Author Topic: why don't marriages in HOLLYWOOD last long...  (Read 2989 times)

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
why don't marriages in HOLLYWOOD last long...
« on: November 02, 2006, 06:53:38 AM »
this has been a case that still puzzles me.these superstar think marriages are jokes and just staying the word 'I DO' is enough for you to make your mate happy..
here are a lists of some celebs who treated marriages as jokes...
1)nicolas cage after every 6 months dumps his wife and marries another girl and then dumps her and this continues forever

2)micheal jackson first wed elvis preslys daughter and divorced her within 2 yrs.the jackson married his nanny and then he had kids with her.later he divorced her too.the latest that  have heard about jackson is that he is again aflling in love with one of his nannies...

3)britney spears married jason alexander for 2 days or 55hrs.talk about short marriages.from what i have head her marriage to kevin federlin is on the rocks

4)brad pitt left jennifer aniston for bisexual angelina jolie.

5)tom cruise split with nicole kidman after a strong 10yr marrige.now tom is with katies holmes,his marriage does not seem to be going as planned by tom..lol.even nicole kidman is having prolems with her new man(don't know his name)

6)nick lachey and jessica simpson split after few years of marriage

7)the latest rocking break up is of ryan phillepe and resse witherspoon fater a 7yr marriage

8)rachel hunter recently divorced rod stewart..after a 10yrs or so marriage

9)jim carrey divorced lauren hlly after a brief 6 month marriage...
so why do these hollywood marriages fail misreably... :'(
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: why don't marriages in HOLLYWOOD last long...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 07:07:14 AM »
Probably because they're famous celebrities and thus very impulsive self-obsessed people who live massive highs and massive lows.

They're all the same - actors, rock stars, TV stars and the like - they all have that similar personality trait. All cut from the same cloth.

The only type of famous people who don't follow this pattern are sports stars - they tend to me more disciplined, focused, and driven to attaining goals and are thus more level-headed, hence their relationships last a lot longer. Obviously there are exceptions to the rule, especially when you live in the public eye but in general you tend to find that this is the case. 

Clubber Lang

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 07:15:29 AM »
busy schedules, more opportunities to cheat etc etc

marriages everywhere are getting shorer and many are chosing to not even tie the knot cause its easier and more acceptable now

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2006, 07:27:31 AM »
busy schedules, more opportunities to cheat etc etc

marriages everywhere are getting shorer and many are chosing to not even tie the knot cause its easier and more acceptable now
very true
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2006, 07:30:17 AM »
They say a man is only as loyal as his options.

To some extent, maybe it is true.

I'm sure there is only so long you could work as a cook at Hooters and put up with a wife who doesn't put out before you'd be caving.

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:11 AM »
Tom and Katie Holmes arnt married yet

Nicole Kidmans new husband (Keith Urban) is currently in rehab

Tehbiz is also a divorcee  :D

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:25 AM »
Money = access to everything and anything, which = boredom with all of it in the end. The longer these people have fame and wealth the wierder they get.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2006, 07:44:37 AM »
Most are pre-arranged publicity crap...  And who wouldn't leave Aniston for Jolie...  Good Choice... The only thing that would be hard to deal with is her collection of African babies.  I don't like the idea of fighting through a mini zulu nation to get to what is one of the finest babes on earth...  Honey... Put down the tribe and come to bed now.... ::)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2006, 07:46:23 AM »
Most are pre-arranged publicity crap...  And who wouldn't leave Aniston for Jolie...  Good Choice... The only thing that would be hard to deal with is her collection of African babies.  I don't like the idea of fighting through a mini zulu nation to get to what is one of the finest babes on earth...  Honey... Put down the tribe and come to bed now.... ::)

There aren't that many babies to adopt in North America.  ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 07:54:36 AM »
They don't last because they start in the sack and many of them have a broken moral compass. 

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2006, 08:00:40 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-spinoffs-goldencouples2nov02,1,3825732.story?coll=la-headlines-entnews

Hollywood's golden couples
Ryan and Reese may have called it quits, but there are still a few celebrity pairings left to give us hope.
By Deborah Netburn, Times Staff Writer
November 2, 2006

The news that Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe have called it quits comes as a shock of sorts. It's not that we imagined their relationship was perfect, but it seemed possible they might stay together if for no other reason than sheer force of Witherspoon's iron will. It's not too hard to imagine her practicing that wide, dazzling smile while repeating, "We will be a happy family. We will be a happy family," 10 times before leaving the house...

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-goldencouples-pg,1,6039009.photogallery?coll=la-headlines-entnews&index=1

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2006, 08:02:55 AM »
There aren't that many babies to adopt in North America.  ::)
Maybe that's why she's adobting Africa :P

Purge_WTF

« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2006, 08:44:56 AM »
  Actors are too self-absorbed to be concerned enough for other people.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2006, 08:46:26 AM »

Something bodybuilders know all too well.  :-\

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2006, 08:46:39 AM »
but they usually wed their fellow actors only..so i think so those other people that you have mentioned are the actors themselves..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 08:54:34 AM »
Something bodybuilders know all too well.  :-\
come on bay..just look at jay cutler he cares too much about his wife..jay is a family man
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2006, 05:38:39 AM »
The most creative people in the world are generally considered 'crazy' by regular standards. Cant expect crazy people to live happily ever after.

