Author Topic: anyone seen the documentary "why we fight" ?  (Read 1021 times)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
anyone seen the documentary "why we fight" ?
« on: October 27, 2006, 08:50:59 AM »
its about the rise of the american industrial military complex and the macro economic reasons for modern war. i thought it was well put together.

Diesel1

• Getbig V
Re: anyone seen the documentary "why we fight" ?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 09:33:01 AM »
I saw it a while back. Didn't it say something like the American economy thrives on the business of war? or some shit like that anyway.

Do you like documentaries? This site streams lots of them including the one you mentioned
http://www.obscuredtv.com/newsite/news.php

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:48:27 AM »
to sum it up
-around WWII the us starts this huge assed industrial military machine to defeat evil
-they dropped the bombs on the japs to frighten the russians (since the japanese had already tried to surrender)
-the IM machine was greatly expanded upon after WWII, employing 3.5 million people
-the IM machine is driven by influential corporations and there is a relvoving door between political positions in washington and executive positions in these corporations (lokeed, halliburton, boeing, KBR etc etc)
-its better to have a long war than a quick war from a corporations perspective
-shoving american products down the throats of conquered peoples and using them as outsource labor is the new slavery/colonialism
-its been at least 60 years since the us went into a war without lying to their people to get support for it

nothing really mindblowing, just presented in a well researched fashion

i watch alot of ducumentaries, and ill have to check that site out thanks :)

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »
As sad as it is, where right in the middle of the worst wars since Viet Nam and the Dow Jones is at it's highest in 6 years.  Their was an old saning in the 60's that went something like "War is good business" or something fvcked up like that ???
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Sljck-NjnjaRjder

• Getbig IV
  • Nobody is jealous of a loser!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2006, 01:10:54 PM »
As sad as it is, where right in the middle of the worst wars since Viet Nam and the Dow Jones is at it's highest in 6 years.  Their was an old saning in the 60's that went something like "War is good business" or something fvcked up like that ???

War has def augmented the economy especially in US History.  Great Depression was wiped by WWII which led to the Boom of the 50s. 

Vietnam ripped the country internally, when finished, growth of the 70s and 80s happened. 

Desert Storm ends...tech boom of the 90s. 

Iraq is almost finished (well this is up for debate, but just my .02), and the Dow is blowing up, you will see a huge influx of smaller businesses to the US, bc of the outsourcing of smaller unskilled labor jobs.   This means that people will either make themselves so poor from not applying any knowledge and basic learning skills and/or leave the country....or they will step up to the plate and begin creating businesses and services that actually get them compensated properly and allow them to earn better livings.  The age of pensions and working (or what most people do, THE BARE MINIMUM)  for one company for your entire lives is virtually over, mark my words. 

Competition will be through the roof, and people will either differentiate or stay among the poor for eternity.  We (america) is learning very rapidly (or if you havent learned this by now, you deserve to be shot) that our own enemy to fear is ourselves.  Terrorists, muslims, big corporations, the president, etc. will not give you anything or take away anything in your life that you earn on your own. 

Wow, long rant by me. 

Fair dinkum.
Sleep Big.

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2006, 09:14:34 PM »
there was this riveting docudrama about a homebound jew boy who's pushing 30 and is a failure at life

the flick ends with him smoking pot in front of the tv and hollering upstairs for his mom to turn the heat up
X Board. Integrity is what we do

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2006, 09:16:11 PM »
The dow is up because of false confidence. 

the fat guys in suits are all running it up.

they're gonna dump it jan 2 of 2007.  watch and see.

Slippedisc

• Getbig V
  • Geo said it was ok, so I must be right.
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 09:21:35 PM »
yer goal is to become fat and wear suits

join the circus, rob

don't pay to watch it ;)

you heard it here, first
X Board. Integrity is what we do

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 04:12:10 AM »
its about the rise of the american industrial military complex and the macro economic reasons for modern war. i thought it was well put together.

Ya, it was really good. I love Eisenhower's cautionary state of the union address too.
Too bad no one paid enough attention to him over the years.  :'(

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=67236.msg1003070#msg1003070
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 05:00:23 AM »
The dow is up because of false confidence. 

the fat guys in suits are all running it up.

they're gonna dump it jan 2 of 2007.  watch and see.

Why don't you play the markets then? With inside info like that you'll be raking it in.

You're already fat, just buy yourself a suit and you're complete!
الاسلام هو شيطانية

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 07:15:31 AM »
I watched part of the movie last night on google video.  Pretty good watch.  I'm beginning to accept what's happening as inevitable lol...

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 07:17:51 AM »
I watched part of the movie last night on google video.  Pretty good watch.  I'm beginning to accept what's happening as inevitable lol...

thats the ticket, and accept it as something necessary for your way of life to continue ;D