Author Topic: Mayweather vs Baldomir this Saturday!  (Read 1753 times)

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
Mayweather vs Baldomir this Saturday!
« on: November 01, 2006, 12:37:18 PM »
Baldomir may be the toughest competetion that Pretty Boy has ever seen. He is a brawler and agressive. Floyd is a dancer. Matches are made with styles, the contrasting styles b/t the two will make this a good fight. If I were a betting man, I would place some money on the upset.
The Number 2 in Scranton

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
Re: Mayweather vs Baldomir this Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 12:56:07 PM »
Floyd is going to mop the floor up with that clown.

...and where did you get that "dancer" stuff from. Floyd is known through out the boxing world for his defense UP CLOSE IN CLOSE QUARTERS. Who has he ever ran from? When did you see him dance?

This guys connect % on power punches alone STAYS above 45-50% constantly. You don't get those connect%'s from running and dancing. You get them from standing IN RANGE and countering picking your opponent apart systematically like he has done time and time again and will do to BALTIMORE.  ;)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 01:07:56 PM »
it'll be a good fight.

amc1980

• Getbig III
  • Thats a special hat, Spirit, give it baaaaack!
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 01:13:31 PM »
It's not hard to have a 50% connect when you are the most talented fighter in the world and your last four opponents were:Bruseles, Gatti, Judah and Mitchell.

One day he's going to get a suprise from one of these B level fighters. He claims to be all about the money, but he turned down a record payday of 8 million to fight Margarito. How odd!

He's Roy Jones without charisma.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 01:50:47 PM »
he is slowly starting to have the reputation of dodging tougher opponents to keep his record in place. i would like to see him fight Oscar being that Oscar's trainer id Flyod Sr.
Flyod Sr. said that the fight would end in a victory for Oscar. would be a great fight. Golden Boy VS. Pretty Boy. Floyd Jr. should win by desicion i think.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 01:52:53 PM »
Mayweather is a pussy.

He would get his ass handed to him if he would face the best competition.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 02:20:55 PM »
It's not hard to have a 50% connect when you are the most talented fighter in the world and your last four opponents were:Bruseles, Gatti, Judah and Mitchell.

One day he's going to get a suprise from one of these B level fighters. He claims to be all about the money, but he turned down a record payday of 8 million to fight Margarito. How odd!

He's Roy Jones without charisma.

that's funny when the guy he's fighting got all the credit in the world when he beat 2 of those 4. lol Floyd cleans them out and they are nobodies all over again. Same thing with Diego Corrales too huh?

Amazing how you guys get bought and sold on this junk. Margarito this Margarito that.....I have a question? who has HE beat? OH it's 8 million so floyd should take it...FOR WHAT! WHO IS MARGARITO! FLOYD HAS MILLIONS ALREADY!

WINKY WRIGHT turned down Margarito (bet you didn't know that either) .....You know why....BECAUSE HE IS A NOBODY! 

When margarito does something (like fight mosely which I bet he won't) and see if he can beat him then he will have enough pull to get a shot.

This guy has called out everyone's hero oscar delahoya, and he aint even stupid enough to fight floyd. He called out mosely after he beat fernando, he jumped ship, so he's fighting the man who beat NAME FIGHTERS...which is BALTIMORE. LOL.

I'd like a list of the best competition for mayweather please? who are they? Do they exist?

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 02:56:06 PM »
that's funny when the guy he's fighting got all the credit in the world when he beat 2 of those 4. lol Floyd cleans them out and they are nobodies all over again. Same thing with Diego Corrales too huh?

Amazing how you guys get bought and sold on this junk. Margarito this Margarito that.....I have a question? who has HE beat? OH it's 8 million so floyd should take it...FOR WHAT! WHO IS MARGARITO! FLOYD HAS MILLIONS ALREADY!

WINKY WRIGHT turned down Margarito (bet you didn't know that either) .....You know why....BECAUSE HE IS A NOBODY! 

When margarito does something (like fight mosely which I bet he won't) and see if he can beat him then he will have enough pull to get a shot.

