Author Topic: Weird voting machine US/Venez connection  (Read 4628 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Weird voting machine US/Venez connection
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2006, 10:36:04 AM »
If you look at my posts, what I've expressed is a desire to get more voters involved in the process. 

That's like saying we should lower gas prices before we invent cars.

If the results will be rigged anyway, there is no point in anyone voting.

If you knew your history you'd know that higher voter turnout has traditionally favored Democrats.  This isn't a Republican or Democrat issue.  It's about helping ensure we don't have one of the worst voter turnouts in the industrialized world.

I agree voter turnout should be an important issue.  But focusing energies on that before were fixed what is a very easily manipulated system is pointless.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2006, 08:21:19 PM »
If you look at my posts, .     

Why... You clearly DO NOT do the same with other people's posts...  You only look at one sentence and make your own thesis from it... Brilliant...  ::)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2006, 08:36:19 PM »
I don't understand this.  There is an option which allows for e-voting, with a paper backup so that recounts are possible. 

How can anyone be against this?  You have ease of voting, the counting is instant... but a paper trail remains.  This means, if exit polls say that Joe Smith has 60% of the popular vote, then suddenly the other guy wins with 60% of the vote, a recount can be done in days using the paper trail.

Why would anyone not like this option?
I don't know for sure, but I heard someone talking on FNC that people could sell there votes since there was proof they voted a certain way on paper.  ???
S

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2006, 08:41:34 PM »
If that is the biggest worry the opposition has - that people illegally selling their votes will somehow be inconvenienced - I think they just strengthened the argument for going back to paper backups.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2006, 08:48:58 PM »
I think voting on paper is a no brainer.  Giant sky scrapers can be imploded by flying planes into them and we can't even count paper ballots???  ::)
S

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2006, 10:53:34 PM »
Why... You clearly DO NOT do the same with other people's posts...  You only look at one sentence and make your own thesis from it... Brilliant...  ::)

No I don't! 

"Systematic fraud or mistabulation is a premature conclusion . . . ."

;D