Author Topic: 2 days out...  (Read 21174 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: 2 days out...
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2006, 06:20:56 PM »
Precontest I don't cheat
Off season not much iether ...I just don't really like eating junk food it makes me feel sick afterwards... If I eat out I have steak or chicken etc. To me eating bread is a cheat meal! :)

The thing is you shouldn't crave that shit if you eat enough and properly.The whole eating junk to speed up your metabolism thing is crap too. If I want to have a refeed I eat more clean carbs.That being said I don't see having a once a week "free day" as being too much of a set back, just keep it in control and don't use it as an excuse to binge all day... just satisfy that phycological craving once in a while and and get back on track

i dissagree you need plenty of junkfood to speed up your metabolism. this is how i have halfway filled out my 6feet6 frame. i plan to be 350 pounds natural one day maybe ifn 5 years
A

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2006, 11:05:53 PM »

i dissagree you need plenty of junkfood to speed up your metabolism. this is how i have halfway filled out my 6feet6 frame. i plan to be 350 pounds natural one day maybe ifn 5 years

Maybe in your case it's different, i'm sure it's difficult to get in all the calories you need for growth at your height. (I mean just to get in 3500 calories of food look at what I eat in one day...it's not easy!)

As a general rule I'd say, as long as you're around 10-12% bodyfat in the off season I think it's OK for young meso/ecto'with fast metabolisms and big frames to get in some calories from junk food.

These are just my views but  I find the better shape I stay in, in the off season the harder I am come contest time...PLus I don't want to get too use to eating burgers n' Pizza ...it's just too hard to wean myself off that stuff when it's time to diet! :)

Jr. Franco

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2006, 12:53:00 PM »
You look really good man, nice work.
Aint a hobby, way of Life

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 01:05:56 PM »
Maybe in your case it's different, i'm sure it's difficult to get in all the calories you need for growth at your height. (I mean just to get in 3500 calories of food look at what I eat in one day...it's not easy!)

As a general rule I'd say, as long as you're around 10-12% bodyfat in the off season I think it's OK for young meso/ecto'with fast metabolisms and big frames to get in some calories from junk food.

These are just my views but  I find the better shape I stay in, in the off season the harder I am come contest time...PLus I don't want to get too use to eating burgers n' Pizza ...it's just too hard to wean myself off that stuff when it's time to diet! :)

You have inspired my fat ass to get in shape. I started this morn. I have no formula or nothing. Just do 30min of cardio 2 times a day and eat clean. Look at my fat ass face.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 03:45:33 PM »
Did you use ephedrine?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: November 08, 2006, 11:07:45 PM »
Did you use ephedrine?

Yes, for the 6 weeks before the show I took ephadrine 3 times a day. More to control my hunger pains and give me mental energy for my intense cardio and weight training sessions.
I want to try my next contest without it though.... as I don't like the jitters and I started to suffer from insomnia in the last few weeks, In retrospect I have a feeling it may increase stress hormone release a bit too (not good).
So I do think it's very possible to get into the same condition without ephedrine.

As to wether that makes me a Natural bodybuilder... well you be the judge... considering what my competition are taking I don't feel it was "wrong" But I can promise you guys that was the only precontest Drug I took (also caffiene) the rest was just diet, hard training and SUFFERING! for a long period of time :)

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2006, 05:34:47 AM »
Yes, for the 6 weeks before the show I took ephadrine 3 times a day. More to control my hunger pains and give me mental energy for my intense cardio and weight training sessions.
I want to try my next contest without it though.... as I don't like the jitters and I started to suffer from insomnia in the last few weeks, In retrospect I have a feeling it may increase stress hormone release a bit too (not good).
So I do think it's very possible to get into the same condition without ephedrine.

