Author Topic: a certain age when taking juice is stupid and pointless?  (Read 1822 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
a certain age when taking juice is stupid and pointless?
« on: October 26, 2006, 05:14:38 PM »
hi everyone! for you experts and experience guys out there, just wondering is there a point when taking juice is stupid,pointless and even more dangerous than usual.

my story is: i'm 42 years old, been working out for a couple of years, 5'10 220 pounds, 12-15 percent body fat, i've started taking the prohormones, which by the way i have easily 3 plus years supply of, including even if i was stacking them together. then when my supply is gone, i was thinking the juice route.

however 1) mild cycles, pretty much year round, occassionaly cycles/weeks off throughout the year/years but  nothing outrageous, no insuline or gh either.

2) i don't want to be a freaky pro bb size, even if i could, however if i could get to a npc competitor size, low bodyfat, that would be my ideal.

so the questions is at my age is it worthless to juice because of ever increasing health problems that could arise and also i'll never get to be even npc competitor shape because of my age in the first place unless I DO USE HUGE AMOUNTS OF GEAR?

thanks in advance for the serious and expert replies!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: a certain age when taking juice is stupid and pointless?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 05:23:21 PM »
hi everyone! for you experts and experience guys out there, just wondering is there a point when taking juice is stupid,pointless and even more dangerous than usual.

my story is: i'm 42 years old, been working out for a couple of years, 5'10 220 pounds, 12-15 percent body fat, i've started taking the prohormones, which by the way i have easily 3 plus years supply of, including even if i was stacking them together. then when my supply is gone, i was thinking the juice route.

however 1) mild cycles, pretty much year round, occassionaly cycles/weeks off throughout the year/years but  nothing outrageous, no insuline or gh either.

2) i don't want to be a freaky pro bb size, even if i could, however if i could get to a npc competitor size, low bodyfat, that would be my ideal.

so the questions is at my age is it worthless to juice because of ever increasing health problems that could arise and also i'll never get to be even npc competitor shape because of my age in the first place unless I DO USE HUGE AMOUNTS OF GEAR?

thanks in advance for the serious and expert replies!!

Don't be silly, Thomas.

At your age, HRT should be a reality, not some silly fantasy....

The pro-hormones are a waste, they will give you more sides than benefits.

If you want to use AAS, do it right.

Stay between 500MG-1G Test ew and you'll keep your sides to a minimum while reaping the full rewards of a positive nitrogen balance combined with a perfect anabolic environment.

Diet, Training and Genetics will determine the rest.

I say go for it, you only live once...

Did I mention the increase in libido?

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 07:05:15 PM »
I agree with what DIV said.  And will add that you should evaluate where you are now, have you really been putting 100% into your training and diet?  I mean have you been living the BB lifestyle, since that is the type of body you desire?  I guess I mean to say 2 years training is not very long, especially if you have been casual with it.  I feel you need a good base before you start AAS, your stats seem to say you have a decent base.  But if you are ready then go for it.

OK I'm about the same age as you, get a good check up before you start, have them do a full blood panel also have them run your hormones to see where you stand there.  Mainly have your heart, BP and cholesterol levels checked, cause if they are out of whack now AAS could throw them over the ledge.

Another thing to consider is your prostate, androgen's will cause it to grow and this can bring on serious problems especially if you may be predisposed to prostate problems IE: cancer.  When i cycle I can feel that baby blow up, its from the test, I develop BPH and it is not the most fun, always pissing, slow pissing, less then stellar erections, painful orgasms (WTF  >:() and a unpleasent pressure in that area.  The Herb saw palmetto does help with this and reduces the symptoms for me.  so watch your prostate.

I like to do long cycles also 9-10 months on.  I keep the dosages moderate maybe 800mg test 500mg EQ per week as my cycle base.  Adding other goodies here and there through out the cycle.  I seem to have less sides with gear now, maybe my body is just more used to it.

Is it too late?  naww I can honestly say I'm in better shape now than when I was younger, and not to brag but stronger and a better physique then 99% of the people who go to my gym, don't matter what age they are or how much gear they take.  Thats partly cause my work ethic is so strong.

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 08:19:55 PM »
Nothing to add...both Div and L2H are right on the money.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2006, 11:28:26 PM »
I agree with what DIV said.  And will add that you should evaluate where you are now, have you really been putting 100% into your training and diet?  I mean have you been living the BB lifestyle, since that is the type of body you desire?  I guess I mean to say 2 years training is not very long, especially if you have been casual with it.  I feel you need a good base before you start AAS, your stats seem to say you have a decent base.  But if you are ready then go for it.

OK I'm about the same age as you, get a good check up before you start, have them do a full blood panel also have them run your hormones to see where you stand there.  Mainly have your heart, BP and cholesterol levels checked, cause if they are out of whack now AAS could throw them over the ledge.

Another thing to consider is your prostate, androgen's will cause it to grow and this can bring on serious problems especially if you may be predisposed to prostate problems IE: cancer.  When i cycle I can feel that baby blow up, its from the test, I develop BPH and it is not the most fun, always pissing, slow pissing, less then stellar erections, painful orgasms (WTF  >:() and a unpleasant pressure in that area.  The Herb saw palmetto does help with this and reduces the symptoms for me.  so watch your prostate.

I like to do long cycles also 9-10 months on.  I keep the dosages moderate maybe 800mg test 500mg EQ per week as my cycle base.  Adding other goodies here and there through out the cycle.  I seem to have less sides with gear now, maybe my body is just more used to it.

