Author Topic: hey 240!! the MD MrGetBig article  (Read 11210 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: hey 240!! the MD MrGetBig article
« Reply #100 on: October 31, 2006, 09:40:15 AM »
Get your facts straight.

You weren't allowed to hide the face like Bast did.

The rules allowed for a wig and sunglasses, or similar.

Bast, for whatever reason (well, he's not the brightest bulb in the lighthouse), could not get a wig and a pair of sunglasses.

He was allowed to compete anyways.

whateva sticked to the rules.

Both TA and Bast broke the rules, but were allowed to compete anyways.

Why aren't you questioning their eligibility?

YIP
Zack

While they did break the rules, it was minor and allowing them to compete was for the betterment of the contest and getbig.
But duping the judges into thinking your an amateur was un-sportsman like conduct anyway you slice it.

I can also remember the responses whateva's pictures prompted on the boards that week. He was asked by a lot of very surprised and impressed posters if he ever competed before, what contests and if he ever planned on being a pro. He had opportunities to come clean but didn't. Why? because the judges would have been less impressed with him and more impressed with the work TA, alexxx and the rest put into their physiques. They put their hearts into it. They weren't experienced pros stepping off the circut to scam a few prizes from an amateur competition.

Imagine doing what he did to win a few prizes. These pros must really desperate. Give them a salary for godsake.

One way to settle this is to ask the judges if they believed at the time of the judging that all the contestants were amatures. Also ask the sponsors if they believed at the time they offered the prizes that the prizes would go to an amateur not a pro. If the answer is Yes, he should be out.

I know a lot of you guys agree with me but don't want to see TA the winner because he is a pompous ass. He may be, but realize this, we complain incessantly about unfairness in IFBB competitions and the hypocrisy of the bodybuilding industry as a whole. Now here we are doing the exact same thing. Turning a blind eye, letting someone steal from the cookie jar. Giving an early Christmas gift.

I am particularly dismayed at 240 who stands on the soapbox all the time against bodybuilding infractions but now in his own contest he is unusually quiet.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #101 on: October 31, 2006, 11:21:25 AM »
I am particularly dismayed at 240 who stands on the soapbox all the time against bodybuilding infractions but now in his own contest he is unusually quiet.

Actually, if you recall, I was the guy posting pics of Phoun and Whateva side by side.  I pointed out that both the man named Phoun and the competitor Whateva lived and competed in the same state.  When it was just a casual mention on MD by Layne, I dug and dug so that all the relevant information could be out there. 

As we established early on, I was in charge of promotions, the website, and the prizes.  mindspin set up the rules, chose the judges, and handled the results. 

Do I like the fact that Phoun did what he did?  Of course not.  But I have no power in that department.  He won according to the rules in place. 

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #102 on: October 31, 2006, 06:56:30 PM »
Some ethics you have there. What about the basic ethics of sportsmanship that everyone learns in the 1st grade. Dont cheat. Be honest. Play fair.

If you guys can't agree on a DQ how about this, Whateva keeps his title but gets an asterix next to it. .....Mr GetBig 2006*.........  *= Hid his Pro status from judges with a girl's wig.

whateva deserves a DQ, What he did only proves the stereotype.

There was no rule stating he couldn't enter because he's a pro. Simple as that.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #103 on: October 31, 2006, 07:13:01 PM »
While they did break the rules, it was minor and allowing them to compete was for the betterment of the contest and getbig.
But duping the judges into thinking your an amateur was un-sportsman like conduct anyway you slice it.

I can also remember the responses whateva's pictures prompted on the boards that week. He was asked by a lot of very surprised and impressed posters if he ever competed before, what contests and if he ever planned on being a pro. He had opportunities to come clean but didn't. Why? because the judges would have been less impressed with him and more impressed with the work TA, alexxx and the rest put into their physiques. They put their hearts into it. They weren't experienced pros stepping off the circut to scam a few prizes from an amateur competition.

Imagine doing what he did to win a few prizes. These pros must really desperate. Give them a salary for godsake.

One way to settle this is to ask the judges if they believed at the time of the judging that all the contestants were amatures. Also ask the sponsors if they believed at the time they offered the prizes that the prizes would go to an amateur not a pro. If the answer is Yes, he should be out.

I know a lot of you guys agree with me but don't want to see TA the winner because he is a pompous ass. He may be, but realize this, we complain incessantly about unfairness in IFBB competitions and the hypocrisy of the bodybuilding industry as a whole. Now here we are doing the exact same thing. Turning a blind eye, letting someone steal from the cookie jar. Giving an early Christmas gift.

So you continue to say that we should not DQ guys who broke the written rules but DQ a guy who broke an unwritten rule? Yeah, that would be fair ::)
I min/max my physique

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: October 31, 2006, 07:39:46 PM »
I bet Whateva really regrets wearing the goofy wig now, could have had his mug in a mag as big time as MD and looked like a champion.  Now he just looks like a clown in that pic, people are probally wondering, "why the wig?"

