Author Topic: test prop  (Read 2375 times)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
Re: test prop
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
id rather look strong than be strong, although love being strong..out of the gym, your 'strength' is not functional, so whats the point?  i really cant think of any scenario where my strength has been 'functional' outside a gym.   if you want functional strength become a fighter, maybe an olympic lifter, although even olympic lifters, not really functional outside the gym.  powerlifters and bodyuilders are equally useless, but bbers actually look good.

That's you, bro......not me.

My strength is function in that I can move people if I need to, it's a matter of being able to protect myself and those I'm with if it comes to that.

This is the difference.

I must look strong, because I don't get in to any fights and I do as I please in life.

Then again, I don't wear bodybuilder gear, cutoffs or any of that stuff....

Again.....it's not my goal to show-off.

I don't lift for that reason.

The type of women I attract are more concerned with other qualities than my body, though protection is a factor to some degree, my current girlfriend thinks most bodybuilders are worse than women...

If you'd ever listen to what women really think, most don't go for bodybuilders because they think it's too obsessive, egomaniacal.

I think in some ways they are right.

DIV

I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2006, 06:43:34 PM »

Then again, I don't wear bodybuilder gear, cutoffs or any of that stuff....

Again.....it's not my goal to show-off.

DIV

Although I fall in the BB category, I've never been one to go in for that crap either. I often stay completely covered up when I train, simply because I like the way it keeps my joints warm. Besides, I'd rather show it off when it counts, and never to impress the 18yr old gym rat or the ogling soccer mom.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2006, 07:34:24 PM »
Although I fall in the BB category, I've never been one to go in for that crap either. I often stay completely covered up when I train, simply because I like the way it keeps my joints warm. Besides, I'd rather show it off when it counts, and never to impress the 18yr old gym rat or the ogling soccer mom.

....those soccer moms are the ones I catch staring the most....

They stare like I used to stare at women when I was eighteen.

Unfortunately, most of them are so out of shape that it's pointless...

More pushing, less staring.......then they'd actually get some play.

DIV

denvmuscle

• Getbig III
  • Ronny Rockel ROCKS!
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2006, 04:48:36 AM »
Prop is good stuff.  It keep you pretty tight and water weight down.  As others have mentioned some is painful, some not depending on where you get it from.  But as long as it works you won't care about the pain.   ;D

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #29 on: October 31, 2006, 07:03:33 AM »
id rather look strong than be strong, although love being strong..out of the gym, your 'strength' is not functional, so whats the point?  i really cant think of any scenario where my strength has been 'functional' outside a gym.   if you want functional strength become a fighter, maybe an olympic lifter, although even olympic lifters, not really functional outside the gym.  powerlifters and bodyuilders are equally useless, but bbers actually look good.

I love posts like this...delusional...i hear this from guys all the time and it makes me laugh. when i train in a strongman protocol i can really tell how my strength becomes an easy advantage. a friend and i have made some cool strongman courses at his scrapyard. most guys can't roll on the ground what i carry and place up on the platforms. not functional at all i tell you...lol

how do you know if someones strength is not functional and how do you know how big we are? i'm leaner than most bodybuilders year round. Div covered this already but when you know how to apply force you can use it for you. i've grappled with some MMA guys and none of them could submit me and i have very minimal ground training. that doesn't really matter because i'm not a MMA fighter, i just like to be well rounded.

in a real world situation i could wrap a man up in a matter of seconds. if it came to that of course...i've never been attacked, most guys just talk.

8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2006, 01:32:57 PM »
I love posts like this...delusional...i hear this from guys all the time and it makes me laugh. when i train in a strongman protocol i can really tell how my strength becomes an easy advantage. a friend and i have made some cool strongman courses at his scrapyard. most guys can't roll on the ground what i carry and place up on the platforms. not functional at all i tell you...lol

how do you know if someones strength is not functional and how do you know how big we are? i'm leaner than most bodybuilders year round. Div covered this already but when you know how to apply force you can use it for you. i've grappled with some MMA guys and none of them could submit me and i have very minimal ground training. that doesn't really matter because i'm not a MMA fighter, i just like to be well rounded.

in a real world situation i could wrap a man up in a matter of seconds. if it came to that of course...i've never been attacked, most guys just talk.

8)

Functional muscle being that when you train your muscles a certain way over and over, they react the same way, regardless of the circumstance.

Those heavy negatives you do on your maxes will definitely apply if you're in any kind of ground fight where you need sustanined strength to close down over someone. 

Anyone can throw weight around, but controlling and mastering it, making it do what you want it to do is my version of lifting....whatever you want to call it, powerlifting, strengthlifting etc.

I would like to do some strongman courses, but there's nothing like that in this area.

As far as fighting, with me, it's not so much that other people are afraid of me I think as much as they don't want to risk the possible conseqences that could follow.

People just don't test me......

DIV