Author Topic: Hit a nevre?  (Read 1706 times)

ignorance

• Getbig III
  • https://www.facebook.com/ResearchBodybuilding
Hit a nevre?
« on: November 01, 2006, 11:52:20 PM »
Pinned tonight. 500mg test E
[250mg = 1cc] x2
Right leg.

Took my time getting the needle in. Small Pain -> Hit something like normal ( muscle wall ) , then took it slow. Pasted through it, then out of FUCKING no where, it felt as if my muscles caved in on themselves and crammed up. No brainier pulled the needle out. Re-located, alcohol wiped, then re-pinned three inches high up the leg. Shocked the fucking shit out of me. I was in a state of panic.

Div has talked in the past about "if you hit a vein YOU'LL KNOW!" Fucking flipped.

Anyways told the wife, expert she is started laughing at me and said I hit a nerve, or even the muscle inside the nerve.

Fucking shit Div, got me all worked up over the fucking vein. I hate you bro.  ;D

The wife is right, isn't she?

ignorance

• Getbig III
Re: Hit a nevre?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 11:53:30 PM »
Positive note I can still walk.  8)

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:30:43 AM »
Pinned tonight. 500mg test E
[250mg = 1cc] x2
Right leg.

Took my time getting the needle in. Small Pain -> Hit something like normal ( muscle wall ) , then took it slow. Pasted through it, then out of FUCKING no where, it felt as if my muscles caved in on themselves and crammed up. No brainier pulled the needle out. Re-located, alcohol wiped, then re-pinned three inches high up the leg. Shocked the fucking shit out of me. I was in a state of panic.

Div has talked in the past about "if you hit a vein YOU'LL KNOW!" Fucking flipped.

Anyways told the wife, expert she is started laughing at me and said I hit a nerve, or even the muscle inside the nerve.

Fucking shit Div, got me all worked up over the fucking vein. I hate you bro.  ;D

The wife is right, isn't she?

There is a huge difference in feeling between hitting a vein and hitting a nerve.

If you pierce a vein, it will be a slight sting and you will know, but still be able to finish the injection.

If you pierce a nerve, you should be able to feel the tissue being a bit harder to penetrate than normal muscle, and when you force it in, the sensation will kick back......much like a reflex.  If you hit a nerve you always pull out, out of fear.....

I would advise that you remember not to inject in the upper quads.....stay medium and to the outside, the meaty part of the leg.

What kind of wife do you have anyway?

She should be injecting you instead of laughing at your ass....  ???

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 01:55:21 AM »
The only time I ever hit a nerve was lateral thigh shots.  I hit them almost every time.  There is a band that runs down the outside of the thigh, sometimes it's almost better to pin the front of the thigh there are less nerves there.

On another note, I hit a vein EVERY time I pinned my shoulders...I must have had vascularity under my skin I couldn't see....

Every time I pulled the dart out of my shoulder it bled like crazy and on occasion squirted all over the bathroom.  Every time, it really worried me for the longest...

But remember, you won't be pinning anywhere to hit a vein big enough to accept all the gear...you may penetrate a vein on the way in and when you pull it out the blood will rise, but it's nothing to worry about.

I never aspirated, Doctors don't do it so I never did.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 08:05:08 AM »
that has happen to me alot in my quad. i found a good circular area on the middle/outer portion of my right quad that always works with zero pain. took me a few painfull pins to find it.

8)

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 08:18:02 AM »
lol oh you'll know when you hit a nerve...there will be no question about it.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 09:46:29 AM »

I don't aspirate either, and still alot of people think that's heresy....

DIV

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 09:59:25 AM »
i never do it...and i've worked in a few ER's and also on meat wagons and have yet to see anyone aspirate EVER! as long as there's no air in the needle before you shoot is really the only main concern...i presented this question in paramedic class and was told it was nonsense from a 20year paramedic.

SPRINKFSU

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 10:31:34 AM »
well I guess you wont do that again. ;) but it does happen

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:30:57 PM »
i never do it...and i've worked in a few ER's and also on meat wagons and have yet to see anyone aspirate EVER! as long as there's no air in the needle before you shoot is really the only main concern...i presented this question in paramedic class and was told it was nonsense from a 20year paramedic.