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: November 01, 2006, 06:38:23 AM »
I bet Whateva really regrets wearing the goofy wig now, could have had his mug in a mag as big time as MD and looked like a champion.  Now he just looks like a clown in that pic, people are probally wondering, "why the wig?"

absolutely, I hope Mindspin realizes  the comical wig and glasses rule has to go next year. I knew it was going to be a problem as soon as I saw whateva in it. I had a feeling magazines would pick up on the contest because it is a good idea and I knew the humor in the wig would not translate well when reported in the media.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #106 on: November 01, 2006, 09:06:52 AM »

Like looking down the barrel of a K-98, 500 yards out from an unsuspecting target.  Good post.

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: November 01, 2006, 09:21:03 AM »
Thanks TA, I tried, but it looks like these guys here are not going to turn over their decision. Its become a popularity contest.  But at least there will always be an asterix next to whateva's name in the Mr. Getbig Hall of Fame, or should it be Shame.

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #108 on: November 02, 2006, 12:50:32 AM »
Thanks TA, I tried, but it looks like these guys here are not going to turn over their decision. Its become a popularity contest.  But at least there will always be an asterix next to whateva's name in the Mr. Getbig Hall of Fame, or should it be Shame.
Yes because when the guy who clearly has the better physique and who played by the rules beats the guy who had a worse physique than him and should have been DQ'd, it's a popularity contest ::) Since when did 'popularity' become synonymous with 'best bodybuilder'?
I min/max my physique

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 02, 2006, 05:48:14 AM »
Yes because when the guy who clearly has the better physique and who played by the rules beats the guy who had a worse physique than him and should have been DQ'd, it's a popularity contest ::) Since when did 'popularity' become synonymous with 'best bodybuilder'?

It's a popularity contest because if Alexxx had placed second you can be sure whatever Mr. Getbig 2006* would have been removed by now. Since it is the True Adonis, who is not liked by many including you, everyone is abandoning him. Complete hypocrisy.

* = Won under controversy. Real name, Phoun Fool-an, was actually a Pro bodybuilder who concealed his identity with a girl's wig to fool judges to win cheap prizes. Led to the banning of Pros from all future Getbig.com contests. Some believe it was a dispicable thing to do and are compaigning for Pros to recieve food stamps so they will not resort to such desperate attempts to win protein powder.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: November 02, 2006, 05:52:24 AM »
LOL!!!!!! nycbull, let it go. Whateva didn't break any rule and won a clean victory. Where did you hear it led to banning of future pros?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2006, 06:28:37 AM »
LOL!!!!!! nycbull, let it go. Whateva didn't break any rule and won a clean victory. Where did you hear it led to banning of future pros?

I am letting it go. But the asterix stays.   

Well Mindspin and 240's responses were on the order of "live and learn. Next year we will do better." I assume that means no Pros. I hope they also ad a disclaimer that allows some fair and reasonable interpretation of the written formal rules of the contest. They also need a morality clause as well but one that doesn't conflict with equal opportunity to all.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 02, 2006, 06:45:13 AM »
I am letting it go. But the asterix stays.   

Well Mindspin and 240's responses were on the order of "live and learn. Next year we will do better." I assume that means no Pros. I hope they also ad a disclaimer that allows some fair and reasonable interpretation of the written formal rules of the contest. They also need a morality clause as well but one that doesn't conflict with equal opportunity to all.

Assuming isn't definite. We'll see next year. I think what the rules are should be the only rules. Aslong as it's all outlined clearly there will be no need for any arguement over the validity of the win, unless it's just friendly banter about physiques. What's a morality clause?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: November 02, 2006, 07:01:40 AM »
Assuming isn't definite. We'll see next year. I think what the rules are should be the only rules. As long as it's all outlined clearly there will be no need for any argument over the validity of the win, unless it's just friendly banter about physiques. What's a morality clause?

In every contests the judges have wiggle room. It is not a democratic process. The judge or judges have final say based on the rules, thats why the rules have to allow for some interpretation. There should also be an appeal process if the contestant thinks the judge acted out of unfair bias. Morality clause like if the contestant or winner acts in a way that is unsportsman like  i.e. cheating, lying, or any malice act towards the contestants or the contest. Also any criminal history of murder, molestation, polygamy ;D

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
« Reply #114 on: November 02, 2006, 12:16:27 PM »
In every contests the judges have wiggle room. It is not a democratic process. The judge or judges have final say based on the rules, thats why the rules have to allow for some interpretation. There should also be an appeal process if the contestant thinks the judge acted out of unfair bias. Morality clause like if the contestant or winner acts in a way that is unsportsman like  i.e. cheating, lying, or any malice act towards the contestants or the contest. Also any criminal history of murder, molestation, polygamy ;D
I'm not opposed to polygamy. If a guy can pull off having more than one chic then lucky him :P
Andif we're letting NPC competitors in i see no problem with Natural Pros. They have no advantage over anyone else in the contest whatsoever so who cares?
I min/max my physique