Author Topic: 2816 US Soldiers killed in Iraq  (Read 2595 times)

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
2816 US Soldiers killed in Iraq
« on: November 01, 2006, 06:01:49 PM »
http://www.icasualties.org/oif/

How many more do you guys think will die before the US pulls out?

Mr. Intenseone

Re: 2816 US Soldiers killed in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 06:13:50 PM »
Bast, for the love of God everytime you post it's just like having John Kerry on here....I'll quote Imus from today "Just keep your mouth shut, go biking, go windsurfing, so sailing..anything, just shut your mouth"!!

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 06:14:36 PM »
At least double

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 06:18:44 PM »
Bast, for the love of God everytime you post it's just like having John Kerry on here....I'll quote Imus from today "Just keep your mouth shut, go biking, go windsurfing, so sailing..anything, just shut your mouth"!!

What?  I posted a fact dipshit.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 06:19:01 PM »

Ouch, are you getting touchy about all the dead US soldiers? I thought you didn't care because they were volunteers?

And by the way, just avert the attention away from the dead soldiers and onto what that moron Kerry said so that no one actually talks about the real issues and instead focuses on the words of some idiotic blowhard.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 06:19:55 PM »
Actually aspiring republicans should just hide their head in the sand everytime things like this are brought up.  That way they don;t have to live with the real truth and can just blame everything on Liberals.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 06:23:20 PM »
I'd like to see Bush send his two daughters to fight in Iraq.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 07:37:11 PM »
ask the soldiers in iraq if they want to come home. theyll ask to stay. over 50% of the soldiers there re-enlist after their tour of duty,when they are allowed to go home. republicans shouldnt blame the liberals. we should all be blaming the terrorists.
there is no shortage of people wanting to go to iraq. the problem is theres way too many people that dont understand why someone would go there. if you dont believe in the war or your too afraid, then fine, dont fucking go.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 07:48:35 PM »
ask the soldiers in iraq if they want to come home. theyll ask to stay.

Those soldiers who want to stay are stupid then.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 08:01:43 PM »
ask the soldiers in iraq if they want to come home. theyll ask to stay. over 50% of the soldiers there re-enlist after their tour of duty,when they are allowed to go home. republicans shouldnt blame the liberals. we should all be blaming the terrorists.
there is no shortage of people wanting to go to iraq. the problem is theres way too many people that dont understand why someone would go there. if you dont believe in the war or your too afraid, then fine, dont fucking go.

http://www.zogby.com/NEWS/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075

U.S. Troops in Iraq: 72% Say End War in 2006

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn/A32521-2003Oct15?language=printer
S

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 08:08:37 PM »
notice that study used 944 people. last i checked there are 14000 troops in iraq.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 08:14:29 PM »

Are you sure about that?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 08:58:03 PM »
I'd like to see Bush send his two daughters to fight in Iraq.

Then that would be a draft and not volunteer now wouldn't it???????????

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 10:01:46 PM »
notice that study used 944 people. last i checked there are 14000 troops in iraq.

Perhaps you are not aware of this... but you can poll 7% of the population group and get a pretty damn good idea of what the people think to a pretty small margin of error.

i'd invite you to take stats 1.

If you want, I can work out the problem for you and provide a further owning, but I'm kinda hungry and there is chicken in the fridge.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 10:07:18 PM »
Then that would be a draft and not volunteer now wouldn't it???????????
And what do you think it's going to take to be Team America World Police.... FUCK YEA....  ::)

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 12:11:25 AM »
the war will most likely go on indefinitely for the rest of our lifetimes, with the amounts and composition of the troops (think private contractors) varying

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 08:03:08 AM »

I agree. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 09:31:10 AM »
I agree. 

Dude, you're agreeing with kh300's opinion.

Zogby did a poll, and found:
Le Moyne College/Zogby Poll shows just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay “as long as they are needed”

It might feel really warm and gooey inside to agree with kh300 that "theyll ask to stay." 
But the soldiers actually feel otherwise http://www.zogby.com/NEWS/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075 and 80% of them ARE NOT down to stay there as long as needed.

No, do you want to believe kh and his guess, or zogby?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 09:54:07 AM »
Dude, you're agreeing with kh300's opinion.

