Author Topic: 2 days out...  (Read 21161 times)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
2 days out...
« on: October 31, 2006, 05:35:56 AM »
 This was 2 days out from the IFBB South African Champs which I won (as a light weight)
It's very tough competeing in an untested show where the playing fields arn't even, but I do my best, Unfortunalty we have no Natural shows worth competeing in here in S.A  :(..you guys are fortunate..but it does raise my standards, knowing what I'm up against ...and It's a sweet feeling when you bet 'em ;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: 2 days out...
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 06:13:53 AM »
damn dude i am very impressed!! you must be eating about 1000-1200 calories and 1 hour of cardio a day im assuming to get to that level. am i correct. im getting there but slowly.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 06:16:30 AM »
it must be great being that ripped, im not as ripped as you far from it , but i have good abs and its a great feeling and must feel really good to be as ripped as you, i was having these hot chicks touch my abs and they were like holy shit! hahaha
A

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 07:02:15 AM »
Yeah, It was an awesome experience...I went as low as 1500 calories, was training 3 times a day (1 weight training session in the Am, then a high intensity cardio session at noon and another cardio session in the evening)  ...for 6 weeks before the show. Man it was tough! I though I was going to literally die at some points  :o It's only possible to stay that lean for short amounts of time,I'm not ripped like that all the time ...just when I "peak" for contests.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 07:50:44 AM »
Yeah, It was an awesome experience...I went as low as 1500 calories, was training 3 times a day (1 weight training session in the Am, then a high intensity cardio session at noon and another cardio session in the evening)  ...for 6 weeks before the show. Man it was tough! I though I was going to literally die at some points  :o It's only possible to stay that lean for short amounts of time,I'm not ripped like that all the time ...just when I "peak" for contests.

i know what you mean dude. if i eat normally for just one day i have to double diet for 2 days to get back where i was to continue to lose fat. im pretty sure you are still ripped.
A

sinbad

• Getbig III
  • Chest like Arnold!
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 08:09:39 AM »
Damn, it takes some serious mental toughness to diet down like that. Well done. I am having a hard time just staying away from all the cookies and candy that is being put out around work today!!!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 11:44:39 PM »
Great condition. Congrats on your win! :)

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 01:11:56 AM »
Good Luck, amazing condition!

What kind of watch is that by the way?

S

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 03:03:49 AM »
It's a Sieko Kinetic..here's another pic I found from the evening show (Saturday) I was much fuller about 5 pounds heavier (More carbs and water) than the previous day at prejudging (Friday) lost a teeny bit of crispness but much more full.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 02:44:30 PM »
It's a Sieko Kinetic..here's another pic I found from the evening show (Saturday) I was much fuller about 5 pounds heavier (More carbs and water) than the previous day at prejudging (Friday) lost a teeny bit of crispness but much more full.

Finally a really sharp physique that we can all agree is natural!  I did natural shows and the conditioning is one you can tell easily!  Great job bro!   ;)

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 03:45:01 PM »
You have one of the most ripped physiques I have ever seen.  What type of routine do you use?  Please include the split and the amount of work sets per body part.  It would be appreciated.  If you could find the time to type out the complete routine that would be fantastic.  I can't believe the level of conditioning you have.

AVBG

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 04:00:42 PM »
great conditioning. Very impressive!  :o

Sparks

• Getbig I
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »
Wow dude, you were shredded.  :o

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 04:47:43 PM »
How do you do cardio?

Short, high intensity?
low intensity for long duration? (walking)?
somewhere in between?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 12:58:35 AM »
How do you do cardio?

Short, high intensity?
low intensity for long duration? (walking)?
somewhere in between?

Here's a link to an article I did on my style of cardio...

http://www.musclescience.co.za/training/from_flab_to_fab.htm

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 01:02:11 AM »
You have one of the most ripped physiques I have ever seen.  What type of routine do you use?  Please include the split and the amound of work sets per body part.  It would be appreciated.  If you could find the time to type out the complete routine that would be fantastic.  I can't believe the level of conditioning you have.

Here's a link to my diet and training breakdown...

http://www.musclescience.co.za/training/team_bodybuilder_routines.htm

http://www.musclescience.co.za/diets/bodybuilder_pre-contest_diets.htm

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 03:16:30 PM »
I follow a similar routine but your reps are lower than mine. I generally use 2 work set per exercise. For some reason I'm surprised you work out with low sets and hit each body part once a week.  I thought I would find a volume trainer.  If you are truly natural what you have achieved is incredible.

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 12:18:45 AM »
Congratulations on your win and on the level of conditioning you achieved. 