(tehbiz = creative  ;) )

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »
You guys have no idea about the kind of pressures that come with "celebrity marriages".

I'm really sorry to hear about "Reese & Ryan". I was hoping they would make it, ...but apparently not.

btw - BB, it's not about a broken moral compass. Why you insist on being so judgemental about people you do not know, who are experiencing and being subjected to things you do not know, will never experience, and do not understand, ...is beyond me.

From what I've discovered about you, and your mindset, ...you could never even last 2 yrs in a celebrity marriage, ...so stop passing judgement on them please.

If I seem a bit harsh, it's because I'm really upset about Reese & Ryan (and annoyed by your tendency to be judgemental of people you do not know). I suspected it wasn't going to last back in 2001, ...thought they'd split back in 2003, then thought for sure they were doomed in 2005, ...yet nothing happened. I finally began to think they managed to escape the curse... and now it appears they have not.  :'(

ps - All things being equal, celebrity marraiges (minus the additional pressures) are no different from those of ordinary people. Everyday people get separated & divorced as well. The only difference is, most people are willing to suffer in silence, or lead separate lives rather than make it official and move on, because they can't afford to go it on their own. Men stick around in unhappy marriages and cheat on the side, cause they don't want to lose half the assets, and/ or have to pay child support. Or wives stick around in loveless marriages because after staying out of the work force for years to have children, their careers were stalled and they don't have the ability to get back into the workforce in a capacity that would prevent their lifestyles from plummeting.

Yes, celebrity marriages can be difficult to sustain, however, there are plenty of them that are doing very very well. How many of you who cast aspersions on the celebrities who have divorced are also divorced yourselves? ...and how many can say their relationships with their ex's are as cordial and as supportive as Bruce Willis' & Demi Moore's.
w

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2006, 09:48:09 AM »
btw - BB, it's not about a broken moral compass. Why you insist on being so judgemental about people you do not know, who are experiencing and being subjected to things you do not know, will never experience, and do not understand, ...is beyond me.

you really have no idea who I am do you?

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2006, 09:49:39 AM »
One of the reasons i respect Bono so much is that he has been with his wife since before U2 were famous. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2006, 09:51:10 AM »
you really have no idea who I am do you?

Sorry Bigger Business, when I said BB, I meant Beach Bum.

I gotta figure a way to differentiate between the two of you when I make abbreviations.

And no, ...I don't know who you are. Who are you?  :)
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2006, 09:51:53 AM »
You guys have no idea about the kind of pressures that come with "celebrity marriages".

I'm really sorry to hear about "Reese & Ryan". I was hoping they would make it, ...but apparently not.

From what I've discovered about you, and your mindset, ...you could never even last 2 yrs in a celebrity marriage, ...so stop passing judgement on them please.

I'm sorry, but do I know you?  Have we met?  Had even a single conversation?   ::)

Just fyi, I've been married 17 years to the same woman.  Tell me again how long you've been married?  

Perhaps my comments hit close to home?  Are you part of the immoral Hollywood culture?  Have you had countless sexual encounters with people you hardly know?  Have you married someone you had sex with before you knew anything about them?  Those kind of practices permeate Hollywood.  I call things as I see them.  Stop trying to sugarcoat what goes on in L.A.  It is by and large a moral abyss.    

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2006, 10:10:21 AM »
I'm sorry, but do I know you?  Have we met?  Had even a single conversation?   ::)

Just fyi, I've been married 17 years to the same woman.  Tell me again how long you've been married?  

Perhaps my comments hit close to home?  Are you part of the immoral Hollywood culture?

If I was part of the "immoral Hollywood culture" I wouldn't have made the choice to be located in Toronto.

Have you had countless sexual encounters with people you hardly know?

No. I'm not promiscuous.

Have you married someone you had sex with before you knew anything about them?

No, I have not.

Those kind of practices permeate Hollywood.

Are you saying those celebrity marriages referenced ended for all the above reasons? (notwithsatnding the Spears abheration)

I call things as I see them.

Then your perspective is skewed.  

Stop trying to sugarcoat what goes on in L.A.  It is by and large a moral abyss.    

Who is trying to sugarcoat anything. I'm simply saying you are unaware of the additional burdens that accompany "celebrity marriages". Why don't you tell me all about Reese & Ryan's immorality?  ::)

ps - As for the morality of the town (or rather lack thereof) ...we're talking mainly the players behind the scenes. Most celebrities, when it comes right down to it, ...and when and/or if you actually got to know a few, ...are very normal people. It is the perception, and the maintence of the perception that they lead abnormal existences that makes them such "celebrities".

w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2006, 10:16:20 AM »
I have no idea, nor do I care, why Reese Witherspoon is getting a divorce.  Try reading the title of this topic.  I made a comment about why I believe Hollywood marriages don't last long. 

If you cannot see that a plethora of people in Hollywood have multiple sexual partners, jumping from mate to mate, then you are in denial.  Charlie Sheen, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, etc., etc.  These guys have a warped sense of morality IMO.     

2lean

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »
Two words: Big Egos!