As to wether that makes me a Natural bodybuilder... well you be the judge... considering what my competition are taking I don't feel it was "wrong" But I can promise you guys that was the only precontest Drug I took (also caffiene) the rest was just diet, hard training and SUFFERING! for a long period of time :)

I use ephedrine and I like it very much. I never have any problems with insomnia. Plus, ephedrine has been shown to help retain muscle mass while in a caloric deficit.

I do not consider ephedrine use to be un-natural. To me, natural is about not using steroids or growth hormone.

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #32 on: November 09, 2006, 05:39:15 AM »

what was your dosage every-time you took it? did u take aspirin with the ephedrine and caffeine?
:D

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2006, 06:55:32 AM »
what was your dosage every-time you took it? did u take aspirin with the ephedrine and caffeine?

No asprin, just 20mg ephadrine, which I combined with a ephadrine free thermogenic product which had 200 mg caffiene, green tea extract etc. I also found when I was feeling very tired BCAA capsules and L - tyrosine helped my mental focus quite a bit.

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »
WEDNESDAY (DAY 3) - Legs
The sets listed in the workout below do not include warm-up sets.

Sets

Reps*

Squats

3sets

4-6reps
45° Leg Press    
2sets

4-6reps
Leg Curls    
2sets

4-6reps
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts    
2sets

4-6 reps

You only do 5 sets for quads? It is hard to belive Super Natural???!

Nathan

• Getbig III
  • 5'11 185 lbs
« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2006, 03:43:56 PM »
Awsome shape Super must of been hard to get that cut!
P

cornebb

• Getbig II
  • squat
« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2006, 05:37:45 PM »
No asprin, just 20mg ephadrine, which I combined with a ephadrine free thermogenic product which had 200 mg caffiene, green tea extract etc. I also found when I was feeling very tired BCAA capsules and L - tyrosine helped my mental focus quite a bit.
the Muscle Science Francis Benfatto BCAA's??? how many would you take?
:D

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2006, 11:40:50 PM »
WEDNESDAY (DAY 3) - Legs
The sets listed in the workout below do not include warm-up sets.

Sets

Reps*

Squats

3sets

4-6reps
45° Leg Press    
2sets

4-6reps
Leg Curls    
2sets

4-6reps
Stiff Leg Dead Lifts    
2sets

4-6 reps

You only do 5 sets for quads? It is hard to belive Super Natural???!

5 sets working sets is more than enough if you train very intensly, I know it may sound like low volume, but each one of those sets is done very heavy, to the apsolute max.Anyone who has trained with me can hardly walk after one of our leg workouts and for the 2 days after.

The other thing which can be confusing especially if you read flex, muscular developement etc. and the amount of sets the Pro's do, As anatural one has to realise that unless your also taking a what they are you'll never recover from that kind of volume long term,

To me their advice is irrelavant and my circumstances (Hormonal status).

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2006, 11:44:06 PM »
the Muscle Science Francis Benfatto BCAA's??? how many would you take?

5 to 10 grams BCAA worth of capsules at a time.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: November 09, 2006, 11:49:38 PM »
What do I mean by intense?...Well, here's me doing cardio :)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: November 09, 2006, 11:53:14 PM »
 banging out 6 reps with 132 pound dumbells (3 weeks out from my contest)...

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2006, 02:53:06 AM »
I am allso life time drug free competitor. I am completed 25 years. But I have never try only 5 working sets for my competition. As a drug free atlete is very important training as well as recovery.
I do 9 working sets also i do drop sets, giga sets,.....to fel the burn in my muscle.
Here is my old pictures when I was junior...

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2006, 03:00:36 AM »
That are my new picture 8 week before contest.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2006, 03:36:06 AM »
I am allso life time drug free competitor. I am completed 25 years. But I have never try only 5 working sets for my competition. As a drug free atlete is very important training as well as recovery.
I do 9 working sets also i do drop sets, giga sets,.....to fel the burn in my muscle.
Here is my old pictures when I was junior...

