, aside from "stay the course", whatever the hell that is.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:57:27 PM »
I saw a news segment on this last night.  I agree with the numerous retired officers who said this is a bad idea and bad for morale. 

I don't know about you, ...but I think what's really bad for morale is getting an IED exploding up your butt,
...or having to peel your buddies brains off your face after he just got downed by a sniper, ...for what?

This particular General doesn't share your belief:

Gen Odom: Bush's 9 reason to stay are reason to go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjaOOHqrzEE

...and I have a feeling this particular general doesn't either

Schwarzkopf defends not going to Baghdad in 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuMX1GzD6I

...and as we all know, General Powell wasn't at all happy about going to war to begin with.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 12:41:00 AM »
I don't know about you, ...but I think what's really bad for morale is getting an IED exploding up your butt,
...or having to peel your buddies brains off your face after he just got downed by a sniper, ...for what?

This particular General doesn't share your belief:

Gen Odom: Bush's 9 reason to stay are reason to go
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjaOOHqrzEE

...and I have a feeling this particular general doesn't either

Schwarzkopf defends not going to Baghdad in 1991
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJuMX1GzD6I

...and as we all know, General Powell wasn't at all happy about going to war to begin with.

Dying is always bad for morale.  It hits everyone very hard.  That's what makes something like this even worse.  These guys need to shut the heck up till they become civilians.  Then they can complain to the media all they want. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 01:20:00 AM »
Is there a clause in the enlistment form about speaking out on military engagement?  Serious question, I do not know.

I am surprised we haven't had more.  Did anyone see the normally very dapper Rummy bumbling for the press today?  They're losing it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 01:31:03 AM »
Is there a clause in the enlistment form about speaking out on military engagement?  Serious question, I do not know.

I am surprised we haven't had more.  Did anyone see the normally very dapper Rummy bumbling for the press today?  They're losing it.
I don't know much about that part, there's some kind of avenue directly through congress but there's not much they can really do speaking out... That's why I kind of roll my eyes but don't say anything when there is an active duty person on a message board or blog defending the war because trust me, the guys who may be thinking differently DO NOT have the same privilege...  When I signed up, I knew that my opinion was pretty much being signed away with the exception of how I voted.  So it's... strange to see active duty personal opinions in the press and online...

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 03:16:36 AM »
I never got this but don't you join the forces with the intent that you in all likely hood may go to war....And that no war is good...Aren't they all taught that no war is good...That being said, i really don't give a rats ass what some guy who joined the forces because he didn't have anything better to do but then had to go fight in a war that shouldn't have happend..

I mean what the fuck...How stupid are some people...Since the Korean war, hasn't the writting been on the freaking wall...

The vietnam war was fought over Herion...The cold war was fought over technology...

Who would give there life for such things???And now the two Iraq wars that are being fought over control of oil....

Lets go join the service to fight for such a fcking government and then lets complain about it after we are in...What is wrong with these people...

I suggest from here on out that no one joins the service at all....what will happen is a draft will be instituted...Ok so be it...they make you do it, when that happens, we will be that much closer to a revolution to overthrow these douche bags running the fc king country...

Liberalism took on a whole diff/meaning because of the vietnam war and the draft that was instituted....I say lets gets these fuckers to do it again and then we can rally behind them...

The only reason we have an all volunteer military is because they can control them PERIOD...These guys aren't rocket scientist and they don't drive technology...

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2006, 09:02:29 AM »
Good point.  I remember my first day on active duty they put us in a chapel and had a Colonel talk to us.  His first comment was "you are here to prepare for war."  Sobering. 

You join the all volunteer force to prepare for war, where it is kill or be killed.