Zogby did a poll, and found:
Le Moyne College/Zogby Poll shows just one in five troops want to heed Bush call to stay “as long as they are needed”

It might feel really warm and gooey inside to agree with kh300 that "theyll ask to stay." 
But the soldiers actually feel otherwise http://www.zogby.com/NEWS/ReadNews.dbm?ID=1075 and 80% of them ARE NOT down to stay there as long as needed.

No, do you want to believe kh and his guess, or zogby?

We probably have the largest per capita military presence in the country in Hawaii.  I know lots of service members and have several friends on the ground in Iraq now.  I speak to retired and active duty service members every week.  Some are afraid, some want out, but most are proudly serving their country.  One of my friends just joined the National Guard.  I just wrote a letter of recommendation for another who is trying to join the military.  So, yes I agree with kh300's opinion.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 10:04:45 AM »
We probably have the largest per capita military presence in the country in Hawaii.  I know lots of service members and have several friends on the ground in Iraq now.  I speak to retired and active duty service members every week.  Some are afraid, some want out, but most are proudly serving their country.  One of my friends just joined the National Guard.  I just wrote a letter of recommendation for another who is trying to join the military.  So, yes I agree with kh300's opinion.  

You're letting your interpretation of positive experiences with people from the military who you are friends with - which puts them as more likely to be of similar backgrounds and beliefs. You are not speaking with black 20 year olds in Detroit on leave.  You are speaking with middle aged white military lifers who have chosen a life of paradise in hawaii, whether is be a base or home.

Can you see how your highly scientific researching (bullshitting with wealthier white people who live in HI) just might be a tad skewed?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 10:09:50 AM »
You're letting your interpretation of positive experiences with people from the military who you are friends with - which puts them as more likely to be of similar backgrounds and beliefs. You are not speaking with black 20 year olds in Detroit on leave.  You are speaking with middle aged white military lifers who have chosen a life of paradise in hawaii, whether is be a base or home.

Can you see how your highly scientific researching (bullshitting with wealthier white people who live in HI) just might be a tad skewed?

???  You don't know what the heck you're talking about.  I speak to lower enlisted black kids.  High ranking Hispanic officers.  Low ranking multiracial officers.  High ranking white enlisted soldiers.  High ranking retired black officers and enlisted soliders.  All ethnic groups, all ranks, all branches.  I work with white collar professionals, but I interact with people of all ethnic and income backgrounds.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 10:15:12 AM »
???  You don't know what the heck you're talking about.  I speak to lower enlisted black kids.  High ranking Hispanic officers.  Low ranking multiracial officers.  High ranking white enlisted soldiers.  High ranking retired black officers and enlisted soliders.  All ethnic groups, all ranks, all branches.  I work with white collar professionals, but I interact with people of all ethnic and income backgrounds.   

Okay.

Well Zogby does the same, and worked with about 1000 people selected from a proportioned cross-sectional of all groups.

They also allowed for anonymity, something that a proud military man might feel inside but not put on paper.

IMO, for you to place more stock in the 1 or 2 dozen people you've spoken with, than in a scientific poll by a reputable firm like Zogby, really shows that you hear what you want to hear.

It's sad that you probably state what you hear as fact, when there are documented facts available which you avoid.  You're an agent of bad information.  I am sharing correct information.  it's sad, isn't it? 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 10:24:05 AM »
You're an agent of bad information. 

lol!   ;D

Yes I state as "fact" what people share with me.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 10:28:40 AM »
lol!   ;D

Yes I state as "fact" what people share with me.   ::)

Then please say "some people I have talked to feel this way".

When you say "I agree with kh that most military men will..." and then state something that aogby showed is not true, you are sharing bad info.

It's cool the military men you speak to enjoy what they do and are willing to spend the next 20 years stationed in the Bush Oil Station: Iraq.   But they do not speak for the majority, and saying that they do, if factually incorrect.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 10:32:49 AM »
Then please say "some people I have talked to feel this way".

When you say "I agree with kh that most military men will..." and then state something that aogby showed is not true, you are sharing bad info.

It's cool the military men you speak to enjoy what they do and are willing to spend the next 20 years stationed in the Bush Oil Station: Iraq.   But they do not speak for the majority, and saying that they do, if factually incorrect.

Quit making up quotes.   ::)  I will say whatever I want, however I want, so long as I don't offend any of the women on the board.   :)  If you refuse to read it properly, then that's your problem:  "Some are afraid, some want out, but most are proudly serving their country."