This guy has called out everyone's hero oscar delahoya, and he aint even stupid enough to fight floyd. He called out mosely after he beat fernando, he jumped ship, so he's fighting the man who beat NAME FIGHTERS...which is BALTIMORE. LOL.

I'd like a list of the best competition for mayweather please? who are they? Do they exist?

So let me get this straight, Margarito is not deserving of a shot because he has not beat anybody. Yet, Baldomir is deserving of a shot at the title because he beat Judah and Gatti, both of whom Pretty Girl recently beat without breaking a sweat. Yeah, that makes sense. Baldomir is as much of a draw as Margarito, i.e. not much.

A list of fighters for Floyd:Hatton, Cotto, Witter, Williams and of course Tony Margarito.

I used to like Floyd up until the second Castillio fight, but now I just think he's a wife-beating, money-grabbing cock.

He should look at Manny Pacs recent resume to see the type of opposition a real pound for pounder fights.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 03:53:41 PM »
So let me get this straight, Margarito is not deserving of a shot because he has not beat anybody. Yet, Baldomir is deserving of a shot at the title because he beat Judah and Gatti, both of whom Pretty Girl recently beat without breaking a sweat. Yeah, that makes sense. Baldomir is as much of a draw as Margarito, i.e. not much.

A list of fighters for Floyd:Hatton, Cotto, Witter, Williams and of course Tony Margarito.

I used to like Floyd up until the second Castillio fight, but now I just think he's a wife-beating, money-grabbing cock.

He should look at Manny Pacs recent resume to see the type of opposition a real pound for pounder fights.
that is true i forgot about his wife beating charges. best fighter pound for pound would include females also i guess. i may not be 1/100 of a fighter Mayweather is but at least i can say i dont train my ass of in the gym so i can hit a lady. real tough guy. i wonder if he used a combination or just an upper cut for her. and did he hold his belt up over his head after he knocked her down?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 06:24:37 PM »

I'll take williams out of that entire list in a year or so (if he can make weight and not get too big because of his height) to take out floyd. Nice choice.

I honestly feel right now Mosley can take him out. And I mean OUT by KO... Not sure why Sugar didn't take it this year, but if they sign up for early next year he would be my favorite to take floyd out.

All of these other guys are Tailor made for him.

Other than Mosley and Williams (in a year or  so) I don't see none of these other guys beating him right now.

P.S. He and Manny are in entirely different weight classes. Looking at his resume would be pointless. 

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 06:39:29 PM »
Floyd will kick his ass.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 09:14:24 PM »
it'll be a good fight.

translation: To this day, my mom cleans my face in public with a spit tissue

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 02:50:55 AM »

I'll take williams out of that entire list in a year or so (if he can make weight and not get too big because of his height) to take out floyd. Nice choice.

I honestly feel right now Mosley can take him out. And I mean OUT by KO... Not sure why Sugar didn't take it this year, but if they sign up for early next year he would be my favorite to take floyd out.

All of these other guys are Tailor made for him.

Other than Mosley and Williams (in a year or  so) I don't see none of these other guys beating him right now.

P.S. He and Manny are in entirely different weight classes. Looking at his resume would be pointless. 

I see what you're saying about Mosley. He is stronger than Mayweather, hits harder than him and is still relatively quick, but I still have my doubts about him. He's looked shit for a while and I just wonder if it was a case of Vargas being so shot that he made Mosley look good again? If he is getting back to anywhere near his pre-forrest days, I agree with you, he would stop Floyd.

What do you think of Cintron's chances against Floyd in a few fights time? I know Margarito brutalised him, but he's starting to look quite good again, IMO. Plus he's huge and can crack with that right hand.

I realise that Manny is in a different weight class, but you can stil lcompare the two. Isn't that how we judge who's pound for pound?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 09:41:48 AM »
I see what you're saying about Mosley. He is stronger than Mayweather, hits harder than him and is still relatively quick, but I still have my doubts about him. He's looked shit for a while and I just wonder if it was a case of Vargas being so shot that he made Mosley look good again? If he is getting back to anywhere near his pre-forrest days, I agree with you, he would stop Floyd.