Your condition looks really good well done.
I guess you could say there are many paths to get to the top of the mountain.
I think the path I've chosen is working well for me right now, next year i'm going for Gold at the IFBB World Champs so we'll see if it gets me to the top ;D

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #44 on: November 10, 2006, 05:04:17 AM »
Your condition looks really good well done.
I guess you could say there are many paths to get to the top of the mountain.
I think the path I've chosen is working well for me right now, next year i'm going for Gold at the IFBB World Champs so we'll see if it gets me to the top ;D

Thanx.
I guess so many there are many paths to reach your goals. We just have to find the right path that works for us.
Are you gonna compete natural or with drugs at IFBB Worlds Champs?
You have chances compete with other guy because you are in light weigt cahategory.
I am 185 cm tall and I need a lot ...lot...... more mass to comptete with those guys.
That is just imposible natural.
Maybe It is  still hope for me to  compeate in classic bodybuilding (tall) cathegory at IFBB World Champs?
You have done gret job. Cogratulation for winning at competition in SA. :)

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: November 10, 2006, 05:18:51 AM »
Thanx.
I guess so many there are many paths to reach your goals. We just have to find the right path that works for us.
Are you gonna compete natural or with drugs at IFBB Worlds Champs?
You have chances compete with other guy because you are in light weigt cahategory.
I am 185 cm tall and I need a lot ...lot...... more mass to comptete with those guys.
That is just imposible natural.
Maybe It is  still hope for me to  compeate in classic bodybuilding (tall) cathegory at IFBB World Champs?
You have done gret job. Cogratulation for winning at competition in SA. :)

Definitly classic bodybuilding categorie, drug free. I've entered twice and not placed in top 15 in the open light weight/welter weight class it's very tough...I doubt you can win at the worlds nowadays drug free...I mean the USA Heavy weight overall winner from the T.U. this year didn't even feature at the Worlds recently and he's outstanding for a Natural.

I worked it out last night I'm 167 cm tall so 167-100 +2...means I have to weigh 69 kg! which will be tough weight to get down to.I'm 81kg now with abs...but I'm prepared to suffer  :)

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2006, 05:32:31 AM »
I am on those photos 99kg. This year I have to improve some parts on me. So I will have to put more weights on me.
I am planin to have 105kg with my abs out. Around 10-11% of bodyfat off season.
Suffer is necesary for god result on world champs. That just the way it is!
What about your cardio when you are off season?
And do you take some time off training for 4-5days and how often?

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2006, 05:49:16 AM »
I am on those photos 99kg. This year I have to improve some parts on me. So I will have to put more weights on me.
I am planin to have 105kg with my abs out. Around 10-11% of bodyfat off season.
Suffer is necesary for god result on world champs. That just the way it is!
What about your cardio when you are off season?
And do you take some time off training for 4-5days and how often?

Off season - I do easy cardio 3 to 4 times a week(20 minutes walking on treadmill 15 degree incline, reasonably fast walking) just for general fitness/nutrient partitioning/recovery.

I train for 6 to 8 weeks and then take a full week off (no cardio or weights)
For the first week back I take it easy before I turn it up in the 2nd week.

De Angelo

• Getbig II
  • DeangeloFit
« Reply #48 on: November 10, 2006, 05:55:40 AM »

Off season - I do easy cardio 3 to 4 times a week(20 minutes walking on treadmill 15 degree incline, reasonably fast walking) just for general fitness/nutrient partitioning/recovery.

I train for 6 to 8 weeks and then take a full week off (no cardio or weights)
For the first week back I take it easy before I turn it up in the 2nd week.

That is the same I do off season.
After all we do have some same paths ;D

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2006, 02:44:17 AM »
Great condition SuperNatural.  I have a question, What was your body fat percentage before you cut, and what was it after you cut.  Thanks. 

I have no idea, I just went by how I looked in my progress pics and the mirror, and my strength in the gym. I would guess 12-13 %, I'm not sure, I never got/get flabby or anything... just a bit smooth.