Author Topic: Gas prices rise for the first time in 3 months.  (Read 1938 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Gas prices rise for the first time in 3 months.
« on: October 30, 2006, 09:34:13 PM »
Nov 1, OPEC jacks up their prices.  Saudis held it low til elections to keep Bush 1 happy.

Gas prices are up one penny.  Not enough for anyone to notice, but as I predicted weeks ago, they're going to jump right back up following elections.

Anyone who said "there is no way the repubs can manipulate gas prices" is mistaken.  Bush1 and the Saudis are business partners. Two more years of oil companies having 10.5B quarters is quite worth a 3-month spike in production levels. 

Gas is going up Nov 8.  Word.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Gas prices rise for the first time in 3 months.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2006, 09:35:27 PM »
Nov 1, OPEC jacks up their prices.  Saudis held it low til elections to keep Bush 1 happy.

Gas prices are up one penny.  Not enough for anyone to notice, but as I predicted weeks ago, they're going to jump right back up following elections.

Anyone who said "there is no way the repubs can manipulate gas prices" is mistaken.  Bush1 and the Saudis are business partners. Two more years of oil companies having 10.5B quarters is quite worth a 3-month spike in production levels. 

Gas is going up Nov 8.  Word.

ahahahahaha ;) word... lol

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2006, 10:47:06 PM »
It's the CIA! 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2006, 10:56:30 PM »
It's the CIA! 
Well if you believe CIA agent Robert Baer yea, the cia has played their part, maybe not for this election, maybe surely not... But this all is kind of a fucking no brainer isn't it?  No conspiracy theory needed  ;)

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2006, 11:34:29 PM »
gas went down here

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 07:33:38 AM »
gas went down here

Oct 30 was a one-cent nationwide rise.  Regions do their thing of course.  But overall, it's gonna start climbing rapidly on wed of next week :(

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 08:54:04 AM »
Gas is going up Nov 8. 

It's the republicans fault it's going up :-\??

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 08:58:39 AM »
It's no one's fault.  It was a planned shift in price levels to gain a particular political outcome.

Gas prices are sky high for 2 years.  Then, we suddenly have a 70-80 cent drop in prices for the two months before a crucial election.  Then, prices suddenly spike right back up following the election. 

Stepping back, we see that the President's family has a very established relationship with the Saudi groups which control OPEC output and therefore control prices.  We also see oil companies posting up to record $10.5B PROFIT quarters for oil companies continuing.  And we know that a republican controlled congress will not change any of the policies which have allowed this to take place.

It is possible that Bush 1 influences the saudis to increase output to drop prices for the 2006 election in order to maintain a favorable congress for 2 more years, which would benefit bush, oil campanies, and the Saudis.

Is there a more plausible explanation?  I'd love to hear it :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 09:23:23 AM »
It's no one's fault.  It was a planned shift in price levels to gain a particular political outcome.

Gas prices are sky high for 2 years.  Then, we suddenly have a 70-80 cent drop in prices for the two months before a crucial election.  Then, prices suddenly spike right back up following the election. 

Stepping back, we see that the President's family has a very established relationship with the Saudi groups which control OPEC output and therefore control prices.  We also see oil companies posting up to record $10.5B PROFIT quarters for oil companies continuing.  And we know that a republican controlled congress will not change any of the policies which have allowed this to take place.

It is possible that Bush 1 influences the saudis to increase output to drop prices for the 2006 election in order to maintain a favorable congress for 2 more years, which would benefit bush, oil campanies, and the Saudis.

Nope.  I'm convinced.  The Bush family controls the price of gas in the U.S. 

But I am a little disappointed to know it isn't the CIA.  I guess you cannot have everything. 

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 09:35:55 AM »

I think your explanation is very reasonable.

The problem, is that I doubt that lower oil prices will work in favor of the Republicans.

Why?

Because the drop was so big, and the drop came so close to the elections. Big risk that voters are going to associate the price drop with Bush-Saudi relations, and thus make Republicans associated with manipulating of world politics for their own good.

Everyone has been talking about how the price drop is manipulated by Bush.

Had Bush played it smart, the price drop would've been in effect since the start of the year. Then nobody would've associated it with political lewd conduct.

This year, it's Bush that is losing the election for the Republicans, rather than the Democrats that is winning it.

Which is sad. You always would like a party, whoever it is, to win based on its own merits.

Not on the other party having problems (GOP having Foley and the Bush Administration to cope with).

IMO, it's not a fair race. The Republican Party gets punished for what Bush does.

Does anyone believe that John McCain or Colin Powell would stay one minute if George W Bush entered a room and opened a conversation?

McCain and Powell are intellectuals...

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 09:59:09 AM »
240 is 100% correct.  I do side work in the gas industry and everyone in the gas world says "i have no dea why they've gone down so much, but they will go right back up after the election, it happens every time."  The other funny thing is that independent owners, or franchisees, make less and less money regadardless of how high prices are, but the oil companies make more every day.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 10:05:23 AM »
Increased oilprices = good for Norway.  ;D

Norway is ranked 2nd after Luxembourg on the GDP per capita list.

I'm sure Norway will be ranked as number one in a few years.

Norway no doubt will be the richest country in the world.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 10:12:51 AM »
The problem, is that I doubt that lower oil prices will work in favor of the Republicans.
Why?
Because the drop was so big, and the drop came so close to the elections. Big risk that voters are going to associate the price drop with Bush-Saudi relations, and thus make Republicans associated with manipulating of world politics for their own good.

Everyone has been talking about how the price drop is manipulated by Bush.

Had Bush played it smart, the price drop would've been in effect since the start of the year. Then nobody would've associated it with political lewd conduct.

Ah, but once you realize the lower gas prices were a result of Bush/Saudi oil output manipulation, you r eyes are now open :)

Now you are free to look at the other note that the White house has been trumpeting- The new highs in the DOW. 

It's manipulated too.  When fuel prices 25% unexpectedly, ANY firm with operations in shipping or production is going to see some surprising profits overnight.   And the residual effects will be felt in nearly every other industry.  You can't NOT see a jump in profits when people who have allocated money for gas suddenly have extra money to blow. 

Put it this way:  Does anyone here REALLY believe that the Dow will remain at 12,000 if suddenly gas prices jump 25 or 30%?

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 11:28:12 AM »
The norwegian economy is also highly dependent on the petroleum industry, especially the public sector which is fairly large (44%+ of GDP in 2002) and it get a lot of income from petroleum and high tax rates (the 9th highest taxation rates in the world).

When the petroleumadventure is gone, Norway will in my opinion not be ranked as high as it has in the past for to long. Experts think Sweedens downfall from being one of the richest countries in the world in the 1960s (ranked by GDP pr. capita) at least partially is a result of an overgrown public sector, and hopefully the same won't happen to Norway once the biggest source of income is gone, especially now when there will be bigger strains on the pension funds and healthcare funds. The effecitvenessloss from high taxation is quadratic? in nature, and an economy allready higly taxed will lose much more effectiveness from a a certain increase in tax rates than a low taxed economy.

Norway's oil resources ain't drying up anytime soon.

Many other countries are going before Norway.

Effect?

Higher oil prices, even more money in the Oil Funds.

The big question is why Norway hasn't invested the money in its infrastructure yet.

I don't see Autobahns and TGV railways being built anywhere?

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise