Author Topic: Someone said frnaco was in conan the barbarian??  (Read 4289 times)

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Someone said frnaco was in conan the barbarian??
« on: November 01, 2006, 02:55:55 AM »
Havnt watched all the film for awhile but can someone tell me at what part he appears in the film??

davie
It isn't the mountains ah

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Someone said frnaco was in conan the barbarian??
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:50:43 AM »
Franco is the Pict warrior in the very beginning  when Conans camp is being attacked. He runs up on a huge rock and squats down as a bunch of guys on horses ride past him. He has a curly wig on a bunch of paint on his face.
X

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 10:57:02 AM »
Franco is the Pict warrior in the very beginning  when Conans camp is being attacked. He runs up on a huge rock and squats down as a bunch of guys on horses ride past him. He has a curly wig on a bunch of paint on his face.
:o I never knew that was franco. Did he even make the credits??
bodybuildersreality.com

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 03:06:03 PM »
:o I never knew that was franco. Did he even make the credits??

Neither did i lol.

Just watched it o tv actually but guess what, missed the 1st 20mins lol.

Also at the end it says  connan fought many battles/had adventures etc and eventually became a king himself and that this story will also be told....man i wish they'd made that into a film aswell. would have been good!!haha.

davie

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 03:54:46 PM »
Neither did i lol.

Just watched it o tv actually but guess what, missed the 1st 20mins lol.

Also at the end it says  connan fought many battles/had adventures etc and eventually became a king himself and that this story will also be told....man i wish they'd made that into a film aswell. would have been good!!haha.

davie
I agree.
bodybuildersreality.com

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
X

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 04:44:58 AM »
That makes at least 2-Terminator and Conan.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 08:34:33 AM »
Davie: Franco would not make the credits because he was used as an extra (SEG). He was paid scale for a day's shooting and a box lunch thrown in. Of course all this would apply if the movie was made in the U.S. and under union agreement. Franco had made a few low budget movies himself. Mostly shown in small towns and any drive-in's that are still in business. Diffent second features. The southern part of America seems to be a good market for those cheaply made flicks.

There are a whole series of books on Conan adventures, written in the 1930's. From a child to an old man, if I remember right. They were written by Robert E Howard (lived in Texas all his life), who committed suicide when he was 30. A good part of those Conan books were based of old Celtic/Keltic myth's and stories. Howard also wrote the Kull stories and Red Sonja (spelled wrong?). I read most of the Conan and some of the Kull books when about 13 or 14 years old. But there a good read at any age. Adventure, mystic and mythology stuff, read with a open mind. Good Luck.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 10:17:58 AM »
Thanks Knny!
haha yeah thanks knny! thats awesome! leave it to you to make up an avatar!
bodybuildersreality.com

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 10:28:14 AM »
Davie: Franco would not make the credits because he was used as an extra (SEG). He was paid scale for a day's shooting and a box lunch thrown in. Of course all this would apply if the movie was made in the U.S. and under union agreement. Franco had made a few low budget movies himself. Mostly shown in small towns and any drive-in's that are still in business. Diffent second features. The southern part of America seems to be a good market for those cheaply made flicks.

There are a whole series of books on Conan adventures, written in the 1930's. From a child to an old man, if I remember right. They were written by Robert E Howard (lived in Texas all his life), who committed suicide when he was 30. A good part of those Conan books were based of old Celtic/Keltic myth's and stories. Howard also wrote the Kull stories and Red Sonja (spelled wrong?). I read most of the Conan and some of the Kull books when about 13 or 14 years old. But there a good read at any age. Adventure, mystic and mythology stuff, read with a open mind. Good Luck.

Thanks, good info....you gotta admit tho it would have been good if they'd made the follow on from Connan?! I mean they set the stage at the end of the film wen u see arnie with a beard sitting on a kind of thrown with his sword. An the narrators telling us some follow on info. Oh well, lol.

davie

bcrizzy

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 12:21:39 PM »
franco has a small part in every movie arnold has ever made ..............check it out and u'll see its true

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 01:03:42 PM »
franco has a small part in every movie arnold has ever made ..............check it out and u'll see its true
you sure about that....hes not in jingle all the way.
bodybuildersreality.com

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 05:27:09 PM »

I don't remember him anywhere in Twins
a

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2006, 05:43:27 AM »
Is he in Conan The Destroyer? I rented that a few days ago.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 07:04:12 PM »
unless he played a background santa that tried to kick Arnold's ass.
bodybuildersreality.com

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 07:15:27 AM »
Franco played one of the dwarf's in the background making toy's. Actually Franco may have been in all of Arnold's flicks, but the film editor will cut out a lot of unneeded shot's. So as they say, Franco's time on film may have wound up on the cutting room floor. I would doubt that Arnold had final say on what stayed in the final cut. That's the directors job. I hope Arnold gave his old Bud a few crumbs in all of his movies.