I never understood why people wanted to aspirate for an IM injection.

It's a waste of AAS....

It's only relevant for an IV shot, and that is an entirely different subject altogether.....

DIV

ignorance

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 11:43:11 PM »
Well the wife does other parts of my body ie my shoulders and butt.
I pinned the outswipe of my quad and near the top.
I have a shaved area on part of my outswipe that is the area of which I pin in.
I always clean clean the area, shower, wipes and even after the injection, I clean the area.
lets not forget my hands, washed with soap and then anti-Baterica lotion.
Not yeah the wife was right, hit the muscle wall that the nerve is at.
Interesting it never happened before.
But doesn't matter, as long as my legs ain't fucked and I'm not dead.

;D

For Div. The wife is a RN and when told her what happen when she was at work, overnight, she started laughing and then her co-workers had something to talk about that night on lunch break. It's all good though she made me breakfast that morning for being freaked out. Hahaha.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2006, 01:08:44 AM »
Well the wife does other parts of my body ie my shoulders and butt.
I pinned the outswipe of my quad and near the top.
I have a shaved area on part of my outswipe that is the area of which I pin in.
I always clean clean the area, shower, wipes and even after the injection, I clean the area.
lets not forget my hands, washed with soap and then anti-Baterica lotion.
Not yeah the wife was right, hit the muscle wall that the nerve is at.
Interesting it never happened before.
But doesn't matter, as long as my legs ain't fucked and I'm not dead.

;D

For Div. The wife is a RN and when told her what happen when she was at work, overnight, she started laughing and then her co-workers had something to talk about that night on lunch break. It's all good though she made me breakfast that morning for being freaked out. Hahaha.

All I know is.......if my wife was a nurse she'd be doing just about all my injections. 

I'd have her injecting my back even....

I'd probably have her injecting in to the knots in my scapula just to see if it breaks up the scar tissue.   :D

DIV

O

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2006, 02:04:26 AM »
All I know is.......if my wife was a nurse she'd be doing just about all my injections. 

I'd have her injecting my back even....

I'd probably have her injecting in to the knots in my scapula just to see if it breaks up the scar tissue.   :D

DIV

Actually once you have developed it enough the lat is a great place to pin....

freakfestMD

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2006, 06:15:01 AM »
The only time I ever hit a nerve was lateral thigh shots.  I hit them almost every time. 

The nerve is the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve of the thigh, which exits out of the interval between the sartorious medially and the tensor fascia lata laterally (both muscles originate from the anterior superior iliac spine).  It's a pure sensory nerve, and it innervates a large patch of skin at the upper and outer thigh.

On another note, I do aspirate.  It doesn't detract from the injection in any way, and you should remember that when a doc gives you a "shot", typically a vaccination, that is an aqueous compound.  AAS are oil-based, and not something you probably want to get I.V.  Although I do aspirate, because I see no reason NOT to, in the end it probably will only matter to that one poor sucker who inadvertantly mainlines it... :'(

DIVISION

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2006, 07:37:21 AM »
The nerve is the lateral femoral cutaneous nerve of the thigh, which exits out of the interval between the sartorious medially and the tensor fascia lata laterally (both muscles originate from the anterior superior iliac spine).  It's a pure sensory nerve, and it innervates a large patch of skin at the upper and outer thigh.

On another note, I do aspirate.  It doesn't detract from the injection in any way, and you should remember that when a doc gives you a "shot", typically a vaccination, that is an aqueous compound.  AAS are oil-based, and not something you probably want to get I.V.  Although I do aspirate, because I see no reason NOT to, in the end it probably will only matter to that one poor sucker who inadvertantly mainlines it... :'(

I can't imagine there is a person out there who manages to mainline a testosterone injection.  You know it's happened due to the law of averages, but who, why and how?

DIV

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2006, 08:15:42 AM »
Milos did it during a bicep injection i believe...

8)