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 12:46:42 AM »
Congratulations on your win and on the level of conditioning you achieved. 

Thanks Jrod, Not too shabby yourself! ;) I was really impressed when I saw your conditioning too (in the photo's on another thread on this forum.) I actually e-mailed a couple of them to Jose Raymond who I met at the IFBB World Champs last year in China. He was saying what phenominal shape you were in at the Team Universe.Here are his exact words..

"He came in second in the middle weights at this years Team Universe, He was in phenomenal shape. He could compete in that classic bodybuilding you’ve  been talking about. By the way He’s only like 21 years old, still a full time student.

Jose Raymond"

So Keep it up man! you have a great future :)

P.S  Humdullah Aykutlug is also one of my big time inspirations when it comes to conditioning, I actually met him in Egypt at the IFBB Worlds in 2002 He is totally unreal to see on stage! Beats out guys twice his size, and his posing is totally phenominal too.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 08:29:27 AM »
i think you could be much bigger if you did more volume. but you have totally figured out how to get the best conditioning no doubt! maybe you could give me some cutting tips and ill give you my volume program hahaha
A

jrod

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 12:47:01 PM »

Thanks Jrod, Not too shabby yourself! ;) I was really impressed when I saw your conditioning too (in the photo's on another thread on this forum.) I actually e-mailed a couple of them to Jose Raymond who I met at the IFBB World Champs last year in China. He was saying what phenominal shape you were in at the Team Universe.Here are his exact words..

"He came in second in the middle weights at this years Team Universe, He was in phenomenal shape. He could compete in that classic bodybuilding you’ve  been talking about. By the way He’s only like 21 years old, still a full time student.

Jose Raymond"

So Keep it up man! you have a great future :)

P.S  Humdullah Aykutlug is also one of my big time inspirations when it comes to conditioning, I actually met him in Egypt at the IFBB Worlds in 2002 He is totally unreal to see on stage! Beats out guys twice his size, and his posing is totally phenominal too.

Thanks, I appreciate that.

So you've competed in the IFBB World Championships a couple of times; It must be alot of fun.  Maybe one day I will get to do that show.

I took a look at your training and diet articles.  Its interesting to note that I train very similarly to the way you do (Max-OT) and when I do cardio, I do 16 minute high intensity cardio.  As far as diet goes, the structure is similar, the main difference is that i have (in terms of ratios) less fat and more protein. 

Its nice to see similarities in other peoples training programs/diets. 

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 12:47:28 AM »
i think you could be much bigger if you did more volume. but you have totally figured out how to get the best conditioning no doubt! maybe you could give me some cutting tips and ill give you my volume program hahaha

I've tried volume training before with more sets and reps but it just wiped me out after a few weeks.I'm not saying volume doesn't work, maybe I just over did it.Also I also find shorter, heavy, more intense workout more time efficient.. especially with work etc.

Also I have no problem getting "big" it's just when you diet down you'll be surprised how little you weight when you get truly shredded, I ended up  30 pounds lighter than my offseason weight at the weigh in!

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2006, 01:02:16 AM »
Thanks, I appreciate that.

So you've competed in the IFBB World Championships a couple of times; It must be alot of fun.  Maybe one day I will get to do that show.

I took a look at your training and diet articles.  Its interesting to note that I train very similarly to the way you do (Max-OT) and when I do cardio, I do 16 minute high intensity cardio.  As far as diet goes, the structure is similar, the main difference is that i have (in terms of ratios) less fat and more protein. 

Its nice to see similarities in other peoples training programs/diets. 

The slightly lower than AST recommended protein & higher fat thing was something I was trying out a while back. After reading an article on T Mag by Dr Lowery ...Basically he was saying a diet of between 80 -100 grams of fat is required for optimal testosterone production.
I have recently upped my protein a bit since then and dropped my fat a bit...just to see how I feel. here is what my diet looks like at the moment.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2006, 07:02:13 AM »
What are your thoughts on cheat meals?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2006, 07:26:39 AM »
What are your thoughts on cheat meals?

Precontest I don't cheat
Off season not much iether ...I just don't really like eating junk food it makes me feel sick afterwards... If I eat out I have steak or chicken etc. To me eating bread is a cheat meal! :)

The thing is you shouldn't crave that shit if you eat enough and properly.The whole eating junk to speed up your metabolism thing is crap too. If I want to have a refeed I eat more clean carbs.That being said I don't see having a once a week "free day" as being too much of a set back, just keep it in control and don't use it as an excuse to binge all day... just satisfy that phycological craving once in a while and and get back on track