Is it too late?  naww I can honestly say I'm in better shape now than when I was younger, and not to brag but stronger and a better physique then 99% of the people who go to my gym, don't matter what age they are or how much gear they take.  Thats partly cause my work ethic is so strong.

I agree about him getting his base down first, but at his age he's probably ready to cut through the semantics and start cycling.

It's not like he's getting any younger.

He needs to start with 250-500MG Test the first cycle and see how that feels first, then go from there....

DIV

mem

• Getbig III
  • lifetime athlete
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2006, 04:16:58 AM »
I AM THERE, literally,
at 46 years of age.

My first serious cycles
(seems funny to say)
started in my 40s, in my
own admittedly modest
hormone decline.

Prohormones were an utter
waste and disappointment,
NOT WORTH IT . . .

Periodic (longer) AAS cycles have indeed
helped to restore the *advantage* that
e v e r y o n e  has at younger ages.

I am in the best shape and
general health that I have
ever been in.

A younger physique - 46 yo old body . . .

I will look back on life . . .
and be happy that I (safely) used
and benefit hugely from
these hormones.

No question.

I say DO it - if you have sufficient
training time, related disciplines,
muscle base and diet.
Budget to afford it.
(can be a hard part)

1 life 1 liver

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2006, 06:30:51 AM »
17... that's the age when taking juice is stupid and pointless... after 30-35, a guy needs to replace what nature takes away...

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2006, 07:24:10 AM »
thanks for all the intelligent and serious replies.however in my own naivete of "juice" terminology what is:

AAS stand for?

HRT stand for?

1-G Test ew?

TEST EG?

by the way i know someone whose 43 been working out for years (20 plus) and for years does cycles of stan tabs with deca? are these 2 a good combo as well? what will these 2 together do? ( size and mass,or definition and hardness or a combo of both?) also every great once in a while he does a cycle of these 2 with test cypionate as well?  he's built like a brick shithouse year round, but is only190 at 5'9? i've always thought he was working out for this long and cycling steroids like the ones i mentioned he should by now be as huge and rockhard as a house? like 230 plus?!thanks in advance for the replies!!

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2006, 06:32:32 PM »
I AM THERE, literally,
at 46 years of age.

My first serious cycles
(seems funny to say)
started in my 40s, in my
own admittedly modest
hormone decline.

Prohormones were an utter
waste and disappointment,
NOT WORTH IT . . .

Periodic (longer) AAS cycles have indeed
helped to restore the *advantage* that
e v e r y o n e  has at younger ages.

I am in the best shape and
general health that I have
ever been in.

A younger physique - 46 yo old body . . .

I will look back on life . . .
and be happy that I (safely) used
and benefit hugely from
these hormones.

No question.

I say DO it - if you have sufficient
training time, related disciplines,
muscle base and diet.
Budget to afford it.
(can be a hard part)

^I tend to think Michael is a success story regarding responsible AAS use.

DIV

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 12:35:05 PM »
Go for it!

AAS=ANABOLIC ANDROGENIC STEROIDS
HRT=HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY
1 G TEST EW=1000 MG TESTOSTERONE EVERY WEEK

ps:
It wouldŽnt hurt if you read about these things more...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 04:53:24 AM »
Tom:

As you get older, that's the time to take the stuff.  The twenty-somethings you see totally geared up really could have done themselved a favor and started out slower or not at all until late twenties to 30s.  I'm almost as  "mature" as you are in age and I love the stuff.  Just make it simple- test and deca or test and eq, no more than 500mg/wk for 10-12weeks.

Avoid prohormones- the joke with those is that they are legal however can cause alot more harm than a smart AAS cycle.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 05:26:28 AM »
Tom:

As you get older, that's the time to take the stuff.  The twenty-somethings you see totally geared up really could have done themselved a favor and started out slower or not at all until late twenties to 30s.  I'm almost as  "mature" as you are in age and I love the stuff.  Just make it simple- test and deca or test and eq, no more than 500mg/wk for 10-12weeks.

Avoid prohormones- the joke with those is that they are legal however can cause alot more harm than a smart AAS cycle.

I concur.

DIV

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 05:59:31 AM »
I will get bashed for this most likely but one thing i've always avoided my entire life and remember i own a gym even, but the one thing i've never done is ADVISE someone to use steroids.   I've been asked hundreds of times my opinion and my opinion back to them has always been, 'thats for you to decide, read up on it a ton, i'll answer what i know about steroids but I will never ADVISE you to use them.  Thats one of the most personal decisions you will have to ever make, so thats your choice to make, not mine.     
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 01:20:52 PM »
I will get bashed for this most likely but one thing i've always avoided my entire life and remember i own a gym even, but the one thing i've never done is ADVISE someone to use steroids.   I've been asked hundreds of times my opinion and my opinion back to them has always been, 'thats for you to decide, read up on it a ton, i'll answer what i know about steroids but I will never ADVISE you to use them.  Thats one of the most personal decisions you will have to ever make, so thats your choice to make, not mine.     

I am much the same way, Rooster.

I don't really encourage other people to use AAS, but you have to realize that many of the kids who are coming here are going to use regardless of what I say.

The better advice I can give them, perhaps the less chance there is of them causing irreparable harm (depending on what they use).

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 01:27:14 PM »
I agree...

We simply place a sign on the door stating what it is and what "could" happen if you open it...it is up to the person to decide if they wish to open that door to the dark side!

i don't give out advise anywhere but on this forum...in person if i am asked about AAS i simply tell them i have no idea. i'd like to think we have all helped people from doing stupid things to their body.

8)