Author Topic: OLD SKOOL LEVRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4784 times)

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
Re: OLD SKOOL LEVRONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 07:17:00 PM »
Heath isn't appealing because all things considered he's quite narrow.  He essentially has everything you'd want in an aesthetic pro except a decent width.

Yeah and I don't think his facial features are sharp enough for my tastes.  I know that's an interesting observation but I still think it to be significant enough here to mention.  Yes, most consider him good looking...but not "dashing."  Chicks would call his good looks "sweet" or "adorable."

dashing:  lively and spirited; "a dashing hero"
dapper: marked by up-to-dateness in dress and manners; "a dapper young man"; "a jaunty red hat"

The best magazine cover models have all been "dashing."  It's the only way I know how to put it. 

Matt C, discuss.   ;)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2006, 07:28:15 PM »
Heath isn't appealing because all things considered he's quite narrow.  He essentially has everything you'd want in an aesthetic pro except a decent width.

although im a huge fan of heath. first bc of his amazing seperation and condition throughout, plus the fact that hes so good effortlessly... but he is very narrow for someone with sup. so much "potential"... with a high chest that scrunches together in a lot of poses... theres just not alot more places where he can put quality mass.... huge arms, huge quads/calves, but with narrow clavicles

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2006, 08:30:30 PM »
I think it's important to note that the clip doesn't even really get good until 2 minutes and about 25 seconds into it.  That's the best part of it, so when you look at it don't just close after the first minute or so... 

It's also interesting to note that it was Kevin's first Mr. Olympia and he placed second.  I wanna make 2 observations about this. 

1)  There were components to his muscularity and aesthetic here that made him probably our favorite physique to look at in the whole show.

2)  He still had flaws.  His back, while cool to look at in some shots, was still very obviously overpowered by his shoulders and quad flare from the back.  His calves were very weak there as well. 

Now...how would you have placed him in this show?  I don't think anyone would have had him first...because of his flaws, and because it was just his first Olympia-level showing, meaning that we all know he had plenty of time to improve...so I'm just saying...there are many intangibles that physique judgement in shows invariably involves that can't be discounted as legitimate. 

Having said all that, I'll still say he was the best bodybuilder in that show.  Paradox?  Maybe, maybe not.  Just food for thought.   

And oh yeah, Earl, good lookin' out.   ;D

great post jeff :)

i would've had him first 8)

E
E

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2006, 11:53:03 PM »
Heath needs to bring up his arms a little, not disproportionate enough.

bigkahuna

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 12:06:38 AM »
his arms are some of the best in the world, however i cant get past how small his chest looks in some poses.

rccs

• Getbig IV
  • Alma Matter!
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2006, 02:34:48 AM »
Levrone is a god amongst mere mortals
Now your "god" looks like a tennis player! Was he expeled from "Heaven"?  ;D
S

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »
Now your "god" looks like a tennis player! Was he expeled from "Heaven"?  ;D

yeah it's kind of hard to have noticeable muscle when you don't eat protein or train ::)

E
E

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2006, 10:32:27 AM »

fucking awesome..he ain't that narrow..he is just perfect.fuckin thick as a brick.my guess is he will win the arnold if martinez comes in off and that my friends will never happen....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

McFarland

• Getbig V
  • Tastes Like WINNING
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2006, 11:28:27 AM »
fucking awesome..he ain't that narrow..he is just perfect.fuckin thick as a brick.my guess is he will win the arnold if martinez comes in off and that my friends will never happen....

Top 5 for sure if he comes in shape.  Who else are we looking at for that show now?  Cormier, Dexter, Martinez, Heath...who else?  Strydom's planning on doing the Ironman, so I'm sure he'll be looking for an Arnold invite if he doesn't already have one...is Dugdale doing the Arnold?

Now all we need is for Levrone to make a surprise comeback and we'd surely have the best pro lineup we've seen in years. 

Heath's pretty good...I just don't like the shape of his abs, really.  I think it's cause mine are gonna have to get better...but just like everything else, of course.  :P        

tweeter

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2006, 01:57:46 PM »
Even though Heath has a very aesthetic physique, there is still something that just doesn't look quite right to me. I think its because his abs are weird looking and he is kinda narrow. He still looks awesome, but he just doesn't have that flow that guys like Flex or Shawn did.

mrco

• Getbig I
« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »
Heath is an awsome BB especially because he is just in his 1st year as an IFBB pro. The changes he has made from just the USA to his pro debut were unbelievable! Give him a chance and see how he improves from this year to the Arnold next year. You guys are already judging him like he is peaked out already, and you don't even have a clue how he is looking currently, or how he used to look 5 years ago. I'm not a huge fan either but I train at the same gym and have seen him improve and grow the last couple years like no one else. Ronnie looked nothing like his best for probably the first 4-5 years of his career but he kept improving every year. No one knows how Phil will end up looking 5 years from now but I guarantee he'll probably be better then 95% of all the IFBB pros out there, narrow shoulders, high chest and all! The funny thing is Phil does'nt talk any shit or gossip, he is'nt all wrapped up in all the weird ,crazy,f@#ked up stuff in the BB world. In my opinion We need more bb's like him and a lot less guys like Titus, Prince and the never ending list of idiots. It's called bodybuilding for a reason. Give him some time and we shall all see. He is already acomplished more in one year then most Pros do in there whole career.

cqfd

• Getbig II
  • cylindrical waists suck!
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:36 PM »
Heath may have the melvin anthony syndrome, i.e. a big head wich makes everything look small.

About kevrone, one thing that prevented him from being mr o is that he does not look good in what are probably the most essential poses, the front double biceps and the double bi. He looks ok but not great.
Most of the past mr o looked dominant in one of each or both.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2006, 08:47:01 PM »
how did a levrone thread turn into a heath thread? >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

E
E