What do you think of Cintron's chances against Floyd in a few fights time? I know Margarito brutalised him, but he's starting to look quite good again, IMO. Plus he's huge and can crack with that right hand.

I realise that Manny is in a different weight class, but you can stil lcompare the two. Isn't that how we judge who's pound for pound?

Cintron.....I don't know man. He said he just wasn't there mentally against Margarito. Said he didn't fight like it was for a title, he said...These are his words. I saw that fight (against margarito) and I just felt like Kermit just wasn't ready for some reason. Didn't bring his A game at all. Had the same feeling when Lacy got beat pillar to post against Joe Calzaghe. These guys had no plan B. I felt.

Cintron would need a plan A,B,C,D and F against floyd. lol. Kermit just got a vacant belt (if i'm not mistaken)

Castillo had the best chance out of the current guys of beating floyd. (we all know how that turned out) I like Castillo, he's one tough SOB.

Pac-man is relentless. It funny how these little guys are the "bangers" out there now Ko'ing everybody. lol  Marco Antonio Barrera is my favorite though.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 10:19:31 AM »
Floyd Jr. probably will win a decision, but He's got to bring His A game.  Baldomir is no tomato can.  He's proved how tuff He was in beating Zab and Gotti.  His bull like style should bring out the best in Floyd.  The thing that gets me about Mayweather is that with all His belts, He seems to avoid the toughest in the division.  If He beats Baldy and Margarito can win a few big name fights like Mosley, Cotto or even Forest, than their will be no excuses left for Floyd not to fight Margariot, which could be the Hearns-Leonard of our time.  Both need exciting fights then we may see the biggest welterweight fight in history.  The promoters know what's a 20 million dollar fight today will be a 100 million dollar fight in 2 years if all goes according to plan.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 10:20:30 AM »
monster posting on the right board !

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2006, 12:12:49 PM »
That result came as a massive suprise. ::)

I suppose, at least the Yanks have got their hands on a bit of the heavyweight title again.

Shannon Briggs the saviour of American heavyweight boxing. Hahahaha!

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2006, 12:33:26 PM »
That result came as a massive suprise. ::)

I suppose, at least the Yanks have got their hands on a bit of the heavyweight title again.

Shannon Briggs the saviour of American heavyweight boxing. Hahahaha!

I didn't get a chance to see the briggs match. I heard he was gased out after like 2 rounds? lol. then I heard he knocked the guy out of the ring in the 12th or something. What happened there?

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »
I'm in the UK and they didn't show it here, I have to wait a month to get fights from the US sent to me. But from the round by round I read it seemed pretty dire. It sounded like it was more a case of Liakhovich throwing it away, than Briggs taking it.

Who did Floyd call out?

K-1

• Getbig IV
  • TEAM NO MERCY!!!
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2006, 01:46:24 PM »
Who did Floyd call out?

He came to the podium, broke down and said he is going to have one more fight, then he is retiring. Shooting for a May 5th bout against Delahoya next year, then he's done. Said if he can't get that to happen then he's fighting one more time, and he's done.

..also in the 5th or 6th round I think he broke his hand again. Hasn't been released yet officially (doubt he'll admit to it) , but watching the fight you could tell it was damaged. I think he knows his hands cant hold up anymore. He's done in my book. Once your tools go bad, it's over. Later gator.

Time to shut it down floyd.

amc1980

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2006, 02:28:14 PM »
Shame about Floyd retiring. There were a few more decent matchups to be made.

The sooner Oscar retires the better! Too many fighters waiting for that De La Hoya payday, it's getting in the way of good fights.

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2006, 12:27:12 PM »
Retire or not, Floyd needs Oscar to get to the HOF IMO.  He's a runner and stank the crowd out Sat nite.  It takes 2 to make a fight and until Floyd gets into a shoutout with a big name and comes out on top than He's just another overhyped fighter.  He's lucky to be compaired to Sugar Ray Leonard and Thomas Hearns, but to hear Him compair himself to the great Sugar Ray Robinson is a joke.  Robinson knocked out middleweights with 1 punch.  Floyd's a track star and until He comes off his toes and excites a crowd, He'll never be mentioned with the greats.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio